Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-17-2022, 03:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: End of thread, no trade going down. Free agent signing watch is in effect!

Malik tweeted were all in now. let's bring him home boys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You got Daryl Williams, Riley Reiff, Terron Armstead, Duane Brown, La'el Collins, Trent Brown, Eric Fisher, Germain Ifedi, and Bryan Bulaga who could conceivably start (and be a significant upgrade to Prince) at either RT or move Williams over to RT and take over LT for at least 1 to 2 years. Some are shorter term options but would be really good to have if we decide to go tackle at 31.

Only Armstead is on par with Collins and he isnt an option.

Reiff and D Brown are old.

Ifedi is unproven. Not against having him, but could be arisk.

T Brown has only played well in Boston, is expensive but has some really good tape.

Bulaga not popular with the Chargers fans.. but the bar isnt very high.

Fisher not an option at his price and injuries.

So basically Williams (typical Bengals move), Ifedi and T Brown... Brown is in Seattle today I think?

Im hoping for Collins.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Only Armstead is on par with Collins and he isnt an option.

T Brown has only played well in Boston, is expensive but has some really good tape.

So basically Williams (typical Bengals move), Ifedi and T Brown... Brown is in Seattle today I think?

Im hoping for Collins.

Collins is obviously the prize of the pack, but we're not totally ****** if we screw it up. There are options out there that appreciably improve our line from last year, especially the second half of last year).
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:11 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Collins is obviously the prize of the pack, but we're not totally ****** if we screw it up. There are options out there that appreciably improve our line from last year, especially the second half of last year).

Brother, you at RT appreciably improves our line from last year.

If not Collins, Im seeing Williams as the only real option... 

But LETS GO COLLINS for now!

Reply/Quote
Get Joe Burrow this man's number, get him in town for a visit (and a physical), get him a big steak dinner, and get him signed.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Scenario, Who do you prefer, Collins or Tretter? assuming we could have one of them? i think Tretter and kick Karras over keep Hopkins as depth
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote:

No help.... Just like our "scheme" calls for (regardless of who's starting).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:27 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Scenario,  Who do you prefer, Collins or Tretter?  assuming we could have one of them?  i think Tretter and kick Karras over keep Hopkins as depth

Both until Tretter (or Collins) isn't an option. CB market is shot so is TE market (may be some options but nothing expensive or cap breaking). Money we have left after cutting Wayne's and Hopkins can allow for 2 more signings at least. Where else is the money going to be spent now? 

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:27 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Scenario,  Who do you prefer, Collins or Tretter?  assuming we could have one of them?  i think Tretter and kick Karras over keep Hopkins as depth

With Hopkins still here or the option that Carmen/Smith/Rookie/Vet could compete for LG Collins is the obvious choice.  RT is very difficult. 

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: No help.... Just like our "scheme" calls for (regardless of who's starting).

You have no idea what you’re talking about. The Bengals were able to contain guys like TJ Watt and Maxx Crosby precisely because we gave our OT’s help.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: No help.... Just like our "scheme" calls for (regardless of who's starting).

Yeah but our scheme was Joe had no help....

[Image: game-of-thrones-jon-snow.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: You clearly missed the sarcasm... 

Gotta do the ninja.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Both until Tretter (or Collins) isn't an option. CB market is shot so is TE market (may be some options but nothing expensive or cap breaking). Money we have left after cutting Wayne's and Hopkins can allow for 2 more signings at least. Where else is the money going to be spent now? 

Plenty of options at CB and that market is way lowering $ wise than estimated.

You may have to suit for TE....

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Plenty of options at CB and that market is way lowering $ wise than estimated.

You may have to suit for TE....

Options, but I don't think any of them will break the bank. Prove it deals are likely what is left.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Only Armstead is on par with Collins and he isnt an option.

Im hoping for Collins.
At this point, I don't expect La'el to be at $10/mil a year anymore.  I'd be okay with any of the above with the best durability record as a stop gap for the year, and go after Tretter or Bozeman with the extra savings.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Both until Tretter (or Collins) isn't an option. CB market is shot so is TE market (may be some options but nothing expensive or cap breaking). Money we have left after cutting Wayne's and Hopkins can allow for 2 more signings at least. Where else is the money going to be spent now? 

What are you talking about?  There are plenty of great options left at either position.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cornerback/all/

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Told ya I had a bigger throbbing unit compared to Caesar....
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are you talking about?  There are plenty of great options left at either position.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cornerback/all/

Who's getting big money that wouldn't allow for 2 more additions to the line? I don't see any.... And also please bolden the rest of the sentence where I said there were options.

Also can you show TE's.... 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tight-end/all/

Which CB or TE would you rather sign then a combo of Tretter and Collins? We can discuss respectfully.

I'll start. None.

Reply/Quote

I think there are still some decent TE options out there (Everett, Hooper) that should be affordable. And I think there are good round 2-7 TE options in the draft (McBride, the kid from A&M, Ruckert, guy from Wisconson, etc). 

If I had to pick a scenario, I'd take Collins over Tretter. Why? Well, I don't think it is likely a RT who is day 1 ready falls to us in the draft (Ekongwu, Neal, Cross, Penning). Faalele is a project. But I think there is a chance Linderbaum falls with short arms (take him, Karras to LG), or Green/Zion Johnson are there (take them, Karras to C). Not a great chance, but a significant one. 

If we sign both Collins & Tretter, we'd have to release Hopkins and Fred Johnson to come close to having space. Waynes would have to go just to be able to sign Tupou, Apple (or similar corner) and the draft picks. 
Reply/Quote