Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
(11-20-2023, 12:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I do not think for a second that the coaches or team will tank or throw in the towel.  Many of us, at least me, are referring to the mindset of the fanbase.  I'm not going to be as critical and frustrated over losses moving forward as they could end up being positive in the long run.

I absolutely disagree with the free agency take and believe the exact opposite.  Professional players comprehend this situation much better than us, they understand that we are dead in the water, they know we are different team with Burrow.  Why would they NOT want to come with better draft picks and easier schedule to the Super Bowl?

Also, every single one of our good free agents that left went to crap teams this year.

Becsause most professional athletes are looking at their own production as a way to sell themselves during their next contract negotiation. Does anyone really beleive for a second a player is going to go out there and play like crap on purpose when they know everything they do is taped and will be looked at when contracts roll around. And, that goes for coaches as well. The only people, and I mean the only people who beleive in tanking on purpose is the fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 12:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Becsause most professional athletes are looking at their own production as a way to sell themselves during their next contract negotiation. Does anyone really beleive for a second a player is going to go out there and play like crap on purpose when they know everything they do is taped and will be looked at when contracts roll around. And, that goes for coaches as well. The only people, and I mean the only people who beleive in tanking on purpose is the fan.

Owners and front offices have embraced tanking in professional sports. I do agree, it doesn't even enter the thoughts of coaches and players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 01:18 AM)Synric Wrote: Watching Samaje Perine check release go 4 for 40 yards  then pick up the DB Blitz on the Sutton TD in the 2 minute drill to put the Broncos up on the Vikings by 1 with a minute left is ugh.

Yeah, miss that guy and last night was a prime example late in that game of the reasons why...

(11-20-2023, 01:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We won the AFCN 2 years in a row and went to the SB and AFCCG.  The Browns winning the AFCN and getting beat in the 1st Rd is such a Browns thing.

Yeah, let them have their moment in the sun. Won't last long. I do like DTR as a human being though, nice seeing him do well
and beating those stealer bastids. I think if there is a game we win it might be next Sunday against them sad sacks.

(11-20-2023, 02:26 AM)Stewy Wrote: You don't have to worry about that.  Players and coaches play to win.

The HC and maybe the FO might collude to tank, but no one under them will be in on it.

What you will likely see is players going on IR for injuries, that otherwise they might try to work through.  Or perhaps rookies, 2nd stringers getting opportunities they might not otherwise get during a fight for a playoff spot.  Like Nick Scott getting benched or one of theo ther RBs getting opportunities, etc.  While this isn;t tanking per se, you are likely to see things you wouldn't otherwise with Burrow holding the clipboard.

Yep, not up to us. Cannot ever root for us to lose especially against the stealers but we will play hard and won't intentionally tank.

It is not a bad thing if we lose out though, there are some crazy good talents in the top 10 if we do lose out. Brock Bowers or Rome
Odunze in stripes? Sign me up.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 12:21 PM)Nepa Wrote: I want the Bengals to win, but Vonn Bell went to the Carolina Panthers, who have only 1 win this season. Why such a lousy team as the Panthers wanted to pay so much guaranteed money to Vonn Bell is another question. Did they think they would be competitive?

This always comes up in free agency discussion.

Good teams don't splurge (usually) while they're good because they have to spend on the (mostly drafted) players who made them good.

Teams that are bad have more money to spend, and they have to spend it somewhere.

Good drafting stops this cycle. That said, I guarantee that any current good team will most definitely splurge in FA if they have some rough drafts and fall on hard times.

The Falcons were in a Super Bowl themselves, not too long ago.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I figure that the longer it takes for Jake to be elected to the presidency of the former backup quarterbacks association the better the odds of winning are..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Another step closer to that top 10 pick....

Guys a healthy Joe Burrow gives us a shot at a SB every year. A lost season with Burrow at the helm is a chance to reload. Any of you suckers that aren't willing to jump on the tank train at this point are suckers.

<3
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:33 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Another step closer to that top 10 pick....

Guys a healthy Joe Burrow gives us a shot at a SB every year. A lost season with Burrow at the helm is a chance to reload. Any of you suckers that aren't willing to jump on the tank train at this point are suckers.

<3

Overall yes but I can’t do it during a game unless it’s against Miami and it means we get Burrow.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:33 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Another step closer to that top 10 pick....

Guys a healthy Joe Burrow gives us a shot at a SB every year.  A lost season with Burrow at the helm is a chance to reload. Any of you suckers that aren't willing to jump on the tank train at this point are suckers.

<3

I wanted to IR Burrow in week 1, pal.  Additionally, there may come a day when we need to win without Burrow for a game or two to keep the SB express on the tracks.  Now might be a decent time for ZT to practice putting an NFL caliber team on the field sans Burrow, just in case.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 02:13 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I don’t know who needs to hear this.

But an earlier draft pick isn’t going to replace our anticipated losses in this FA.

It doesn’t matter, because those impending free agents are not going to help this team win anything meaningful this year, so logically there is no reason to do anything BUT tank.

And Jake Browning was so fabulously awful. A Rembrandt of ineptitude.

We’ve missed our window. This was the last opportunity. This team will be completely different next season.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Going into today's game vs the Steelers we were predicted to be picking 17th in the NFL draft.

Those ahead of us:

16. Broncos
15. Colts
14. Raiders
13. Rams
12. Chargers
11. Jets
10. Bucs
9. Packers
8. Falcons
7. Washington
6. Titans
5. Giants
4. Bears
3. Patriots
2. Cards
1. Panthers

This week thus far:
Packers won
Colts won
Falcons won

Broncos are leading the Browns.... (no jinx)

Reply/Quote
We have so many holes to fill it’s starting to worry me.

OL
RB
TE
IDL
WRx2?

Burrow and Chase can’t win it on their own I’m all for tanking and getting high picks tag and trade Tee and get the 33rd overall too while we are at it the team needs a reboot.
Reply/Quote

<3

A healthy Joe Burrow gives us a shot at a Super Bowl every year. Wow.

I actually wish my upstairs was this eternally sunlit. It has to be liberating.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It doesn’t matter, because those impending free agents are not going to help this team win anything meaningful this year, so logically there is no reason to do anything BUT tank.

And Jake Browning was so fabulously awful. A Rembrandt of ineptitude.

We’ve missed our window. This was the last opportunity. This team will be completely different next season.

We have a backup QB who had 0 NFL experience at the age of 27 and who is making the league minimum and a HC who has a really hard time winning without Burrow, so this team is damn near designed to go "Burrow or bust."  We lucked out in the sense that we've never faced a game where Burrow is out and the season has any glimmer of promise left, because Burrow is considerate enough to get hurt really badly when he does go down.
Reply/Quote

Guys a healthy Joe Burrow gives us a shot at a SB every year.  A lost season with Burrow at the helm is a chance to reload. Any of you suckers that aren't willing to jump on the tank train at this point are suckers.

<3

Funny Browning QB rating was about Burrow avg. This year
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny Browning QB rating was about Burrow avg. This year

Your incessant Burrow bashing is tiresome and unintelligent. 

Im sure some stupid people cant see the difference in Jake and Joe, but trust me, it is vast. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:41 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: We have so many holes to fill it’s starting to worry me.

OL
RB
TE
IDL
WRx2?

Burrow and Chase can’t win it on their own I’m all for tanking and getting high picks tag and trade Tee and get the 33rd overall too while we are at it the team needs a reboot.

What team will trade #33 in a draft filled with WRs for Tee on a tagged deal?

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We have a backup QB who had 0 NFL experience at the age of 27 and who is making the league minimum and a HC who has a really hard time winning without Burrow, so this team is damn near designed to go "Burrow or bust."  We lucked out in the sense that we've never faced a game where Burrow is out and the season has any glimmer of promise left, because Burrow is considerate enough to get hurt really badly when he does go down.

I agree with everything but the last bit. We needed that calf injury to be more significant.

I would like to know why so many Bengal fans completely accept the fact that our HC/OC is a complete bag of vegetable lasagna without the best QB the franchise has ever had.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What team will trade #33 in a draft filled with WRs for Tee on a tagged deal?

The same team that were trying to do it at the trade deadline.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Going into today's game vs the Steelers we were predicted to be picking 17th in the NFL draft.

Those ahead of us:

16. Broncos
15. Colts
14. Raiders
13. Rams
12. Chargers
11. Jets
10. Bucs
9. Packers
8. Falcons
7. Washington
6. Titans
5. Giants
4. Bears
3. Patriots
2. Cards
1. Panthers

This week thus far:
Packers won
Colts won
Falcons won

Broncos are leading the Browns.... (no jinx)

and a good number of these teams will narrow their focus to drafting a QB.
Reply/Quote
Well we're off to a good start. And next is Jags at their place Monday night so it will be two in a row.
Reply/Quote