Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Uh oh Joe Mixon
(02-03-2023, 01:01 AM)CincyKid Wrote: really doesnt matter if the charges are real, false or completely dropped

just a bad look that Bengals Ownership, Coaches and Players dont want anymore

The past proven charge and new charge w/ a totally different woman is a disturbing pattern.

Joe is overpaid..........cut him w/ the least amount of cap hit and re-sign Perrine w/ the money you save

addition by subtraction is a popular phrase here and fits this situation perfectly.

If the whole thing was false or a lie, you shouldn’t cut him just because it looks bad. That’s absolutely messed up

You should cut him because the team saves 12 million and he isn’t very productive
Reply/Quote
This is simple to me

I don't care about the cap implications, or who takes his spot or how he performed last year positively or negatively..

If it looks like he did this....he's gone. I don't want to cheer on people who would behave like this.

We defended this guy as a model citizen ever since the awful incident in college, and his continued model behavior as an example of the good things that can happen when someone is given a second chance.

If this report is in any way legit, he's not only wrecked his own life, but he's made every defender of his look like an idiot.

I'll wait to see how this unfolds before I have a definitive view of Joe Mixon the person
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 11:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: "rush to judgment" ????  A warrant has to have probable cause...

According to Ohio State Records:  

"What is an Arrest Warrant in Ohio?
An arrest warrant authorizes the bearer to arrest and/or detain the person named on the warrant. In Ohio, a court may issue an arrest warrant if there is reason to believe that the defendant has committed a crime. Judges, magistrates, court clerks, or designated court officers may issue arrest warrants in Ohio. For an Ohio arrest warrant to be valid, it must contain:

The defendant’s name. If the defendant’s name is unknown, the warrant must contain a description by which the defendant may be reasonably identified.
A description of the offense for which the court issued the warrant
The applicable state statute
Whether the court issued the warrant before or after a scheduled hearing
Bail amount where applicable
Where applicable, a specification that the defendant is not eligible for bail.
Designated officers may execute arrest warrants anywhere in the state. Additionally, law enforcement agents may arrest persons named on a warrant without having a physical copy of the warrant. In this case, the arresting officer must inform the defendant of the existence of the warrant and the offense that the defendant is charged with. However, the arresting officer must provide the defendant a copy of the warrant as soon as possible."

Literally all this shows is that a person can claim someone threatened them (or whatever the offense is) and provided the name. If this was done at a club you would assume there's video evidence that will surface.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 01:27 AM)TheFan Wrote: Literally all this shows is that a person can claim someone threatened them (or whatever the offense is) and provided the name. If this was done at a club you would assume there's video evidence that will surface.

Has to have reasonable evidence.  Maybe video will surface but I doubt it.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:22 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Dropped just like he did that girl back in college

Trash
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
[Image: cincinnati-joe-mixon-mixon-for-president...hoodie.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We really should wait until Bart Scott weighs in...

[Image: th?id=OIP.Omq_EOjqiKXgVESGsBT9NAHaHa&pid...id=Api&P=0]

Can't wait!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Whoever first reported it did no due diligence

They were just trying to be first
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 11:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: "rush to judgment" ????  A warrant has to have probable cause...

According to Ohio State Records:  

"What is an Arrest Warrant in Ohio?
An arrest warrant authorizes the bearer to arrest and/or detain the person named on the warrant. In Ohio, a court may issue an arrest warrant if there is reason to believe that the defendant has committed a crime. Judges, magistrates, court clerks, or designated court officers may issue arrest warrants in Ohio. For an Ohio arrest warrant to be valid, it must contain:

The defendant’s name. If the defendant’s name is unknown, the warrant must contain a description by which the defendant may be reasonably identified.
A description of the offense for which the court issued the warrant
The applicable state statute
Whether the court issued the warrant before or after a scheduled hearing
Bail amount where applicable
Where applicable, a specification that the defendant is not eligible for bail.
Designated officers may execute arrest warrants anywhere in the state. Additionally, law enforcement agents may arrest persons named on a warrant without having a physical copy of the warrant. In this case, the arresting officer must inform the defendant of the existence of the warrant and the offense that the defendant is charged with. However, the arresting officer must provide the defendant a copy of the warrant as soon as possible."

No, you're confusing probable cause and reasonable suspicion. They are different standards. A person can go to court and sign a criminal complaint alleging just about anything. The kicker is this is a sworn document. That's reasonable suspicion and a warrant can be issued by the court. Probable Cause is established at the Preliminary Hearing where a judge will hear enough testimony to decide if there is probable cause to send it to the Grand Jury. At the Grand Jury, only the prosecution gets to present it's evidence, and the GJ decided if there is enough evidence for it to go to trial. I could go to the court this morning and state me and Psychdoctor got in an argument, and he pulled a gun on me. The thing is, I have to be willing to sign on the dotted line it is a sworn statement, and if I'm lying, I am subject to prosecution myself. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 09:29 AM)Housh Wrote: Whoever first reported it did no due diligence

They were just trying to be first

The initial report just said there was a warrant. Isn't that a legal actuality?  People rushing to judgment on either side isn't the fault of a factual report. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 10:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The initial report just said there was a warrant. Isn't that a legal actuality?  People rushing to judgment on either side isn't the fault of a factual report. 

The reports are that there was an actual warrant filed in Ohio's Hamilton County. There was no rush to judgement by ESPN or the innumerable other outlets that reported an actual legal filing. And they all carefully stated "alleged" regarding the charges themselves.

Some posters here may have rushed to judgment, but it seems that many also either used the words alleged or qualifiers such as "if the charges are true." On the other hand, there also are many who are making a rush to judgment that the charges are false, based on Mixon's lawyer's claim that the charges would be dropped. We don't know if what the lawyer is reporting is true or if he/she is trying to get out in front of the developing story. Whether the charges are dropped or not, it certainly appears as if there was an actual court filing and an actual arrest warrant.
Reply/Quote
A leopard never changes its spots (or in this case a Bengal and its stripes).
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 10:33 AM)Nepa Wrote: The reports are that there was an actual warrant filed in Ohio's Hamilton County. There was no rush to judgement by ESPN or the innumerable other outlets that reported an actual legal filing. And they all carefully stated "alleged" regarding the charges themselves.

Some posters here may have rushed to judgment, but it seems that many also either used the words alleged or qualifiers such as "if the charges are true." On the other hand, there also are many who are making a rush to judgment that the charges are false, based on Mixon's lawyer's claim that the charges would be dropped. We don't know if what the lawyer is reporting is true or if he/she is trying to get out in front of the developing story. Whether the charges are dropped or not, it certainly appears as if there was an actual court filing and an actual arrest warrant.

Not to be a Fred but this phrasing from my understanding is false. It was his agent who released the charges would be dropped. 

To me, that means one of two things : A. The charges were false B. It was settled and the victim recended their statement.

Without any evidence to the contrary, this is still a bad image for Mixon with his previous transgressions. I'd still lean towards erring on release (to avoid backlash like Buffalo did with Punt God) or suspension until complete investigation is completed by both parties (Bengals/Mixon).
Reply/Quote
Charges will be dropped today Move along nothing to see
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 10:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I have never had an issue with Mixon the person since he has been a Bengal.

He has been ok since he has been here sure. Is this story patently false as far as if it actually happened or not?That will come out I am sure. But, the dude has a checkered past and I just think at this point it is better to let him go and save the money. Can people change? Sure, but I just think something else will happen with him down the road if not this.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:15 AM)The American Dream Wrote: He has been ok since he has been here sure. Is this story patently false as far as if it actually happened or not?That will come out I am sure. But, the dude has a checkered past and I just think at this point it is better to let him go and save the money. Can people change? Sure, but I just think something else will happen with him down the road if not this.

Don't hold judgement on people before facts are official..

All the knee jerk reactions to Allegations and things are the worst way to react
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 10:33 AM)Nepa Wrote: The reports are that there was an actual warrant filed in Ohio's Hamilton County. There was no rush to judgement by ESPN or the innumerable other outlets that reported an actual legal filing. And they all carefully stated "alleged" regarding the charges themselves.

While "rushing to judgement", in either direction, is wrong and speculative given the lack of details being released on the situation.  The only fact we know right now is that an arrest warrant has been filed.  It also appears that either his attorney or his agent is claiming that the charges will be dropped, which also seems a bit rushed and possibly a pure PR move.  What cannot be denied is that this is the 3rd incident to arise that seriously calls into question the character of a young man in the first 8 years of his adult life.

Given the gravity of that last sentence, I'd say that it's natural for people to start making assumptions.  Eventually the truth will come out, and everyone can have their "I was right and you were wrong" moments.  However, with how hard this organization has worked to move past the "criminal Bengals" narrative that was established during the Marvin Lewis years, I'd say that fans calling for Mixon's release could be justified in those sentiments.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Don't hold judgement on people before facts are official..

All the knee jerk reactions to Allegations and things are the worst way to react

True, we should just do what we did last time by waiting for the video to come out and then not care.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:09 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Not to be a Fred but this phrasing from my understanding is false. It was his agent who released the charges would be dropped. 

To me, that means one of two things : A. The charges were false B. It was settled and the victim recended their statement.

Without any evidence to the contrary, this is still a bad image for Mixon with his previous transgressions. I'd still lean towards erring on release (to avoid backlash like Buffalo did with Punt God) or suspension until complete investigation is completed by both parties (Bengals/Mixon).

Good catch.

Although (your point B) if an arrest warrant indeed was issued, based on a allegation from an alleged victim, I would be skeptical that the victim could just rescind a statement based on a settlement without being charged as providing a false statement. They could say they were mistaken, such as realizing it wasn't Mixon, or the police can say they made a mistake, but changing their testimony because they received money? I can't imagine that would fly. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Don't hold judgement on people before facts are official..

I will be the first to hold my hand up and apologize if this story is false.

Football wise then: Cut him and save the money.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote