Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
I highly doubt that the FO does anything just because of the upcoming strength of schedule. It's not overly daunting. However, there are a lot of solid WRs that could be brought in at a relatively low price.
As previously mentioned, Jeudy (A great fit), Miller (He was being shopped until all of the injuries they had at WR...their WRs are getting healthy...speed for days but smallish), Fuller (Speed and experience), most of NEs WRs; Myers (Highly doubtful.), Agholor (contract issues), and Parker (I personally wouldn't mind getting Parker at a reasonable cost. Size and speed...good fit.), last but not least for me, Claypool!!!(I know, I know, but his size and speed would be a fit and he would have some serious juice against Pitt.)

Several solid and affordable options currently available.
Reply/Quote
If I were in Bengals' Front Office; I'd see what kind of salary TY Hilton is looking for. It was assumed he'd return to Indy for the Playoff run, but it looks like they're throwing in the towel.

If I want to gain some publicity, I bring back Chad. Hell, he's only 2 years older than Brady
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If I were in Bengals' Front Office; I'd see what kind of salary TY Hilton is looking for. It was assumed he'd return to Indy for the Playoff run, but it looks like they're throwing in the towel.

If I want to gain some publicity, I bring back Chad. Hell, he's only 2 years older than Brady

I like the TY idea. LMAO about Chad!! Ts, I have no doubt that he can still get open in this league. Stays in great shape. Savy vet! Plus he would probaly play for peanuts. Hell, bring in TO!  Sarcasm Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jeudy makes a ton of sense, IMO. He's very affordable and has a year remaining on his rookie deal. He can play slot and wide. He would not only help immensely while Chase out, but would give them an incredible set of weapons once Chase returns. He also gives them options for 2023.

If the front office is serious about a SB ring...this is a perfect time to act...to take a step that proves to everyone that they are all in, that they recognize how important this current window is and that the days of 'standing pat' are over. 

We're seeing good teams, legitimate contenders making moves to improve / bolster their rosters. For once, I would love to see the Bengals be one of those teams...making an in-season deal to make them even more dangerous. A lot of things have changed for the better since Zac took over, and this is one more domino I would love to see fall.

100% agree. I hope they make a move. Jeudy is a perfect fit also in that he won’t hurt the bengals from a salary cap perspective (this year or next year).
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jeudy makes a ton of sense, IMO. He's very affordable and has a year remaining on his rookie deal. He can play slot and wide. He would not only help immensely while Chase out, but would give them an incredible set of weapons once Chase returns. He also gives them options for 2023.

If the front office is serious about a SB ring...this is a perfect time to act...to take a step that proves to everyone that they are all in, that they recognize how important this current window is and that the days of 'standing pat' are over. 

We're seeing good teams, legitimate contenders making moves to improve / bolster their rosters. For once, I would love to see the Bengals be one of those teams...making an in-season deal to make them even more dangerous. A lot of things have changed for the better since Zac took over, and this is one more domino I would love to see fall.

Nice post Holic. Would love this and completely agree that if the FO got a trade done for Jeudy it would show everyone 
the Bengals are all in for a Superbowl win. Jeudy, Jeudy, Jeudy!!!
Reply/Quote
If the team really is looking at the idea of trades, the Washington Football team.

They have depth at WR that they just don't use due to gameplan as well as terrible terrible QB play.

Dotson is the WR of the future for them, but they also have Terry McLaurin who is explosive, Curtis Samuel who is super reliable and Dyami Brown who has made splash plays when given the reps. Prying 1 of those guys away would be an interesting move and would help with the depth on the WR unit as a hole.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

A very giant yes. 

I mean what happens, hate to even type it, if we have further injury issues with receivers?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post Holic. Would love this and completely agree that if the FO got a trade done for Jeudy it would show everyone 
the Bengals are all in for a Superbowl win. Jeudy, Jeudy, Jeudy!!!

https://predominantlyorange.com/2022/10/27/jerry-jeudy-trade-value-broncos-just-skyrocketed-chiefs-trade/

This article is saying it will take a 2nd to get Jeudy. I don't know if I'd offer more than a 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 09:26 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: https://predominantlyorange.com/2022/10/27/jerry-jeudy-trade-value-broncos-just-skyrocketed-chiefs-trade/

This article is saying it will take a 2nd to get Jeudy. I don't know if I'd offer more than a 3.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2022/10/28/23428392/jerry-jeudy-trade-rumors-fantasy-football-updates-giants-packers-colts-benglas

This article is saying a 2nd or a 3rd packaged with later picks. I would do the 3rd with later picks for Jeudy. A 2nd is too high when we need to spend those 1st/2nds on a premier corner, or oline/dline help IMO.
Reply/Quote
I think the price tag may be too high on Jeudy. They spent a 1 on him after all. I'd be really happy with a wideout like Cooks though. His playstyle is similar in a lot of ways to Chase and we don't need a long-term plan for this wideout necessarily. At 29 he can probably be had for much less.

But Jeudy would be cool to have for sure. He could back up Higgins and Chase. He could be a rental as well if his production is too good and he wants to be a number 1 somewhere.

There are some good options out there for trade from what the internet is saying. I don't know much about Moore but he was supposed to be good coming out of college (and he's being shopped).
Reply/Quote
I highly doubt the bengals will go after any FA WR. It’s just not their MO

Reply/Quote
You all have no concept of a salary cap in your trade proposals. We have $3 million in cap space.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 03:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd honestly love this move. He can stretch the field and be nothing more than a burner. 

When he was young he could.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:05 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I've also heard Jeudy is being shopped, and Moore. Could they cost more?

I'm not a big fan of Jeudy. Or for that matter (Elijah) Moore. DJ Moore... different story. But I'm not skilled in the art of capology and I don't know how we could acquire his contract. I'm sure it could be done somehow but not on a whim, and there'd be significant assets going back the other way (not to mention creative accounting and re-working Hendrickson's deal and who knows what else that this owner is not historically known for). 

It's wild that we're thinking about this though. I see it as a good sign that the shoe's on the other foot after decades of total ineptitude and irrelevance. 
Reply/Quote
If you are looking for a budget option that you could sign and try to groom there is always Dazz Newsome. Was drafted by the bears and released before the season. Would be affordable, and is young and might have some talent. Downside is, it would take a few weeks to have him fully up to speed. But, might be a good guy to stash on the P.S. once they call one of the in-house options up.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 03:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: His base salary is only $1.1 mil this year, though, and the Texans would have to eat the signing bonus acceleration.

But it is a fully guaranteed $18 million for 2023. I’d rather give that money to Tee

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So with keeping in mind the salary cap and the not wanting to have someone past this season, if the Bengals want to add a player the target should be Marquise Goodwin.

Seattle is in tank mode. Goodwin has a base salary under 2 Million and is a FA at the end of the season. Shouldn't cost more than a late round pick to get him and he can be explosive as he averages 14.6 ypc this year.

Reply/Quote
I just read something that they are NOT putting chase on IR bc they think he can potentially heal quicker.

I’m beyond frustrated by how this team handles IR. Mixon 2 years ago was BS.

With this news I doubt we sign anyone. …and that’s fine as long as Higgins and Boyd stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 02:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So with keeping in mind the salary cap and the not wanting to have someone past this season, if the Bengals want to add a player the target should be Marquise Goodwin.

Seattle is in tank mode. Goodwin has a base salary under 2 Million and is a FA at the end of the season. Shouldn't cost more than a late round pick to get him and he can be explosive as he averages 14.6 ypc this year.

Lmfaooo wowwy

Seattle is not in tank mode at all. Try paying attention to other teams not based in cincinnati

I dont mean to come off as a dick, but that was just a baffling statement. I apologize
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 02:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So with keeping in mind the salary cap and the not wanting to have someone past this season, if the Bengals want to add a player the target should be Marquise Goodwin.

They’re in 1st place…

Reply/Quote