Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-22-2023, 03:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: In other news, KC is the worst team in the league in 2nd half scoring. They're averaging 5.3 pts. per game. Has Andy Reid been exposed? LOL

I hope we haven't reached a point we are comparing Zac Taylor to Andy Reid.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: What I find humorous is for years fans expected Palmer and Dalton to be heroes and they got roasted when they weren't. Now the team expects their #1OA $275 million QB to be that hero and fans are mad at em for it. LMAO

Maybe we just expect we he is a rookie with a trash oline or is rendered immobile with a bum calf our coaches can have a gameplan to help him. But apparently that's not important. 
Reply/Quote
Interesting dive into efficiency. Lou deservedly gets a lot of credit for the success of the Bengals.

Off points per play
‘22 # 8
‘21 #8
Def points per play allowed rank
‘22 #6
‘21 #11

So averaging the two years offense and defense about even
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 05:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I hope we haven't reached a point we are comparing Zac Taylor to Andy Reid.

Obviously not ....but what is Zac's record against him again? The point of that post was to show that even the best go through lulls, but y'all wanna fire the most successful coach in franchise history if the Bengals have one. Mellow

(11-22-2023, 05:43 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Maybe we just expect we he is a rookie with a trash oline or is rendered immobile with a bum calf our coaches can have a gameplan to help him. But apparently that's not important. 

I mean, most teams with a top flight QB throw the ball. Was Shula an idiot for handing the keys to Marino? So far this season, KC has thrown 61%, and the Bengals 66%. We've been playing from behind a lot. Is Andy not helping Patrick?

In 2020 when KC had a bad line, KC was #5 in pass plays at 63.5%, and we were 13th at 60.5%. You don't draft a guy #1 overall and pay him huge dollars to hand the ball off. 

They did gameplan around his injury. All shotgun, no sneaks, rollouts, etc. You could argue he shouldn't have been on the field, and that's fine, but they did try to protect him. They tried to run until they were behind, but the run game is bad. Be it blocking or the RBs, it hasn't worked much. It hasn't for many years. That reaks of a FO problem, because it was the same under Marvin for a while. It even got lifer PA fired.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 06:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Obviously not ....but what is Zac's record against him again? The point of that post was to show that even the best go through lulls, but y'all wanna fire the most successful coach in franchise history if the Bengals have one. Mellow

I mean, most teams with a top flight QB throw the ball. Was Shula an idiot for handing the keys to Marino? So far this season, KC has thrown 61%, and the Bengals 66%. We've been playing from behind a lot. Is Andy not helping Patrick?

In 2020 when KC had a bad line, KC was #5 in pass plays at 63.5%, and we were 13th at 60.5%. You don't draft a guy #1 overall and pay him huge dollars to hand the ball off. 

They did gameplan around his injury. All shotgun, no sneaks, rollouts, etc. You could argue he shouldn't have been on the field, and that's fine, but they did try to protect him. They tried to run until they were behind, but the run game is bad. Be it blocking or the RBs, it hasn't worked much. It hasn't for many years. That reaks of a FO problem, because it was the same under Marvin for a while. It even got lifer PA fired.

I'm not sure anyone is saying fire him. Might be where the disconnect is all I'm saying or hearing is get an OC to call the plays. 

The problem is Taylor has never focused on the run so it becomes a question of if he can. I also don't mean to be rude but do you watch this team? Sorry to ask but if you think using all shotguns was an adjustment I have to ask.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 08:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not sure anyone is saying fire him. Might be where the disconnect is all I'm saying or hearing is get an OC to call the plays. 

The problem is Taylor has never focused on the run so it becomes a question of if he can. I also don't mean to be rude but do you watch this team? Sorry to ask but if you think using all shotguns was an adjustment I have to ask.

Zac has never focused on the run because it’s never successful and he has more confidence in Joe. The constant is Pollack. But again their efficiency in ‘21 & ‘22 was both years #8 in points per play. 24 teams worse.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 06:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Obviously not ....but what is Zac's record against him again? The point of that post was to show that even the best go through lulls, but y'all wanna fire the most successful coach in franchise history if the Bengals have one. Mellow

Who cares what his record is against one team. His record vs the AFC north is.... 10-18. His record vs the AFC north is prob the most important win/loss record he could have, and he's been god awful.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 09:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who cares what his record is against one team. His record vs the AFC north is.... 10-18. His record vs the AFC north is prob the most important win/loss record he could have, and he's been god awful.

Duh! Where ya been? And won 2 straight AFC North titles. And he’s 6-2 vs SF Bills & KC the last 2 years so he’s rolling

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 09:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who cares what his record is against one team. His record vs the AFC north is.... 10-18. His record vs the AFC north is prob the most important win/loss record he could have, and he's been god awful.

Bullshit. Yes, he may be 10-18 but your counting the games he was rebuilding this team. Let's skew the numbers why don't we? If you take the last 2 years, we won the AFCN twice and 8-5 in the division with sweeps of both Pissburgh and Ratbirds in 2021. He has this team heading in the right direction. Which goes to say, if he goes over 500 with Browning, is he a good coach or bad coach? 
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bullshit. Yes, he may be 10-18 but your counting the games he was rebuilding this team. Let's skew the numbers why don't we? If you take the last 2 years, we won the AFCN twice and 8-5 in the division with sweeps of both Pissburgh and Ratbirds in 2021. He has this team heading in the right direction. Which goes to say, if he goes over 500 with Browning, is he a good coach or bad coach? 

He's 8-8 since 2021 in the division. He's 8-12 with Burrow starting at QB. Two of the wins vs Baltimore in 2022 were against a backup QB. The Steelers and Browns haven't even had a QB basically in that time period too. In 2021 when we swept the Ravens Lamar was out in the 2nd game as well. Hell, Lamar is 8-1 vs the Bengals as a starter in his career, and the one loss he's had was in 2021 LOL. Taylor has been beat down by the Browns and the Ravens with Lamar almost every single year, and the Steelers are just in QB purgatory right now.

And for the record I would be VERY VERY VERY surprised if he wins more than 1 game with Browning.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He's 8-8 since 2021 in the division. He's 8-12 with Burrow starting at QB. Two of the wins vs Baltimore in 2022 were against a backup QB. The Steelers and Browns haven't even had a QB basically in that time period too. In 2021 when we swept the Ravens Lamar was out in the 2nd game as well. Hell, Lamar is 8-1 vs the Bengals as a starter in his career, and the one loss he's had was in 2021 LOL. Taylor has been beat down by the Browns and the Ravens with Lamar almost every single year, and the Steelers are just in QB purgatory right now.

And for the record I would be VERY VERY VERY surprised if he wins more than 1 game with Browning.

So what if he does?

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: So what if he does?

It depends on how well we play and how many wins we get. If we beat the Colts and the Vikings then, yeah, we honestly beat two teams we should have, even with Browning. If we split with the Steelers on top of that I'll think he's not terrible, but just a mediocre coach that can win with an evenly skilled team as his opponent.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It depends on how well we play and how many wins we get. If we beat the Colts and the Vikings then, yeah, we honestly beat two teams we should have, even with Browning. If we split with the Steelers on top of that I'll think he's not terrible, but just a mediocre coach that can win with an evenly skilled team as his opponent.

Too funny

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Too funny

And what's not true about what I said?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: And what's not true about what I said?

It depends on how well we play and how many wins we get. If we beat the Colts and the Vikings then, yeah, we honestly beat two teams we should have, even with Browning. If we split with the Steelers on top of that I'll think he's not terrible, but just a mediocre coach that can win with an evenly skilled team as his opponent.

He’s 6-2 vs KC, Bills, & SF and 5-2 in the playoffs and 3-1 vs Mahomes/Reid. You think they don’t have equal talent? And you won’t think he’s a terrible coach if he does all that. Sorry that’s infantile thinking

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It depends on how well we play and how many wins we get. If we beat the Colts and the Vikings then, yeah, we honestly beat two teams we should have, even with Browning. If we split with the Steelers on top of that I'll think he's not terrible, but just a mediocre coach that can win with an evenly skilled team as his opponent.

He’s 6-2 vs KC, Bills, & SF and 5-2 in the playoffs and 3-1 vs Mahomes/Reid. You think they don’t have equal talent? And you won’t think he’s a terrible coach if he does all that. Sorry that’s infantile thinking

Lets see what he can do without Burrow carrying him kicking and screaming with his terrible schemes and playcalling. So far without Burrow he's looked like a high school coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 12:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lets see what he can do without Burrow carrying him kicking and screaming with his terrible schemes and playcalling. So far without Burrow he's looked like a high school coach.

You don’t go 5-2 in the playoffs and 6-2 against those teams without having a lot of influence on the outcome of those games. You must be the one in high school I’ve decided

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 09:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d need to see the injury situation. But if we’ve got decent health realizing all teams can be missing a few players I’d say 0 wins is an issue. 1 win okay 2 good job and 3 win’s excellent. That’s if we are underdogs all games. Personally I think the issue is Pollack. He’s not helping in the scheming. We’ve bolstered the line and the protection better but the run game sucks and it shouldn’t. Needed it bad when Joe was unhealthy early and more so now.

Pollack: “What do you think about only using shotgun less than 70% of the time?”
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 12:25 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You don’t go 5-2 in the playoffs and 6-2 against those teams without having a lot of influence on the outcome of those games. You must be the one in high school I’ve decided

How many games do you think Taylor is going to win w/o Burrow? I'll make you a sig bet with you that he doesn't win more than 2 games the rest of the year.

These are the KILLER QBs we'll have to face the rest of the year.

Pickett x2
Lawrence
Richardson (or Minshew)
Dobbs
Mahommes
Thompson-Robinson (or Flacco)

Obviously titans of the game. With that list of QBs we should EASILY win more than 2 games if Taylor was a good HC.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 05:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I hope we haven't reached a point we are comparing Zac Taylor to Andy Reid.

The only person you're allowed to compare to Andy Reid is Wilford Brimley.
Reply/Quote