Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Uh oh Joe Mixon
Is there a usual off-season timeframe when we anticipate cuts happening?

Whether the Bengals cut him for how they view his talent, this incident, financial considerations, or a combination of all the above will probably be unknown to us fans. I'm more interested in when a decision might take place.

Is a Mixon roster cut an immediate decision or one of those situations where the contract dictates they wait months and months to benefit the team?

Enlighten me, fellow Bengals fans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Is there a usual off-season timeframe when we anticipate cuts happening?

Whether the Bengals cut him for how they view his talent, this incident, financial considerations, or a combination of all the above will probably be unknown to us fans. I'm more interested in when a decision might take place.

Is a Mixon roster cut an immediate decision or one of those situations where the contract dictates they wait months and months to benefit the team?

If they are going to cut him for whatever reason the cap hit for 2023 would be less severe if they do so after June 1st.  I think it would be 2.7 million after June 1st as opposed to 5.5 million before.  Then another 2.7 million in 2024. I might be wrong on those numbers though.  Contract stuff is a bit confusing at times.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While "rushing to judgement", in either direction, is wrong and speculative given the lack of details being released on the situation.  The only fact we know right now is that an arrest warrant has been filed.  It also appears that either his attorney or his agent is claiming that the charges will be dropped, which also seems a bit rushed and possibly a pure PR move.  What cannot be denied is that this is the 3rd incident to arise that seriously calls into question the character of a young man in the first 8 years of his adult life.

Given the gravity of that last sentence, I'd say that it's natural for people to start making assumptions.  Eventually the truth will come out, and everyone can have their "I was right and you were wrong" moments.  However, with how hard this organization has worked to move past the "criminal Bengals" narrative that was established during the Marvin Lewis years, I'd say that fans calling for Mixon's release could be justified in those sentiments.

Ok, he hit the blonde in Oklahoma. What was the 2nd incident, because I do not remember one?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, he hit the blonde in Oklahoma. What was the 2nd incident, because I do not remember one?

He hit you so hard you got soap opera-style amnesia. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Is there a usual off-season timeframe when we anticipate cuts happening?

Not sure if they have to wait till the league year starts...

But Before June 1 anyone cut that has dead money applies to this years cap.

After June 1 they can spread the cap hit out over 2 years. instead

Dont know mixons dead money  (i think 5.5 mil)  if hes cut

Found this little article about june 1 cuts
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/06/the-nfls-post-june-1-cuts-explained
Reply/Quote

They can let him know that he is being cut and wait to official to do it after June 1 to save a couple million more dollars.  I have read some here are concerned about doing this early for free agency but we dont have to be under the cap until September 7th.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, he hit the blonde in Oklahoma. What was the 2nd incident, because I do not remember one?

Threw a parking ticket at whoever gave it to him, and drove his car in that person's direction... Menacing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: He hit you so hard you got soap opera-style amnesia. 

You're knocking it out of the park with the solid hooks today.
Reply/Quote
This whole allegation does not make sense to me. They are saying this happened on the Saturday prior to the Bills game. Does it not occur to anyone that Joe and the rest of the team were traveling to Buffalo? I think this is what he attorney is eluding to when he says "I think the police have the responsibility to do due diligence before they file charges." Even if this was earlier in the day, I find it hard to believe he had time to be out being an outlaw and not home getting ready to leave for Buffalo. Something stinks here. Probably why they are dropping the charges, the story falls apart if Mixon is in Buffalo or on a plane. Would people be so quick to believe this if it was the other Joe?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:45 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: If they are going to cut him for whatever reason the cap hit for 2023 would be less severe if they do so after June 1st.  I think it would be 2.7 million after June 1st as opposed to 5.5 million before.  Then another 2.7 million in 2024.  I might be wrong on those numbers though.  Contract stuff is a bit confusing at times.  :)

Thank you.

So if they invest a high draft pick in a RB we can anticipate Mixon is getting cut after 6/1.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:50 AM)jason Wrote: Threw a parking ticket at whoever gave it to him, and drove his car in that person's direction... Menacing.

I don't think I even heard about that. What became of it?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think I even heard about that. What became of it?

he was never charged but suspended 1 games i think this was back in college

Per Andrew Clark of OUDaily.com, citing an Oklahoma University Police Department report, Mixon was alleged to have torn up a parking citation and thrown it in the face of a university parking attendant on Nov. 1. 

Mixon was suspended by Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops for the team's Nov. 3 game against Iowa State. 
Reply/Quote
It is much easier for people to jump to conclusions when they've all seen his college video of shame.

It's unfortunate for him, but then again he made that bed.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It is much easier for people to jump to conclusions when they've all seen his college video of shame.

It's unfortunate for him, but then again he made that bed.

1 mistake should never vilify someone the rest of their life.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This whole allegation does not make sense to me. They are saying this happened on the Saturday prior to the Bills game. Does it not occur to anyone that Joe and the rest of the team were traveling to Buffalo? I think this is what he attorney is eluding to when he says "I think the police have the responsibility to do due diligence before they file charges." Even if this was earlier in the day, I find it hard to believe he had time to be out being an outlaw and not home getting ready to leave for Buffalo. Something stinks here. Probably why they are dropping the charges, the story falls apart if Mixon is in Buffalo or on a plane. Would people be so quick to believe this if it was the other Joe?

Yeah, well nobody thought that a player (Stanley Wilson?) would go on an all night cocaine binge the night before the Superbowl, either..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he was never charged but suspended 1 games i think this was back in college

Per Andrew Clark of OUDaily.com, citing an Oklahoma University Police Department report, Mixon was alleged to have torn up a parking citation and thrown it in the face of a university parking attendant on Nov. 1. 

Mixon was suspended by Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops for the team's Nov. 3 game against Iowa State. 

So again, when he was still in college. I can't say with any certainty that I ever threw a parking ticket at a "Greenie Meanie" Parking police while at Eastern Kentucky University, but I sure cussed a few. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 10:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The initial report just said there was a warrant. Isn't that a legal actuality?  People rushing to judgment on either side isn't the fault of a factual report. 

The original report showed the warrant so that part is true.  It was in my quoted tweet above but they deleted the tweet because they hadn't redacted addresses.  My guess is that the "rush to judgement," if any, was on the part of the charging officer.  

I'm hoping for Joe's sake that the officer "rushed to judgement" based on a false report and that Joe has a solid evidence of his innocence.  Preferably video or "I was on a flight out of town."  If it's just a case of the victim dropping charges after a settlement it reflects badly.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So again, when he was still in college. I can't say with any certainty that I ever threw a parking ticket at a "Greenie Meanie" Parking police while at Eastern Kentucky University, but I sure cussed a few. 

Why are you so dismissive of incidents that show a pattern of bad character?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:08 PM)Roland Wrote: The original report showed the warrant so that part is true.  It was in my quoted tweet above but they deleted the tweet because they hadn't redacted addresses.  My guess is that the "rush to judgement," if any, was on the part of the charging officer.  

I'm hoping for Joe's sake that the officer "rushed to judgement" based on a false report and that Joe has a solid evidence of his innocence.  Preferably video or "I was on a flight out of town."  If it's just a case of the victim dropping charges after a settlement it reflects badly.

Probably a KC fan.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why are you so dismissive of incidents that show a pattern of bad character?

Why are you so quick to believe everything you hear

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/02/agent-charges-against-joe-mixon-will-be-dropped-on-friday/
Reply/Quote