Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(12-23-2023, 11:57 PM)Destro Wrote: Think it was like 16 rushes. Three INTS and two turnover on downs. Steelers scored on every series after a pick. Defense was garbage, but people are acting like the defense lost the game when the offense scored 11 points.

The offense had better TOP, more passing yards, and more first downs. The two problems on offense was three absolutely ridiculous interceptions (contrary to some on here, it was just bad quarterbacking, not coaching), and poor offensive line play. 

The defense was hot garbage in its own right. 

I would say the defense lost the game, and Jake Browning made sure they did.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 12:49 AM)Housh Wrote: Browning lost the game in the first quarter

Can’t really see a reason to drag Zac thru the mud too much

Another horrible 4th down call but we’ve already agreed as a board he gets one a game

Can’t do much when your QB is throwing into groups of 4 Steelers instead of
Hitting Irwin who is wide open right at the 1st down marker

Speaking of that.... let's put it into context. On second down, instead of leading Irwin to the sticks, Browning throws it behind Trenton and low. This causes Irwin to slow down, turn away from the line to gain, and gives the defender ample time to close the gap. Should've been a first down with an accurate throw. We move to third and a short one. We give the ball to Mixon. The oline gets shoved back in his lap. We gain inches, should've picked up the first there. Fourth and inches, again, oline shoved around like ragdolls, but Browning manages to get the throw off. It's open for three results....TD, drop, or DPI. We get the DPI, ref swallows his whistle. Turnover on downs when it should've been a first and goal after the PI. 

Sometimes coaching is bad, sometimes players suck. Tonight was the latter. Browning was bad, his line was terrible, and the dline may have been worse than them.

Reply/Quote
Terrible 4th down call, if that is your idea of going for it, might as well take the points there Zac.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 02:21 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Terrible 4th down call, if that is your idea of going for it, might as well take the points there Zac.

I usually like going for it, but even I was begging to take the points there. I'm not sure it would have effected the outcome, but I would've liked a kick there. If you are going to run it, spread the defense out a little with formation so you're not running into a wall.

Reply/Quote
ZT did a nice job with Burrow down, the schedule of games we had to play with Browning was tougher schedule than any 6 games we had in a row this year with Burrow, going 3-3 showed he was not exposed without Browning, what it did show is the same weakness on offense have had over the last few years, not a very good Oline and running game not up to par.
Reply/Quote