Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we just accept..
(09-11-2023, 08:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The idea that Zac Taylor's teams are going to stumble out of the gate each season?  I mean as a fan it is rather annoying to see a so-called championship caliber team's offense playing like they all just met each other for the first time, but they'll improve, right?

I guess so, the weather and Burrow being banged up didn't help, but Zac's teams are just slow out of the gate no doubt about it.

Our Defense played about as well as they could being on the field all game against that OL and the great RB named Chubb.

Our OL and Burrow were just not ready to play and it was obvious. Mixon actually was our best offensive player in my opinion and I 
have been hating on him all offseason. We will see what this team is made of next week, that first game was weird in a lot of ways
and it was a bit of a set up with us starting on the road against the 1 team that gives us the most problems.
Reply/Quote
Spent most of yesterday tearing out the old deck and getting my material list ready. I should have it finished by our regular season opener against the Rams if I skip this coming Sunday's final preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:05 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Imagine if Mike McDaniel had this roster along with Lou as DC.

It makes me so frustrated when I see a genuine offensive genius like Mike McDaniel out there.

Our offense is literally just:

"Joe, go be the most accurate passer on the planet. I'm talking, there's going to be a 2" window, and I need you to nail it. Every time. I could create some plays that will overload certain defenders and give our receivers 3 or 4 yards of separation, but I think it would be much more fun if you just had the thread the needle every play.

And wide receivers, Joe is going to throw you a bunch of passes where a CB is literally hanging off your waist. I'm going to need you to come down with that pass 9 times out of 10. Use just 1 hand if you have to, but I want those low percentage balls caught!

If we don't physically dominate every single match up every single game, we are literally incapable of scoring points, so don't let me down!

I am paid millions of dollars."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It makes me so frustrated when I see a genuine offensive genius like Mike McDaniel out there.

"Joe, go be the most accurate passer on the planet. I'm talking, there's going to be a 2" window, and I need you to nail it. Every time. I could create some plays that will overload certain defenders and give our receivers 3 or 4 yards of separation, but I think it would be much more fun if you just had the thread the needle every play.

And wide receivers, Joe is going to throw you a bunch of passes where a CB is literally hanging off your waist. I'm going to need you to come down with that pass 9 times out of 10. Use just 1 hand if you have to, but I want those low percentage balls caught!

If we don't physically dominate every single match up every single game, we are literally incapable of scoring points, so don't let me down!

It is sad. Makes one remember the good old days when we actually had some of the most innovative offensive minds in the league who did things to scheme the receivers open EVEN THOUGH those same receivers were high end players. It's called making everything easier. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get being rested for the long haul and the safe to prevent injury aspect.  However, I don't think that anyone is asking for them to go out and play a complete game in preseason, or even a full half.  I do think that especially in a pass first offense, where timing and communication are so critical, it is important for the 1st team to at least run a few drives to make sure that things are ready to click in real action.  As for the OL, they look like they could have used at least a couple of entire first halves of work.  Not to take anything away from Cleveland's pass rushers, but both OBJ and Williams looked lost.

I thought OBJ was the only one that looked half way decent.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It makes me so frustrated when I see a genuine offensive genius like Mike McDaniel out there.

To not do pick plays, bunch stacks, motions where you actually throw it to the motion guy, is insane to me.

Putting Chase and Tee on the same side and doing plays based off the issue this will cause the D is something SIMPLE.

How about if you know teams are gonna ALWAYS have over top coverage on Tee and Chase why not go out and get a WR whose only job is the burn the top off the defense?

PLAY ACTION. How bout doing any play action at all?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:04 PM)Housh Wrote: To not do pick plays, bunch stacks, motions where you actually throw it to the motion guy, is insane to me.

Putting Chase and Tee on the same side and doing plays based off the issue this will cause the D is something SIMPLE.

How about if you know teams are gonna ALWAYS have over top coverage on Tee and Chase why not go out and get a WR whose only job is the burn the top off the defense?

Isn't the excuse, er, the reason because the offensive line play has not been good enough to do these kinds of things?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:00 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I thought OBJ was the only one that looked half way decent.

He wasn't quite as bad as Williams, but Garrett abused him pretty good a few times.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He wasn't quite as bad as Williams, but Garrett abused him pretty good a few times.

Garrett abuses everybody. It's what he does

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Garrett abuses everybody. It's what he does

I had the game DVRd, and kinda breezed through it, but I thought Garrett did the most damage from the interior. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 08:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The idea that Zac Taylor's teams are going to stumble out of the gate each season?  I mean as a fan it is rather annoying to see a so-called championship caliber team's offense playing like they all just met each other for the first time, but they'll improve, right?

I guess as long as he has a starting   QB that can't seem to practice in preseason..yes
Reply/Quote

I think so because he rest starters in preseason.  Maybe play starters in preseason?  But the real issue is Burrow missing camp once again.  He was off by quite a large margin, and if Burrow is off, the team will follow.  WTS, I think Bengals smoke Ravens next week.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:04 PM)Housh Wrote: To not do pick plays, bunch stacks, motions where you actually throw it to the motion guy, is insane to me.

The Bengals do incorporate play-action. They had six PA attempts yesterday. Joe had 124 last season, and 145 the season prior. Those are both on the low end of the league. It is something I would like to see more of as well, but they do run it roughly six times per game. Over the past couple of seasons. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:05 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Imagine if Mike McDaniel had this roster along with Lou as DC.

Miami was the most penalized pre snap team in the league last year and McDaniel looked like a toddler with his coaching against the Steelers. I do think he’s a good coach but so is Zac.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
See my signature.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
the problem is not the L, but rather the way we lost.. practically shut out in the 1st half.. and only 3 pts in the 2nd half. mmmmmmmmmmmkay.
Reply/Quote
Enough blame to go round in this game for sure, but as flat as the whole team looked I've got to hang a lot of blame on the coaches.

The Bengals just did not come to play and hopefully it's a big wake up call for them.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Enough blame to go round in this game for sure, but as flat as the whole team looked  I've got to hang a lot of blame on the coaches.

The Bengals just did not come to play and hopefully it's a big wake up call for them.

Incorrect. The offense and special teams did not come to play. The defense did as much as they could given the circumstances they were put in.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:59 AM)J24 Wrote: It's a catch 22; play the starters in the preseason and one of them gets Hurt. People will ***** just as hard if not harder then what happened yesterday.

You're right, hell we saw it here, bitching about Ossai.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 09:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: Incorrect. The offense and special teams did not come to play. The defense did as much as they could given the circumstances they were put in.

Agreed, the defense played well enough to win. 13-3 at the end of the third quarter. They just got gassed in the last frame.

Reply/Quote