Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***(Wild Card) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Raiders @ Bengals***
(01-15-2022, 08:10 PM)TheFan Wrote: Drops, penalties, and mistakes seem to be saving our defense more than anything. Really hope we have our 2nd half adjustments and lock it down.

Raiders are who they are, they are a penalized team. Jungle should stay loud!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: sean white is still snowboarding lol

And Tony Hawk is still skating!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
T ony Dingy can lick my arse
Reply/Quote
If they can keep getting into FG range and keep limiting the big play I think that they'll win.  The Raiders want to burn the cover 1.  I could see rushing 5, but I'd keep safeties back for the rest of the game.  If they get greedy, the Raiders may pounce.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:11 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No one stopped. Did you see any of the DBs freak out over it? No, because it didn’t affect them.

It doesn't matter. If the whistle is blown, the play is dead. 

"when an official sounds his whistle erroneously while the ball is still in play, the ball becomes dead immediately."

The rule goes on to note that if a player has possession at the time of the whistle, the team can elect to take possession at the point of possession or re-do the play. But if the ball is loose "resulting from a legal forward pass" -- in other words, if it's in the air -- the ball is returned to the previous spot, and the down is replayed."
Reply/Quote
Raiders kinda playing ass but still in it.

Ball is on Burrows hands. We need a touchdown now
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Chris Simms said we'd be picking in top 5 in the pre-season. Mute when he speaks!

We are going to be up by so much in the SB that Allen is going to come in and throw 3 TDs in mop-up time and we will trade him to the Texans for their 4th overall pick.  Duh.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:11 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No one stopped. Did you see any of the DBs freak out over it? No, because it didn’t affect them.

Lol.....for real.  I mean your mind has to process hearing the whistle before you can even attempt to sto and there wasn't nearly enough time for that.  We're talking a half a second.  Everyone stopped my ass lol.  They stopped after Boyd caught the ball
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: sean white is still snowboarding lol

Beat it
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Whistle was blown with ball in the air. It was a TD.

That's not the rule. By rule, it should have been called back. 

Of course, it should never have been blown in the first place and did not impact the play.  The ball was 3 feet from Boyd when it blew. 
Reply/Quote
Damn would sure feel better if Bengals only gave up FG right before halftime.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It doesn't matter. If the whistle is blown, the play is dead. 

"when an official sounds his whistle erroneously while the ball is still in play, the ball becomes dead immediately."

The rule goes on to note that if a player has possession at the time of the whistle, the team can elect to take possession at the point of possession or re-do the play. But if the ball is loose "resulting from a legal forward pass" -- in other words, if it's in the air -- the ball is returned to the previous spot, and the down is replayed."

So you’re cool with the refs screwing the bengals? Because that’s what would’ve happened
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:11 PM)Spider Wrote: T ony Dingy can lick  my arse

this
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dungey can take his whistle comments and stick the up his....
The ball had been thrown inbounds and was a fraction of a second from the catch. No way it affected the play. I;m actually more interested in why the ref blew it. Gambling debts or orders from NY.

Wait, so Dungy has to shut up about it but you're also pretty sure it was a fix of some sort?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Only leading by 7 and giving up an embarrassing TD right before half? The playoff win is FAR from being even probable much less assured. 

Might wanna look at the record of playoff teams over the last 5 years, who have lead by 7 or more at the half, before you say it is 'far from being even probable'.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:11 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Lol and had they not allowed it and the Bengals lose by six you would have been losing your mind.  Plus, don't even act like you knew that was the rule before you heard it on TV.  Hell half the announcers didn't even realize it so don't even act like you did.

Absolutely knew it was the rule.  Plays end when the whistle blows, and an errant whistle cannot be reviewed.  It's a problem that happens all the time, week in and week out.  Plenty of times we have failed to get the turnover because of the whistle that blew prematurely.  And plenty of times we retained posession because of the same thing.  Just because an error goes in favor of the Bengals doesn't mean it was not an error.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So you’re cool with the refs screwing the bengals? Because that’s what would’ve happened

Did I say that? 

I'm providing the definition to the rule. By definition, that is what should have happened. I would've been upset, but that's what the rule is. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Might wanna look at the record of playoff teams over the last 5 years, who have lead by 7 or more at the half, before you say it isn't probable.

Except these are the Bengals, so halve those odds. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Might wanna look at the record of playoff teams over the last 5 years, who have lead by 7 or more at the half, before you say it isn't probable.

Bengals have outplayed Vegas and are only up by 7

I pray that Vegas keeps up the mistakes and drops
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 08:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It doesn't matter. If the whistle is blown, the play is dead. 

Tbh I don't care. Whistle shouldn't have been blown, and that was def going to be a TD.

So the correct outcome happened regardless.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote