Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-23-2023, 05:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Thank God Lamar is injury prone otherwise we probably don't win one AFCN title under Zac. Lamar has only lost to Zac one time in his career. 

I’ll play Lamar Jackson playoff record 1-4 Joe Butrow 5-2 . Bill Belicheck under .500 w/o Tom Brady. Jimmy Johnson minus Troy Aikman no conference or SB titles. It’s a long list.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 05:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ll play Lamar Jackson playoff record 1-4 Joe Butrow 5-2 . Bill Belicheck under .500 w/o Tom Brady. Jimmy Johnson minus Troy Aikman no conference or SB titles. It’s a long list.

What is Taylor's record w/o Burrow? Like 2-20?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 04:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: They did win with Ryan Finley on MNF against Pitt. Surely Browning is better than that.

To me that was Zac Taylor's most impressive win. I remember expecting to turn a blowout off at halftime and go to bed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 06:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What is Taylor's record w/o Burrow? Like 2-20?

Here you go. 8 million 5 more years means you are gonna be miserable.
https://www.thebrownsboard.com/forum/2-the-browns-board/
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 04:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t have confidence in Browning. And don’t subscribe to their strategy on a backup. Bill Belicheck will tell you and Nick Saban at the Dolphins will tell you about life w/o good quarterbacking. Nor am I evaluating Zac on these next 7 games. I don’t give 2 ___ about anything but the playoffs and titles. He’s trail blazed there.

Bill Belicheck got Matt Cassil or whatever that scrub's name was paid... Also made people think Jimmy Garopolo could play. The playoffs are still in reach, but they've gotta win games to make that happen. Surely "best in the business" in Joe Burrow's mind can win some games with a backup.... Fun fact; Burrow also once said Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the best player he ever played with. Almost like he just says nice things about people.

As much as you believe in the guy... You don't think he can win 3 games this season?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 06:58 PM)jason Wrote: Bill Belicheck got Matt Cassil or whatever that scrub's name was paid... Also made people think Jimmy Garopolo could play. The playoffs are still in reach, but they've gotta win games to make that happen. Surely "best in the business" in Joe Burrow's mind can win some games with a backup.... Fun fact; Burrow also once said Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the best player he ever played with. Almost like he just says nice things about people.

As much as you believe in the guy... You don't think he can win 3 games this season?

Browning has zero NFL experience outside a week ago. On top of that he’s not reallly played a ton in live action for quite a few years. So no I don’t have much confidence. If our run game was better maybe. Doesn’t change my feeling for Zac. He’s proved his value a ton.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 06:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Here you go. 8 million 5 more years means you are gonna be miserable.
https://www.thebrownsboard.com/forum/2-the-browns-board/

Sorry I'm a Bengals fan and not a Zac Taylor fan, unlike you. I'm wanting what's best for the Bengals and that is the very least Taylor having very little to do with the play calling. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 07:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Browning has zero NFL experience outside a week ago. On top of that he’s not reallly played a ton in live action for quite a few years. So no I don’t have much confidence. If our run game was better maybe. Doesn’t change my feeling for Zac. He’s proved his value a ton.

Zac is the one who was OK with Browning while knowing Burrow was hurt at the start of training camp. No excuses for not pounding the table for a backup vet QB. Stop making excuses for Zac. If he loses out then that's on him being complacent with Browning as a backup. I would give him more leeway of Burrow wasn't hurt the 2nd day of training camp.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 07:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Zac is the one who was OK with Browning while knowing Burrow was hurt at the start of training camp. No excuses for not pounding the table for a backup vet QB. Stop making excuses for Zac. If he loses out then that's on him being complacent with Browning as a backup. I would give him more leeway of Burrow wasn't hurt the 2nd day of training camp.

I’m not … reading comprehension a must. Said I did not agree with their decisions on backups earlier.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 07:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m not … reading comprehension a must. Said I did not agree with their decisions on backups earlier.

So then if we lose out then it's Zacs fault? He was ok with Browning at QB
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 08:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So then if we lose out then it's Zacs fault? He was ok with Browning at QB

Ultimately Zac gets the blame for all losses and credit for all wins. And if Browning does poor with Joe’s injury history they’d better have a better backup next year.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 08:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Ultimately Zac gets the blame for all losses and credit for all wins. And if Browning does poor with Joe’s injury history they’d better have a better backup next year.

He better step it up then, because the two years we had a winning record could just be "lightning in a bottle". Considering he only won 6 games his first two years and 5+ this year. That's 3 season with a grand total of 11+ wins all combined. That's pretty bad. Going 11-37-1 (23.4 winning %) outside of 2 seasons is not a good look. Hell, maybe he can bring it up to 13-35-1 (27.5 winning %) if he wins a couple games this year, but Zacs biggest fan doesn't even wanna make a bet that he'll win more than 2 games the rest of the year, so it's not looking too good.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 02:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: What if the OL coach could generate success?

You’re the one who wrote Pollack doesn’t help with the scheme. But, Pollack doesn’t decide to pass the ball a league high and run the ball a league low. Pollack doesn’t decide to use shotgun 70% of the time. Pollack doesn’t decide to sign free agents that don’t fit the scheme and then has to change the scheme to fit the players. You also incorrectly claimed Pollack has remained the same, but actually the Oline coach changed while the OC and HC remained the same.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You’re the one who wrote Pollack doesn’t help with the scheme. But, Pollack doesn’t to pass the ball a league high and run the ball a league low. Pollack doesn’t decide to use shotgun 70% of the time. Pollack doesn’t decide to sign free agents that don’t fit the scheme and then has to change the scheme to fit the players. You also incorrectly claimed Pollack has remained the same, but actually the Oline coach changed while the OC and HC remained the same.

Negatory

Reply/Quote
My hope is Zac does well and disappoints many on here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My hope is Zac does well and disappoints many on here.

Yep, I hope he does too. Just like I'm sure you hoped Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis did well. Did it happen? Nope. Did you want a change from those two? Yes. I don't see a difference here.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 08:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He better step it up then, because the two years we had a winning record could just be "lightning in a bottle". Considering he only won 6 games his first two years and 5+ this year. That's 3 season with a grand total of 11+ wins all combined. That's pretty bad. Going 11-37-1 (23.4 winning %) outside of 2 seasons is not a good look. Hell, maybe he can bring it up to 13-35-1 (27.5 winning %) if he wins a couple games this year, but Zacs biggest fan doesn't even wanna make a bet that he'll win more than 2 games the rest of the year, so it's not looking too good.

He’s tracking ahead with great company except the playoffs he got there first.

Tom Landry 4-20-2
Bill Walsh 8-20
Bill Parcells 3-12-1

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:07 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Negatory

(11-22-2023, 08:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac has never focused on the run because it’s never successful and he has more confidence in Joe. The constant is Pollack. But again their efficiency in ‘21 & ‘22 was both years #8 in points per play. 24 teams worse.

There it is in black and white. “The constant is Pollack.” Except the constant has been the OC and HC, not Pollack.

And the Dolphins were last in the NFL in rushing attempts when Zac was the OC there. It’s not just specific to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s tracking ahead with great company except the playoffs he got there first.

Tom Landry 4-20-2
Bill Walsh 8-20
Bill Parcells 3-12-1

Yeah and if he loses out he's right there with Hue Jackson too.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah and if he loses out he's right there with Hue Jackson too.

With his playoff record and AFC title ? You’re drunk

Reply/Quote