Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
Zac gets a stay of execution. (for another week, at least..)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Zac gets a stay of execution.  (for another week, at least..)

Yes sir. Some great coaching last night, he just needs to be more consistent. One thing about Zac's teams lately, later in the season 
they have been very hard to beat and this was with Jake Browning who actually played pretty great last night.

Sucks for the Jaguars though, might of ruined their season with Lawrence getting hurt.
Reply/Quote
Big win for Zac. As players look to be still giving great effort, and after losing Burrow, and dropping 3 in a row, that speaks to "culture".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We beat the team headed for #1 seed in AFC coming into game on Monday night football on the road.

ZT is our head coach and just like any HC, he will never be perfect. He and his staff did a great job offensively, the Boyd trick play should have been a throw away by Boyd and if Boyd does his job, it is a non factor.

ZT coached the game as a must win from the opening snap, was extremely aggressive and while we gave Jax great field position 2X because of his decisions, missed 57 yard field goal hit crossbar and opening drive not making it on 4th down, it set the tone for the team.

It was a hard fought great win in a game Bengals were big underdogs.

Congrats Browning and entire offense coached by ZT on willing us to a win.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir. Some great coaching last night, he just needs to be more consistent. One thing about Zac's teams lately, later in the season 
they have been very hard to beat and this was with Jake Browning who actually played pretty great last night.

Sucks for the Jaguars though, might of ruined their season with Lawrence getting hurt.

I haven't seen any updates on Lawrence injury.  Was it just the ankle, as the knee looked a bit twisted as well?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:54 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Credit where Credit is do, Zac did a good job last night.  Throw out the trick plays, and can we stop running from the shotgun in short yardage situations

Except... the 76-yard play to Chase came on a short-yardage situation, run from the shotgun. With it 3rd and less than 2 (seemed like about 1 1/2), on the Bengals 24-yard line, I'm sure the Jaguars bought into this being a run play, since the Bengals have been running from the shotgun on short yardage. If Browning has been under center, the Jaguars would have known it was a run as soon as Browning dropped back. As it was, he unloaded almost immediately, with the Jaguars stacking the box.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: Except... the 76-yard play to Chase came on a short-yardage situation, run from the shotgun. With it 3rd and less than 2 (seemed like about 1 1/2), on the Bengals 24-yard line, I'm sure the Jaguars bought into this being a run play.

I am talking about RUSHING plays from the shotgun. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:08 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I am talking about RUSHING plays from the shotgun. 

I edited my post to make it clearer the point I was making and why it was relevant.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I haven't seen any updates on Lawrence injury.  Was it just the ankle, as the knee looked a bit twisted as well?

Ankle, and called it a sprain on the idiot box shows I watched after the game. Further testing today, but sounds like it wasn't broken.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ankle, and called it a sprain on the idiot box shows I watched after the game. Further testing today, but sounds like it wasn't broken.

Sounds like they should have him back for the playoffs, if no extensive damage.  That look on his face when he tried to get up was not a pleasant one.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I haven't seen any updates on Lawrence injury.  Was it just the ankle, as the knee looked a bit twisted as well?

Sprained ankle as Wyche here says. Might be back for the Playoffs.

(12-05-2023, 02:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ankle, and called it a sprain on the idiot box shows I watched after the game. Further testing today, but sounds like it wasn't broken.

Yep. Better than it looked thankfully. I like Lawrence and the Jaguars even if their stupid mascot kicked the little tiger lol

(12-05-2023, 03:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounds like they should have him back for the playoffs, if no extensive damage.  That look on his face when he tried to get up was not a pleasant one.

Sure was classy of Trey on that play, tried to help him up and when he went down he knew it wasn't good and took a prayer stance.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounds like they should have him back for the playoffs, if no extensive damage.  That look on his face when he tried to get up was not a pleasant one.

I was really concerned. When I saw Trey take his helmet off and pray, and then the replay, it looked very bad.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was really concerned. When I saw Trey take his helmet off and pray, and then the replay, it looked very bad.

Yeah, I thought it was a torn ACL at the time.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I thought it was a torn ACL at the time.  Mellow

That or a break of the ankle. Looked really bad. If he gets away with just a sprain, he needs to count his blessings.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: That or a break of the ankle. Looked really bad. If he gets away with just a sprain, he needs to count his blessings.

Yeah the LT stepped right on the ankle, it was one of those ugly plays you have to look away from.

Count your blessings Trevor if you only have to miss a couple games with a sprain.
Reply/Quote
This post not holding up at all.. ZT has shown he can coach and win without Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This post not holding up at all.. ZT has shown he can coach and win without Burrow.

I SO wanted to start a new thread today after Browning went on with injury.

"If Browning is out Zac will REALLY be exposed"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I SO wanted to start a new thread today after Browning went on with injury.

Then we'd just have posts about how McCarron is carrying him
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Then we'd just have posts about how McCarron is carrying him

Zac is holding Mccarron back 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I SO wanted to start a new thread today after Browning went on with injury.

Love it
Reply/Quote