Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
What about picking Desean Jackson off of Baltimore's practice squad? Solid Vet that still has a bit in the tank!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:29 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Baltimore just won a game with one guy catching passes you would be worried about in Andrews.

People need to relax. The team has a former first round pick at TE and two WR's that would start on every team in the league. It's going to be okay.

The offense will look different, but again if Burrow is who we all think he is, this will not stop the Bengals offense. 

All this doom and gloom stuff is kind of an insult to the guy under center. This isn't the Andy Dalton days where if A.J. went down, the team went down. I'm very confident Burrow is going to be just fine out there.

Are we going start running the option with Burrow?  

Given the schedule coming up(Browns, Panthers, Bye, Steelers, Titans, KC), the Bengals will probably be ok if Chase is out 4 weeks provided the defense continues to play well.  The Titans and especially the Chiefs without Chase is a whole different matter entirely.  It should also be pointed out that given our current 0-2 record in the division, we can't afford a slip up against the Browns or Steelers if we want to keep a reasonable hope of winning the AFCN alive. A loss in one of those games can very well mean we're on the road in the WildCard round.

Duke shouldn't necessarily be in panic mode, but he should be working the phones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals are going to make a trade. I don't think they're even CONSIDERING making a trade.

I do think, however, the Bengals are going to sign someone: either Will Fuller or OBJ (God, hopefully not) or, most likely, sign someone off a practice squad (not necessarily ours).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 09:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think the Bengals are going to make a trade. I don't think they're even CONSIDERING making a trade.

I do think, however, the Bengals are going to sign someone: either Will Fuller or OBJ (God, hopefully not) or, most likely, sign someone off a practice squad (not necessarily ours).

Is OBJ even able to play? He's only 8 or 9 months removed from a torn ACL
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 09:13 AM)Tomcat Wrote: What about picking Desean Jackson off of Baltimore's practice squad? Solid Vet that still has a bit in the tank!

I think  they might have elevated Desean Jackson to the 53. He was roaming the sidelines last night. I can't find confirmation, but I think he was elevated from the practice squad, but did not play last night.

I also wonder whether it is automatic that if a player is taken from a practice squad that they have to go to the team selecting them, or whether they can say no. Ravens need WRs and DeSean Jackson would seem to be quite content to be on the Ravens team, for which he will be playing as early as next game.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 10:14 AM)Nepa Wrote: I think  they might have elevated Desean Jackson to the 53. He was roaming the sidelines last night. I can't find confirmation, but I think he was elevated from the practice squad, but did not play last night.

I also wonder whether it is automatic that if a player is taken from a practice squad that they have to go to the team selecting them, or whether they can say no. Ravens need WRs and DeSean Jackson would seem to be quite content to be on the Ravens team, for which he will be playing as early as next game.
  • Practice Squad
A “practice squad” player is a signed player who cannot play in games. Different teams are only allowed to sign these players to their active 53-man roster. Of course, this requires the agreement between the player and both teams.

Is what i found...  But i havent heard of a PS player turning down being signed to an active roster that i can remember
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm not saying Ross is an undoubtable talent, but Kingsbury wouldn't know talent if it bit him in his pompous ass.

yea but he has  "talented" Girlfriend from what Ive seen
all kidding aside, Ross should not be playing football. he was never cut out for the sport 
Reply/Quote
My guess is they possibly sign Dede Westbrook for depth.

We could possibly steal the man, the myth, the legend, Auden Tate from the Eagles practice squad.

Fuller could be a deep threat (don't think it'll happen)

I still say, get Gronk and absolutely own the middle of the field Lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
So right now the offense has zero ability to take the top off of a defense. Chase out and Tee playing hurt. They need to get some help as in a fast receiver who can get behind defenses and they need it now, not in a few weeks when we may be out of realistic playoff contention as the offense struggles to score.
Reply/Quote
https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-trade-deadline-player-team-fits-packers-should-get-wr-brandin-cooks-for

NFL.com says we should be targeting a DT from Carolina in a trade. I actually feel pretty good with our dline after the past couple of weeks. I think players have stepped up with Reader out.

NFL.com also says Brandon Cooks should be targeted by the Packers.

Is Cooks a good target? He seems similar to Chase in some ways. He is 29 years old so it would be a rental on him. Maybe a mid round pick is more realistic for a older player?

I've also heard Jeudy is being shopped, and Moore. Could they cost more?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:05 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-trade-deadline-player-team-fits-packers-should-get-wr-brandin-cooks-for

NFL.com says we should be targeting a DT from Carolina in a trade. I actually feel pretty good with our dline after the past couple of weeks. I think players have stepped up with Reader out.

Is Cooks a good target? He seems similar to Chase in some ways. He is 29 years old so it would be a rental on him. Maybe a mid round pick is more realistic for a older player?

If we could land a guy like Cooks for a 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick then do it.

I don't think the Bengals are even considering trades though.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kendric Pryor currently has 0 catches for 0 yards for the Jacksonville Jags. Cutting him does not "loom large" under any circumstance

Yes and I cant help but think of and recall that guy we had a yr or so ago, Willis? what an awsome preseason he had and then reg games hit and he was a huge DUD. Lets get a proven guy that can take some pressure off TB and TEE, I like the idea of Marshall as he has that LSU connection to JB.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:05 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-trade-deadline-player-team-fits-packers-should-get-wr-brandin-cooks-for

Jeudy makes a ton of sense, IMO. He's very affordable and has a year remaining on his rookie deal. He can play slot and wide. He would not only help immensely while Chase out, but would give them an incredible set of weapons once Chase returns. He also gives them options for 2023.

If the front office is serious about a SB ring...this is a perfect time to act...to take a step that proves to everyone that they are all in, that they recognize how important this current window is and that the days of 'standing pat' are over. 

We're seeing good teams, legitimate contenders making moves to improve / bolster their rosters. For once, I would love to see the Bengals be one of those teams...making an in-season deal to make them even more dangerous. A lot of things have changed for the better since Zac took over, and this is one more domino I would love to see fall.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jeudy makes a ton of sense, IMO. He's very affordable and has a year remaining on his rookie deal. He can play slot and wide. He would not only help immensely while Chase out, but would give them an incredible set of weapons once Chase returns. He also gives them options for 2023.

If the front office is serious about a SB ring...this is a perfect time to act...to take a step that proves to everyone that they are all in, that they recognize how important this current window is and that the days of 'standing pat' are over. 

We're seeing good teams, legitimate contenders making moves to improve / bolster their rosters. For once, I would love to see the Bengals be one of those teams...making an in-season deal to make them even more dangerous. A lot of things have changed for the better since Zac took over, and this is one more domino I would love to see fall.

Commanders could be looking to pull in draft picks so they might listen to offers on a player like Dyami Brown. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jeudy makes a ton of sense, IMO. He's very affordable and has a year remaining on his rookie deal. He can play slot and wide. He would not only help immensely while Chase out, but would give them an incredible set of weapons once Chase returns. He also gives them options for 2023.

I like Jeudy as an option. It seems like there are a lot of intriguing options. We could definitely use the depth. If we can throw a 4th at someone I say do it.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Commanders could be looking to pull in draft picks so they might listen to offers on a player like Dyami Brown. 

I wanted him in the draft. I know he's not been in a great environment, but I am surprised he hasn't done a bit more than he has.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Cooks has a huge contract. We have $3 million in cap space.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cooks has a huge contract. We have $3 million in cap space.

His base salary is only $1.1 mil this year, though, and the Texans would have to eat the signing bonus acceleration.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 09:13 AM)Tomcat Wrote: What about picking Desean Jackson off of Baltimore's practice squad? Solid Vet that still has a bit in the tank!

I'd honestly love this move. He can stretch the field and be nothing more than a burner. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 03:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd honestly love this move. He can stretch the field and be nothing more than a burner. 

Too old for my liking. I remember hearing his name last year, but not for him making plays. It’s just a big deal for him to be playing at all at this point in his career I guess bc the commentators do love to talk about him—even when he’s sitting on the practice squad.
Reply/Quote