Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
I hope this whole staff and Joe included tear up the old offense where we are one dimensional and predictable and embrace the last 2 weeks as our blueprint going forward.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:41 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Some thought Zac would be exposed with Burrow being out for the season. Instead, some were exposed for having absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

As someone who thought they would fail down the stretch. I don't think it's people didn't know what they were talking about I think it was people who didn't have blind faith in the coaching staff. We haven't seen this level of adjustments from them yet. There was always the question of Burrow or staff who is more deserving of credit for our success? I think these past 2 games have shown just how much they put in Burrows lap and perhaps deservedly so. But now that they've made adjustments for Browning and the whole team is getting involved it's great to see and yes the coaches deserve a ton of credit.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 07:56 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I hope this whole staff and Joe included tear up the old offense where we are one dimensional and predictable and embrace the last 2 weeks as our blueprint going forward.

Honestly this was gonna be what my nitpicking was about. I was watching a breakdown before the Jax game and they were saying run it until you figure it out. It wasn't just about the rest of this season but finding a way to be successful going forward. I really hope we are learning for the future here and not just trying to win games now. I think this offense can certainly blend well with Burrows offense. I also hope as smart as Burrow is a light bulb is going off in his head watching from the sidelines.

Side note. What is going on with the screen game? We were terrible at screens it felt like and it's gone off the charts. I know Brown had the score but Mixon has been ripping off chunks consistently as well (started in the Pittsburgh game). Just curious what the magic formula is there? More Play action? Browning having a little better feel/getting the ball to the backs at a better angle. Seriously the only one I think I've seen fail was the Brown one somewhat late in the game yesterday and even that felt like almost could've gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This post not holding up at all.. ZT has shown he can coach and win without Burrow.

Gladly eating crow! 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 07:56 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I hope this whole staff and Joe included tear up the old offense where we are one dimensional and predictable and embrace the last 2 weeks as our blueprint going forward.

Again, it helps to have your Speed back off of IR so you can spell the feature back. And again, neither Jacksonville or Indy are particulary great run stopping teams like Baltimore and Pissburgh. 
Reply/Quote
Turns out Zac knows how to call an offense.

Who knew?
Reply/Quote

It's the same offense.  The difference is that they are running the play called more often then audibling to something else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 08:33 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Honestly this was gonna be what my nitpicking was about. I was watching a breakdown before the Jax game and they were saying run it until you figure it out. It wasn't just about the rest of this season but finding a way to be successful going forward. I really hope we are learning for the future here and not just trying to win games now. I think this offense can certainly blend well with Burrows offense. I also hope as smart as Burrow is a light bulb is going off in his head watching from the sidelines.

Side note. What is going on with the screen game? We were terrible at screens it felt like and it's gone off the charts. I know Brown had the score but Mixon has been ripping off chunks consistently as well (started in the Pittsburgh game). Just curious what the magic formula is there? More Play action? Browning having a little better feel/getting the ball to the backs at a better angle. Seriously the only one I think I've seen fail was the Brown one somewhat late in the game yesterday and even that felt like almost could've gone.

On bengal broadcast before game against Indy, they were talking about how over last couple games, Mixon had like 11 screens his way, vs 6 over the course of 7 or such games, so with his screen and now Brown, really seems to be effective of late
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's the same offense.  The difference is that they are running the play called more often then audibling to something else.

Yes it is and apparently Browning is running the original play call more. Burrow is no dummy as he must see that this same Offense is working without him throwing 75% of the time. Zac said in a recent presser they have 200 some plays in the PB to run.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 12:05 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Damn, he's going hard against Taylor. What that sounds like is that his scheme puts QBs in bad positions. If the QB that you have is just that bad then you have to scheme easy throws and focus on the run game.

Guess not.

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 06:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Guess not.

At least he and the OP have stayed around. Haven't seen "Zo", "stonyhands", or a couple of others since we went on this win streak. Haters/trolls is all they are, and what I told another one on here. He said there were no haters, lol. Lack of participation from them when things are well proves my point.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't think that I didn't have valid complaints about Taylor at the beginning of the year. The offense with Browning is doing better than what they were with Burrow up until the Bye. I don't like how much control they give Burrow for the under center/shotgun plays either. Taylor has definitely had this team going the last few weeks and a big reason why is because he changed the scheme.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 07:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't think that I didn't have valid complaints about Taylor at the beginning of the year. The offense with Browning is doing better than what they were with Burrow up until the Bye. I don't like how much control they give Burrow for the under center/shotgun plays either. Taylor has definitely had this team going the last few weeks and a big reason why is because he changed the scheme.

The first 4 games they were protecting Joe and under center and drops put more strain on his calf. They didn’t want him moving around. After they felt more comfortable they started doing more under center like beating SF and Buffalo. So really if you thought that you were short sighted. Regardless your receipts are there on your criticism on a hell of a lot more than the scheme. Take the loss. The run game could have taken some pressure off Joe early in the season but I get it. Someone told me that they just felt Joe was so accurate that they could be more efficient in screens to the WR. The efficiency numbers which they totally look at were awful in the run game.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 07:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The first 4 games they were protecting Joe and under center and drops put more strain on his calf. They didn’t want him moving around. After they felt more comfortable they started doing more under center like beating SF and Buffalo. So really if you thought that you were short sighted. Regardless your receipts are there on your criticism on a hell of a lot more than the scheme. Take the loss. The run game could have taken some pressure off Joe early in the season but I get it. Someone told me that they just felt Joe was so accurate that they could be more efficient in screens to the WR. The efficiency numbers which they totally look at were awful in the run game.

All my criticism was against the scheme and us under preforming 
Reply/Quote
Interesting that Burrow goes down and not only is ZT not exposed, he pretty much showed what he can do without a very good QB like Burrow, impressive
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 07:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Interesting that Burrow goes down and not only is ZT not exposed, he pretty much showed what he can do without a very good QB like Burrow, impressive

I'm glad to admit I was wrong. I'd rather be happy than right
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 09:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who cares what his record is against one team. His record vs the AFC north is.... 10-18. His record vs the AFC north is prob the most important win/loss record he could have, and he's been god awful.

(11-22-2023, 10:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It depends on how well we play and how many wins we get. If we beat the Colts and the Vikings then, yeah, we honestly beat two teams we should have, even with Browning. If we split with the Steelers on top of that I'll think he's not terrible, but just a mediocre coach that can win with an evenly skilled team as his opponent.

(12-17-2023, 07:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: All my criticism was against the scheme and us under preforming 

Receipts are nice. You’ve never liked the hire. You also said we’d won 5 super bowls if Joe had been the QB not Dalton. You also dismissed that he changed the culture and his likability by the players meh

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 07:50 PM)jason Wrote: I'm glad to admit I was wrong. I'd rather be happy than right

now not sure if we can keep the magic going in Steeler land, their backs are against the wall, and they have had our number more than we have had theirs... with reeder down and maybe Chase will be a tough hill to climb.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 07:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: now not sure if we can keep the magic going in Steeler land, their backs are against the wall, and they have had our number more than we have had theirs... with reeder down and maybe Chase will be a tough hill to climb.
Run Chase Brown to the left a lot and continue to hit our TE's over the middle. That will pull their depleted safety group up, allowing us to hit an occasional big one. The main thing we'll need to do is find Freiermuth a damned babysitter.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Taylor took Marvin's roster and did worse than what Marvin was doing. Taylor is getting carried by Burrow and Co. If Taylor didn't have a QB that was considered the consensus #2 QB in the league with the best receiving units in the league he would be a 2-4 win coach, like he shown that he is.

(10-02-2023, 09:29 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Thats when a coach schemes things to make it work. You guys act like teams can't win with bad QB play or a backup QB. It has a LOT to do with coaching. Yeah, Burrow is limited but a good coach will either scheme something that will work or put a backup in and scheme something with his skill set. If we didn't have such a good weapons I would say there's not much you can do, but good God we have arguably the best offensive weapons in the league with a solid OL. You have to be able scheme something with almost any backup QB in the league 

You called it guess Zac proved he could do just that

(10-03-2023, 05:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah and we've had plenty of good drafts before. We went to the playoffs 5 years in a row with Andy Dalton. If we had Burrow in those years I have no doubt that we would have won multiple SBs.

Yep you love Dalton

Reply/Quote