Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Uh oh Joe Mixon
Sounds like that I have the same opinion as several others. I hated when we picked Mixon. Not his talent, but the video. Look, there are a couple of times in my life where I've been in situations with violent women that were just begging to be treated like a man. However, they are women, so of course, I walked away. To punch a woman like he did takes some sort of disconnect. That behavior is not normal.

That said, he totally proved me wrong and has been mostly a model citizen. Hopefully, this will go away quietly for him. The team should still move on without him for strictly business purposes.
Reply/Quote
If it's road rage. It reminds me of a friend of mine. That said he was driving in slow moving traffic lady switched lanes and just rubbed bumpers with him. He was about to pull over but she kept driving so he did too and then went on his way. He thought that was the end of it until he was contacted by the police saying the woman accused him of hitting her then driving aggressively after her. So it could be a case like this or if they're were words exchanged the gun stuff added in.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:08 PM)Roland Wrote: ******

If it's just a case of the victim dropping charges after a settlement it reflects badly.

I cannot imagine someone can just drop charges after a settlement once it went to the point of a warrant. They would have to say they were mistaken (such as they realize it wasn't Mixon) to get the charges dropped or that they lied to get the charges dropped. But a settlement implies they weren't mistaken. And lying to get a warrant would be a serious offense. 

Getting it dropped without a settlement would seem to be what Mixon's agent is implying. That the court drops the issue because the police/court did not do due diligence and other facts go against what was alleged.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:00 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: If it's road rage. It reminds me of a friend of mine. That said he was driving in slow moving traffic lady switched lanes and just rubbed bumpers with him. He was about to pull over but she kept driving so he did too and then went on his way. He thought that was the end of it until he was contacted by the police saying the woman accused him of hitting her then driving aggressively after her. So it could be a case like this or if they're were words exchanged the gun stuff added in.

It absolutely could be this way....

I can't count the times some dumbass didn't know the rules of the road and got ill with me because I was doing what I was supposed to do....i.e. merging into a four lane road while turning right. I'm sure everyone has seen the asshole that turns left into the far lane thinking they own road when they're supposed to be in the near (fast) lane if turning left.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: I cannot imagine someone can just drop charges after a settlement once it went to the point of a warrant. They would have to say they were mistaken (such as they realize it wasn't Mixon) to get the charges dropped or that they lied to get the charges dropped. But a settlement implies they weren't mistaken. And lying to get a warrant would be a serious offense. 

Getting it dropped without a settlement would seem to be what Mixon's agent is implying. That the court drops the issue because the police/court did not do due diligence and other facts go against what was alleged.

Not necessarily.  Again, there could have been no witnesses and Mixon paid her to not push it.  She cannot drop the charges, the state made those, but she can say that she doesn't want to testify and if the only evidence is her word the case would be unprosectuable. It would be very difficult even if she did testify. Now add the fact that it is high profile and Mixon would have great lawyers.  This would only be a headache for the state.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not necessarily.  Again, there could have been no witnesses and Mixon paid her to not push it.  She cannot drop the charges, the state made those, but she can say that she doesn't want to testify and if the only evidence is her word the case would be unprosectuable. It would be very difficult even if she did testify. Now add the fact that it is high profile and Mixon would have great lawyers.  This would only be a headache for the state.

That makes sense. Good analysis.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:00 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: If it's road rage. It reminds me of a friend of mine. That said he was driving in slow moving traffic lady switched lanes and just rubbed bumpers with him. He was about to pull over but she kept driving so he did too and then went on his way. He thought that was the end of it until he was contacted by the police saying the woman accused him of hitting her then driving aggressively after her. So it could be a case like this or if they're were words exchanged the gun stuff added in.

I got run into the back by someone in a grocery store parking lot, strongly enough to cause damage to the vehicle and smash my glasses when I hit the dashboard.  I calmly told the elderly lady "just wait while I call the police," and went to call the police. No cell phones back then. I went to payphone and called and when I went back the lady was gone. But someone took down her license plate, so I turned her in. The police tracked her down. Then I got interrogated by the police as "menacing" because the lady told them that I threatened her and she was scared that I would hurt her and that's why she left the scene. Nothing like that happened; I never even raised my voice or said more than those seven words about wait while I call the police. I wasn't even angry at the lady. Yet, I ended up being the one accused.

If Mixon's case was a "he said, she said" case of road rage, then definitely the police should have spoken with both parties before issuing an arrest warrant. Since this was more than a week ago, the police should provide a detailed explanation of whether or not they did do due diligence or rushed to judgment.
Reply/Quote
I will say this. If you're in front of me going about 10 miles below the speed limit and swerving. When I pass you and see your dumbass texting. Be prepared to feel the wrath.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Waiting for all the details to come out.

To the people dogging Mixon for an incident 8 years ago when he has been nothing but A+ since.... Tell me you didn't read very far into the details of that case w out telling me you didn't read very far into the details of that case.

There's a tremendous amount of layers to the Mixon punch that the media never spoke much about. No question the punch was wrong, but it was only a big deal because it was a woman he hit. If that were a man or male college aged guy, no one would fault Joe for having done that given the actual circumstances that lead up to the moment of impact. That doesn't mean him punching her was ok or the right thing to do. It just means that circumstances and context matter.

^ Why do I say this? Because I read most of the court testimony and transcripts, watched the videos, watched Joe and the Victim's statements post settlment, the police statements, her and Joe's statements, read into her background and the person she's shown herself to be since and compared that to Joe's history past and present. That chick is an absolute turd human.

Given alllll of the above, I couldn't care less about what happened in 2014. It wasn't a Ray Rice or Kreem Hunt incident. Or a DeShawn Watson incident. Yet, people make Joe Mixon out to be Ray Caruth. Which, as I type that, makes me feel a bit ironic given the few details that have come out since last night.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:49 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Waiting for all the details to come out.

To the people dogging Mixon for an incident 8 years ago when he has been nothing but A+ since.... Tell me you didn't read very far into the details of that case w out telling me you didn't read very far into the details of that case.

There's a tremendous amount of layers to the Mixon punch that the media never spoke much about. No question the punch was wrong, but it was only a big deal because it was a woman he hit. If that were a man or male college aged guy, no one would fault Joe for having done that given the actual circumstances that lead up to the moment of impact.

^ Why do I say this? Because I read most of the court testimony and transcripts, watched the videos, watched Joe and the Victim's statements post settlment, the police statements, her and Joe's statements, read into her background and the person she's shown herself to be since, Joe's history past and present.

Given alllll of the above, I couldn't care less about what happened in 2014. It wasn't a Ray Rice or Kreem Hunt incident. Or a DeShawn Watson incident. Yet, people make Joe Mixon out to be Ray Caruth. Which, as I type that, makes me feel a bit ironic given the few details that have come out since last night.

What are the tremendous layers of that case?  And what court testimony?  I thought Mixon pled out?

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 08:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What is menacing?

It's certainly doesn't describe how he plays on the field.

Get rid of this bum and pay for an offensive lineman who  doesn't get beat in 1.7 seconds on the last drive of the AFCCG.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

I'd wager all the details for this incident never come out.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd wager all the details for this incident never come out.

They don't call it "hush money" for nothing..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

There's a tremendous amount of layers to the Mixon punch that the media never spoke much about. No question the punch was wrong, but it was only a big deal because it was a woman he hit. If that were a man or male college aged guy, no one would fault Joe for having done that given the actual circumstances that lead up to the moment of impact. That doesn't mean him punching her was ok or the right thing to do. It just means that circumstances and context matter.

^ Why do I say this? Because I read most of the court testimony and transcripts, watched the videos, watched Joe and the Victim's statements post settlment, the police statements, her and Joe's statements, read into her background and the person she's shown herself to be since and compared that to Joe's history past and present. That chick is an absolute turd human.

I can back this up. I know people in the DA’s office and police force in Norman. Joe’s got an awful temper. He lost complete control and that girl pushed him hard and called him the “N” word. She was bad news. But you never hit a woman. I’m betting this was road rage and he was late for the trip to Buffalo.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
A bit personal, but I have been falsely accused before. Was absolutely devastated that people actually could believe lies about me. I was 100% not guilty, but it wasn't until the grand jury that the truth came out. That was months later, and by that time, it was too late. I was a violent, dangerous criminal. Newspaper literally had one sentence buried in a story that charges were dropped.

To add insult, due to the "emotional state of the victims" ( read: bat$hit crazy ), no charges were filed against them.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
The charges have now been dismissed pending investigation. Basically, the prosecutor doesn't have enough evidence to prosecute. He reserving the right to bring charges again if more evidence appears. The victim wants to continue with the prosecution if they refile the charges

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: But you never hit a woman. 
Why? Because they're weak? Frail? Too small? Such a sexist and outdated  mode of thinking.

That said, the correct answer is "you should never hit ANYONE (unless it's in defense of yourself or others)"

BTW, Soonerpeace, I'm don't mean to me it look like I'm calling you sexist or anything, just using your comment to point out that in today's world where men and women are supposed to be equal, I don't like that some people think it's never okay to hit a woman. We should be promoting the idea that it's never okay to hit ANYONE (even though there are times when it's ok).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I can back this up. I know people in the DA’s office and police force in Norman. Joe’s got an awful temper. He lost complete control and that girl pushed him hard and called him the “N” word. She was bad news. But you never hit a woman. I’m betting this was road rage and he was late for the trip to Buffalo.

Nah fam, 

If she called him the N Word, she had it coming to her 100 percent.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say this. If you're in front of me going about 10 miles below the speed limit and swerving. When I pass you and see your dumbass texting. Be prepared to feel the wrath.

For realz

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 01:57 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not perfect either though.

I know what you did last summer. Ninja

Reply/Quote