Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-21-2023, 09:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The lack of running game is horribly frustrating and negative to the success of the offense. Clearly Zac and Brian have no confidence and need help in run scheme. And they aren’t getting it. But looking at the total picture

What big games has the offense failed them? In the last 2 years?

So Zac is a great coach if someone else is responsible for the running game, blocking scheme, and he is below .500 without Joe Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 09:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Super Bowl ? Seriously? We matched LAR offensively except we dealt with a Super Bowl record 7 sacks. Oh and we averaged more yards per play than LAR despite the 7 sacks. Or the AFC Championship? Well in 2022 we were slightly better on offense than KC. In 2023 KC was slightly better. They kicked a FG as the game ended.

You asked what big games the offense failed them the last couple years. OL is part of the offense.

Aaron Donald and Chris Jones are the reason we don’t have a Lombardi.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 01:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You asked what big games the offense failed them the last couple years. OL is part of the offense.

Aaron Donald and Chris Jones are the reason we don’t have a Lombardi.

Yes I didn’t ask what part of the offense was poor I asked what games did the offense fail them
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 02:00 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yes I didn’t ask what part of the offense was poor I asked what games did the offense fail them

And you were given several examples.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 02:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And you were given several examples.

The ones I were given SB and AFC Championship our offense scored almost as much and did better than our opponent in some areas.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 02:00 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yes I didn’t ask what part of the offense was poor I asked what games did the offense fail them

I would say the offense was poor in the Wild Card game vs the Ravens.  

We had 234 total yards, only 51 rushing.  We were out gained by 100 yards and time of possession by a team with a backup QB.

The offense scored 17 total points, at home, at night, in a playoff game.

Reply/Quote
In the end, it is a team game not a single player game, there at least 5 plays a game that can really change the outcome of a game. The bengals run in the playoffs last two years was a total team effort of good coaching and good play on both sides of the game. It was not because of Burrow or in spite of Zac, it was the ability of this team to make more of those crucial plays to achieve going 5-2 over the past two years.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 09:52 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I would say the offense was poor in the Wild Card game vs the Ravens.  

We had 234 total yards, only 51 rushing.  We were out gained by 100 yards and time of possession by a team with a backup QB.

The offense scored 17 total points, at home, at night, in a playoff game.

For sure. What big game we lost was definitely on the offense

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:50 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: For sure. What big game we lost was definitely on the offense

Are you going to keep asking questions until you get the response you want?  We could have easily lost that Wild Card game, at home, due to the ineptness of the offense. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: In the end, it is a team game not a single player game, there at least 5 plays a game that can really change the outcome of a game. The bengals run in the playoffs last two years was a total team effort of good coaching and good play on both sides of the game.  It was not because of Burrow or in spite of Zac, it was the ability of this team to make more of those crucial plays to achieve going 5-2 over the past two years.

What I find humorous is for years fans expected Palmer and Dalton to be heroes and they got roasted when they weren't. Now the team expects their #1OA $275 million QB to be that hero and fans are mad at em for it. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:06 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: What I find humorous is for years fans expected Palmer and Dalton to be heroes and they got roasted when they weren't. Now the team expects their #1OA $275 million QB to be that hero and fans are mad at em for it. LMAO

I understand what you are saying, that is why i see it more as a team game, i was disappointed especially under Dalton and Green time with the lack of good drafts and selective FAs to move the team, Palmer i felt we had a better offense core around him, i do think this team has put more on offense and defense to give Burrow i better chance to win and it has shown.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:53 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Are you going to keep asking questions until you get the response you want?  We could have easily lost that Wild Card game, at home, due to the ineptness of the offense. 

I responded for sure completely agreeing about that game. It was a legit retort what important gsme had the offense lost?

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 10:05 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let's make the sore point even more painful.  Forget last year's Ravens.  We aren't even this year's Browns.  Cleveland is 6-3 with Deshaun Watson out for the season.  Their backup quarterbacks are two guys I've never heard of who haven't started on a regular basis since middle school.  However, the Turds can run the ball and play great defense; this is how a team wins without a franchise quarterback.

Problem is the Bengals do neither thing well this year.  The run game is an after thought.  If Mixon gets 20 carries a game it's on accident.  The defense is living off turn overs otherwise has been less than stellar this year.   If our OL can block and we can run the ball 30 times a game and take some pressure off Browning, we have a chance to be in 6 of 7 games.  I just don't have confidence in either the running game or defense this year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Most head coaches with great qb’s get “exposed” when their starting qb isn’t playing

I mean look at New England. Bill B hasn’t been the same since Brady left

Sometimes you’ve just gotten too used to your starter too.

On a playcall maybe Burrow can naturally feel those back shoulder throws he loves. So maybe Zac calls plays in a way to encourage those back shoulder throws.

But maybe Browning hates them. So Zac essentially has to change the whole philosophy of the offense in a god damn week. Thats insanely hard to do

If that is what Zac is doing I’d just remind him Jamarr Chase still exists

Like there’s a ton of shit that changes when you switch QB and
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:15 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I understand what you are saying, that is why i see it more as a team game, i was disappointed especially under Dalton and Green time with the lack of good drafts and selective FAs to move the team, Palmer i felt we had a better offense core around him, i do think this team has put more on offense and defense to give Burrow i better chance to win and it has shown.

It's the ultimate team sport....and having a guy that is really smart and really accurate does indeed help the team out more than anything. I just find some takes by fans fascinating. Joe is my favorite player since Boomer, doesn't mean I won't be objective about him. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:57 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It's the ultimate team sport....and having a guy that is really smart and really accurate does indeed help the team out more than anything. I just find some takes by fans fascinating. Joe is my favorite player since Boomer, doesn't mean I won't be objective about him. 

the worry i have is the amount of $$ teams spend on their QBs and what seems like a short window many have before they start making cuts to their roster.. hopefully we will be able to build a solid roster around Burrow at the same time Burrow does need to stay healthy or his contract will be a waste.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:37 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Problem is the Bengals do neither thing well this year.  The run game is an after thought.  If Mixon gets 20 carries a game it's on accident.  The defense is living off turn overs otherwise has been less than stellar this year.   If our OL can block and we can run the ball 30 times a game and take some pressure off Browning, we have a chance to be in 6 of 7 games.  I just don't have confidence in either the running game or defense this year. 

Yet they have a nice amount of money under the salary cap. The FO gave us fans lip service about building a consistent Super Bowl contender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:12 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean look at New England. Bill B hasn’t been the same since Brady left

Sometimes you’ve just gotten too used to your starter too.

On a playcall maybe Burrow can naturally feel those back shoulder throws he loves. So maybe Zac calls plays in a way to encourage those back shoulder throws.

But maybe Browning hates them. So Zac essentially has to change the whole philosophy of the offense in a god damn week. Thats insanely hard to do

If that is what Zac is doing I’d just remind him Jamarr Chase still exists

Like there’s a ton of shit that changes when you switch QB and

Brady as a player is a hard comparison, he is way more elite than any QB. Bill B is a great coach with or without Brady, but Brady put NE in a place no dynasty has been and might be hard for any team to ever do what Brady and NE did .
Reply/Quote
In other news, KC is the worst team in the league in 2nd half scoring. They're averaging 5.3 pts. per game. Has Andy Reid been exposed? LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:12 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean look at New England. Bill B hasn’t been the same since Brady left

Not the same as when he had the best QB in NFL history, but he took a team with a washed Cam Newton who couldn't throw anymore (threw 8 TDs in 15 games) and still went 7-9. Then they got a rookie Mac Jones and went 10-7 with the 6th scoring offense (higher than Joe Burrow's ever had) and the 2nd scoring defense (higher than Lou's ever had).

Definitely went off the rails this year, though. I think Bill's still a great HC, I think his role as GM is the thing that's a bit iffier. Curious to see what he'll do with a top-3 pick (currently 3rd, probably 2nd with Kyler back for Arizona) and the 3rd most cap space in the NFL... assuming he's still there next year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote