No comment
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To my fellow gun owners....
(12-11-2021, 07:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Another deliberate mischaracterization of what I posted, and a violation of the CoC.  I used to defend you when other people called you out, no longer.  Having to lie on the internet to score points is probably as sad a thing as a person can do, so I suppose I should feel sorry for you.  

So you think it's beastly? You like the pics? Because I could have sworn we were in agreeance it was lame?.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 01:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's someone who agrees with OP;

I apologize, I'll quote the orignal statement. I thought you agreed with me these pics were lame. I didn't realize we differed in how we viewed these pics as gun owners. My fault for thinking we agreed.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 03:07 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Pfft, that was probably JJ himself.   Smirk

Since we are being sensitive should I cry about this? Is this a violation of CoC? No worries. I won't. I can take a joke. Or maybe I was wrong about this being a joke too. Maybe it was projecting. It's hard to read people who don't stay true to themselves. Can dish it but can't take it. Act down the middle but as sensitive as someone on the extreme end of the spectrum.

Nobody calls me out on anything. And I certainly don't need anyones defense (just to throw it back in their face that they gave a defense of someone who never asked for or needed it - just lame honestly, and a sign of poor character/enflated ego. Don't defend someone just to throw it in their face when they never even needed or asked for it. Someone with some class and character should have taught you that along the way)... I get positive feedback on many of my posts (why do you think I am still around). Many don't like to even comment on things because of how personal people get around here, so they hit me up on the side and I respect that. You and 1 other poster like to get personal and take shots (but at least he true to himself, and I know where he stands), instead of sticking to the topic at hand. Everyone else comments on the topic of the post.

But it's whatever. I'm glad you came out as disagreeing with me and my OP. Again I apologize I thought we agreed. You should have shown your true colors from the jump instead of waiting until page 3, and I would have known we differed in opinion.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, the guy was born to be executed by the state, so sure.

Side note, my niece who is 5 had a bit of a breakdown in church because she put 2 and 2 together and realized that ceramic baby in the manger was the same guy who was hanging up on that cross.  She's too young to have that mindset where we love the angelic babies, but once they become troublesome adults we're all about capital punishment.

Which denomination are you?

Does your church serve communion for all?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't have an issue with gun ownership either. I am wondering what part of society thinks these pictures is "cool" or get a tingle in their spine when they see them.

You don't and I respect that. But many do I guess? And that I find odd. Not to influence the poll.

The pictures came out right after a school shooting. Perfect timing.

I don't think the pictures are "cool," and they certainly are more worthy of scorn than the

commentary of journalists discussing that part of society which finds them cool.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 06:34 PM)Dill Wrote: Which denomination are you?

Does your church serve communion for all?

I'm a longstanding member of the church of daydreaming while sitting there in order to please someone who is sitting there to please someone else.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm a longstanding member of the church of daydreaming while sitting there in order to please someone who is sitting there to please someone else.  

LOL I was just wondering what would happen if someone had to explain to your niece what she was drinking/eating during communion.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: The religious right would be so furious with Jesus. They think he was a gun toting overcompensating man. They'd call him a snowflake (and fear him as a terrorist on a plane if you want to be honest). It is so interesting how politics have nearly done Christianity in.

But they are all going to hell anyway because God is pro choice. We may not like it, and we should preach his word, but people have their choice to folow or not. His greatest gift to man was free will. Trying to take that away condemns them to hell and that is that. But that is a topic for another day.

This is the biggest line of bs. Sure, God gave mankind free will. He also gave us Commandments to live by, and you have a choice to live by them or not. But like everything else, there are consequences for your decisions. So you're going to try to convince yourself God is for killing unborn babies in the womb?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 10:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is the biggest line of bs. Sure, God gave mankind free will. He also gave us Commandments to live by, and you have a choice to live by them or not. But like everything else, there are consequences for your decisions. So you're going to try to convince yourself God is for killing unborn babies in the womb?  Hilarious

There is zero biblical support for the pro-life position. Zero. In fact, up until the civil rights era the Christian right was pro-choice. They adopted the pro-life position in an effort to make their segregationist positions more about "religious freedom" so they could continue to keep their private schools whites-only. Literally, when Roe was decided, the big names in the evangelical movement lauded the decision. The Catholic view is actually rooted in Aristotle's teachings, not those of of their Jewish forefathers or those of Jesus.

So yeah, I don't put much stock in the idea that God is against abortion. The Jewish law treated a fetus as property, not as a person, and our modern law shouldn't consider it a person, either.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is zero biblical support for the pro-life position. Zero. In fact, up until the civil rights era the Christian right was pro-choice. They adopted the pro-life position in an effort to make their segregationist positions more about "religious freedom" so they could continue to keep their private schools whites-only. Literally, when Roe was decided, the big names in the evangelical movement lauded the decision. The Catholic view is actually rooted in Aristotle's teachings, not those of of their Jewish forefathers or those of Jesus.

So yeah, I don't put much stock in the idea that God is against abortion. The Jewish law treated a fetus as property, not as a person, and our modern law shouldn't consider it a person, either.

I never really thought about it, but idea of a fetus inside a woman having any sort of power over a middle eastern man 2000+ years ago does seem rather farfetched. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is zero biblical support for the pro-life position. Zero. In fact, up until the civil rights era the Christian right was pro-choice. They adopted the pro-life position in an effort to make their segregationist positions more about "religious freedom" so they could continue to keep their private schools whites-only. Literally, when Roe was decided, the big names in the evangelical movement lauded the decision. The Catholic view is actually rooted in Aristotle's teachings, not those of of their Jewish forefathers or those of Jesus.

I mean they treated everything that wasn't a free male as property. Mellow

Some still want to do that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 01:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean they treated everything that wasn't a free male as property. Mellow

Some still want to do that.

Nah. You kill the woman, life for life. Terminate the pregnancy - restitution.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 10:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So you're going to try to convince yourself God is for killing unborn babies in the womb?  Hilarious

Well he does kill a lot of them, doesn't he?  

Lots of fertilized eggs are spontaneously aborted, before the mother even knows she is pregnant.
9-17% of pregnancies in women 20-30 end that way. Not pro-choice mom doin' that. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK560521/
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 01:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Nah. You kill the woman, life for life. Terminate the pregnancy - restitution.

Oh!  I just figured they could get paid for their loss but I guess it makes sense even with the woman as property.  If I remember they killed a lot of other men over rape...but I figured that was more about defiling "their" woman than about caring about the woman's feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 01:34 PM)Dill Wrote: Well he does kill a lot of them, doesn't he?  

Lots of fertilized eggs are spontaneously aborted, before the mother even knows she is pregnant.
9-17% of pregnancies in women 20-30 end that way. Not pro-choice mom doin' that. 

It's always "God's will" unless we need to sue someone.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 01:34 PM)Dill Wrote: Well he does kill a lot of them, doesn't he?  

Well, god drowned nearly the entire population of the planet so you'd have to assume there were some pregnant women involved in that whole fiasco.
Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly, the Bible actually has pretty explicit instructions on killing the unborn.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 10:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is the biggest line of bs. Sure, God gave mankind free will. He also gave us Commandments to live by, and you have a choice to live by them or not. But like everything else, there are consequences for your decisions. So you're going to try to convince yourself God is for killing unborn babies in the womb?  Hilarious

Of course as a Christian we believe there are consequences, there is also forgiveness for our sins, and all sins are equal so Evangelicals have to be careful making abortion any worse in God's eye's then lying, adultry, or not listening to your mother and father........ But what you do is still ones choice. That is the key, and his greatest gift. Literally millions of Evangelicals are headed to hell because they don't understand this key blessing. One right up there with Jesus dying to abvolve us from our sins. Choice is God's gift. He doesn't want people forced to worship him, he wants them to come to him (a lot of critics say on their knees and in their worse moments, but nevertheless, that is what the Bible teaches). 

Sorry to preach to folks. I'm not innocent and am a sinner, so no Bible thumping here, but God is pro choice, and many so called Evangelicals and "religious right" better be careful letting politics lead them down a damning path.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 07:31 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: If I recall correctly, the Bible actually has pretty explicit instructions on killing the unborn.

I think the moral of the story when it's all said and done is the Bible has explicit instructions on many things. All of which are forgivable if you believe and ask for forgiveness (which not to get struck down but is pretty ..... well I won't say it.. given you can do pretty much anything and then accept Jesus as your Lord and savior etc.... before you die and be good). Abortion (Murder), is no different then any of us men (or women) looking at our neighbors booty when she jogs by. Even if we are happily married. 

The question is why are all sins equal? They are, and thus there is no reason to make one worse than the other. Trump (and many on the "pro life" side has committed adultry far more times then that rape victim had abortions. But here we are.....  

Reply/Quote
What I will say about what I do agree with the Pro Life people is if you are going to say it's a sin, and God is against it, then he has to be against it for all reasons.

You can't say it's a sin etc.... but give the OK for certain situations. I definitely don't think that is how it works. If you think it's murder, it's murder.

Reply/Quote