Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***(Divisional) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Titans***
(01-22-2022, 08:06 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: One strength this team has had is halftime adjustments. Going into the half with a lead and getting the ball back to start I’m not worried. If they have a first drive like the first half it’s time to rely on the defense to hold this game together.

Since I haven’t been able to watch, I’m curious if they’ve been exploiting screens on the edges or trying to take the middle with Uzo at all?

Trying to, but not much success.  We're just such a bad screen team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
9-6 Bengals ahead...ahead is always a good thing

the good news is we're ahead going into the 2nd half where we always play better. Plus, they started moving the ball a bit better as the 1st half continued.
I'm still in a "the glass is half full" mood so I'm staying positive

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Great run defense going up against a dog crap o-line

I know that doesn’t make sense to you. It’s all Mixon’s fault

Frank, my dog is insulted...  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: I personally thought that Tee was down on the fumble.  He's had a good half, overall, but the drop before the half was pretty bad.

He’s not beating 1-on-1 coverage. They’re selling out to take away Chase.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:03 PM)treee Wrote: Defense is kicking ass. O needs to wake up.

As Mixon said, still haven't played a complete game yet.  Hopefully we are saving that for the next 10 quarters.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: Trying to, but not much success.  We're just such a bad screen team.

And yet at other times they’ll nail the screen or even a sweep with Chase. Just to get it outside. Good interior line that seems like the chance to break one and keep their line a little more honest.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:09 PM)pally Wrote: 9-6 Bengals ahead...ahead is always a good thing

the good news is we're ahead going into the 2nd half where we always play better. Plus, they started moving the ball a bit better as the 1st half continued.
There's no doubt we outplayed them in the first half. I'm in a cautiously optimistic mood right now. It's still anyone's game. It's looking like this will come down to 1 or 2 big plays. We'll see which team makes those plays.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Getting a TD here would be such a momentum changer.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
It's almost like the announcer doesn't like saying -

"Cincinnati in the lead" or "Cincinnati up on"
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:07 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I wouldn't call that a pure drop - Higgins was slammed pretty good.

That has to be caught.

Reply/Quote
So so date. Bengals are going into half time with a a lead.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yep.

Our "running game" just needs to be dump off passes from here on out. Our oline is not opening a single hole.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

That’s what she said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:07 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The importance of conserving timeouts ...  we could have had some more points there at the end of the half if we had had a TO.

I believe the timeouts kept drives alive. The importance of homefield advantage is the what you were seeing. 
Reply/Quote
It was a exciting half considering the score. Good old fashion defense. Love it.

Now, it's time to air it out.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As Mixon said, still haven't played a complete game yet.  Hopefully we are saving that for the next 10 quarters.

Mixon is sure helping this game stay incomplete, thus far.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:09 PM)pally Wrote: 9-6 Bengals ahead...ahead is always a good thing

the good news is we're ahead going into the 2nd half where we always play better.  Plus, they started moving the ball a bit better as the 1st half continued.  

Didn't know you guys are a 2nd half team too. So are we. We are in for quite a finish
[Image: sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Banking on half-time adjustments, but up 9-6 on the #1 seed at their place, and we are outplaying them for the most part. Just gotta punch it in the end zone.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Joe Mixon, 6 rushes, 5 yards

Henry definitely isn't running away with things either , 10 for 30,  I'd take the 10/30 over 6/5 any day.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Burrow does have something to do with that.  He can get the ball to the other skill players not named Tee or Chase.

So you think Tee is getting open but Burrow is choosing not to throw to him? Seems unlikely…

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mixon is sure helping this game stay incomplete, thus far.

There has been a total of 1 whole for him to run in all game and he got 6yards cuz Boyd failed on the seal block.
Reply/Quote