Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(09-25-2023, 10:14 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lamar is 7-2 vs the Bengals too.

It seems like every year at least one backup QB beats him for us, too. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 09:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You mean like Sean Peyton, who everyone was clamoring to bring here??? 

I so laugh at those that clamored for him. Geez win an AFC title since forever ago and make it back again and barely lose. Beat the best NFL team 3-4. Lose the opener and barely the second game to a good Ravens team and now Taylor is Shula.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 11:15 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I so laugh at those that clamored for him. Geez win an AFC title since forever ago and make it back again and barely lose. Beat the best NFL team 3-4. Lose the opener and barely the second game to a good Ravens team and now Taylor is Shula.

I don't think anyone is saying Taylor is trash. I think they're saying he's a bad playcaller/OC. I think that, generally he's regarded as atleast an above average+ Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 08:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because it's hard to give those accomplishments to Zac when he won 6 games in two years before he got Burrow/Chase/Higgins to carry him. Plus he's always been an "offensive focused" coach and the offense has never looked close to what it could potentially be with legit a top 2-3 QB and best weapons in the league. It's hard to not look at Taylor when he has a better roster than the Chiefs and hasn't been as successful. 

It is terrible that Zac didn't go to the Superbowl his first two years as an HC, while he was completely turning over the roster and building a new culture. The dude is such a bad HC that it took him until year 3 to get to the Superbowl.

Two things can be true>
1. At this point in their HC careers Andy Reid is a better HC than Zac Taylor
2. Zac Taylor is a successful you HC how has built the only team to compete with the current NFL dynasty

Just like these 2 things can be true:

1. At this point in their NFL Careers Pat Mahomes is a better and more durable QB than Joe Burrow
2. Joe Burrow is an elite, young NFL QB

Remember when Joe Burrow was asked how long is the Super Bowl window and his answer was 'The window is my whole career"?

Many around here think the window is 2 games into one season. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 11:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is terrible that Zac didn't go to the Superbowl his first two years as an HC, while he was completely turning over the roster and building a new culture. The dude is such a bad HC that it took him until year 3 to get to the Superbowl.

Two things can be true>
1. At this point in their HC careers Andy Reid is a better HC than Zac Taylor
2. Zac Taylor is a successful you HC how has built the only team to compete with the current NFL dynasty

Just like these 2 things can be true:

1. At this point in their NFL Careers Pat Mahomes is a better and more durable QB than Joe Burrow
2. Joe Burrow is an elite, young NFL QB

Remember when Joe Burrow was asked how long is the Super Bowl window and his answer was 'The window is my whole career"?

Many around here think the window is 2 games into one season. 

Taylor took Marvin's roster and did worse than what Marvin was doing. Taylor is getting carried by Burrow and Co. If Taylor didn't have a QB that was considered the consensus #2 QB in the league with the best receiving units in the league he would be a 2-4 win coach, like he shown that he is.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Taylor took Marvin's roster and did worse than what Marvin was doing. Taylor is getting carried by Burrow and Co. If Taylor didn't have a QB that was considered the consensus #2 QB in the league with the best receiving units in the league he would be a 2-4 win coach, like he shown that he is.

We really trying to say Marvin was better? Oh my! What a cess pool. This fan base really is fractured even after a coach brings them the best success in a quarter century
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We really trying to say Marvin was better? Oh my! What a cess pool. This fan base really is fractured even after a coach brings them the best success in a quarter century

It's nothing new....the way they treat Zac now, is the way they treated Andy Dalton. Now the script is flipped, and everyone loves the QB, so someone has to be the scapegoat. Zac it is. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I posted this in another thread but thought it could belong here as well. Contracry to what many of you think, the Bengals actually do have some good play calls/design at times.

Traditional motion is a man/zone tell.

The Bengals used motion last week at times the way that Miami does. They actually had some good play designs at times, but no one wants to give them credit.

The first one below is a play that they reversed what they did against Cleveland in week 1 (gave the ball to Chase). Instead they faked to chase and went to Mixon for a chunk play. They were banking on the Ravens watching the week 1 tape, saw Chase in the backfield, and counted on the ball going to him.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

This is another play where they use Irv in pre snap motion. First to tell man/zone, then use him in full sprint motion up until the ball is snapped to give him a head start and advantage against his defender to pick up the first: