Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
(11-26-2023, 07:00 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'm not sure I want us to lose out... I don't think it's a positive going into week 1 next year, and trying to snap a 9 game losing streak.

But obviously I don't want us to tank draft position either, and end up with a far higher pick than is helpful.

Either way, I think today's loss will have moved those who 'hadn't given up the playoffs', to thinking about the draft party instead.

Want to or don't want to. Where not facing a worse offense than the Steelers and when we face them again it will be in Pittsburgh. Our offense is obviously gonna have its limitations. Hopefully we can get some young guys some reps on offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It's true that we have sucked at drafting at times, all teams do, and we may be the worst.  However, facts are facts - the higher the player drafted the better player's career in the league.  Win one more in 2019 we dont have Burrow, win one more in 2020 we dont have Chase.

Winning a couple senseless games now only costs us several key players in the draft.  

What good is winning a couple empty games for your emotions when it could cost us a Logan Wilson?  The draft isnt just the 1st Round.

I would rather have Fools Gold than no gold.  I do not need temporary satisfaction a couple times the next few weeks, we will add 9 players in April that will be here for the next 4 years and some will hopefully make great impacts.

Well I mean we had to watch the Steelers' #30 pick in 2017 play today while the guy we took at #9 didn't.  Eventually this franchise is going to have to find a way to pick guys in the same places good franchises do, because I don't think Burrow can keep getting hurt enough to stay off the field so we can stink our way into better picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 10:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well I mean we had to watch the Steelers' #30 pick in 2017 play today while the guy we took at #9 didn't.  Eventually this franchise is going to have to find a way to pick guys in the same places good franchises do, because I don't think Burrow can keep getting hurt enough to stay off the field so we can stink our way into better picks.

Sure, we must do better.  The Steelers have had their failures as well - Bush and Claypool most recently.  But the fact remains the higher the pick the better the chances a player contributes.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 10:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Sure, we must do better.  The Steelers have had their failures as well - Bush and Claypool most recently.  But the fact remains the higher the pick the better the chances a player contributes.

Ok ok we lost our way to Burrow and then lost our way to Chase.  Once we get this guy we lost our way to can we please just stop losing?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 10:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok ok we lost our way to Burrow and then lost our way to Chase.  Once we get this guy we lost our way to can we please just stop losing?

We went to the SB and AFCCG, back-to-back... can we stop with the fragility?  We have a shitty injured season upon us, we can bounce back.

Reply/Quote
[Image: bec5056d27f4a94efb3c4baeea5ddb9a.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 11:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We went to the SB and AFCCG, back-to-back... can we stop with the fragility?  We have a shitty injured season upon us, we can bounce back.

All im saying is that this "new dey" culture change stuff is a bit gilded since everything goes right out the window without Burrow. 

I think the day come where Burrow misses 1 or 2 games and we need to learn to believe we have a shot in hell without him. 

But yea we can lose out.  It'll be kind of funny if ZT makes it to what 4-30-1 without Burrow?

This franchise is only as resilient as Burrow is. Here is hoping hes ready for 2024. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 11:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All im saying is that this "new dey" culture change stuff is a bit gilded since everything goes right out the window without Burrow. 

I think the day come where Burrow misses 1 or 2 games and we need to learn to believe we have a shot in hell without him. 

But yea we can lose out.  It'll be kind of funny if ZT makes it to what 4-30-1 without Burrow?

This franchise is only as resilient as Burrow is. Here is hoping hes ready for 2024. 

You are not wrong and thus I do not disagree.  But we are currently constructed and coached in this manner.   Im hoping for good experience to be gained by the young guys and the returning vets to stay healthy for a solid 2024.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 11:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All im saying is that this "new dey" culture change stuff is a bit gilded since everything goes right out the window without Burrow. 

What I have been saying. People claiming how Zac changed the culture here, yet sucked enough to get Burrow, who had the garbage O-line that led to the knee deconstruction. So, bad enough to draft Chase. Magically, they start to win. Burrow is injured, they stink it up. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
From 5-5, even with Burrow...probably weren't making the playoffs. The defense gives up too many big plays and the schedule is rough.
Reply/Quote
If we lose out we may have a top 5 draft pick. Problem is, what do we use it on? We need help on the OL and DL both. Will also need to draft a WR or TE at some point.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 01:21 AM)tBengal Wrote: If we lose out we may have a top 5 draft pick. Problem is, what do we use it on? We need help on the OL and DL both. Will also need to draft a WR or TE at some point.

I doubt they end up top 5. There are currently 10 teams with 4 wins or less.

Having lots of needs makes it easier to go BPA though. You’ll get the same crowd screaming OL, but if someone like Jer'Zhan Newton is there when they pick he’d probably be a lot people’s choice.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 01:21 AM)tBengal Wrote: If we lose out we may have a top 5 draft pick. Problem is, what do we use it on? We need help on the OL and DL both. Will also need to draft a WR or TE at some point.

We may have dropped to #15 after this weekend, very likely we wont see Top 5.  

It is a good draft for oline and WR.  Dline is always thin.

Reply/Quote
Going to be some growing pains as Battle, Turner and Murphy get some more playing time. I think Battle and Turner have shown a lot of promise, but they are still going to have their share of mistakes. I also think it will pay dividends next year.

Look, sometimes you are the dog and sometimes you are the hydrant. We've been the dog the past two years and now, hopefully temporarily, we are the hydrant.
Reply/Quote
I see a first round draft pick getting elevated from the college free agent ranks in our future..It wouldn't be the first time though..Somewhere out there is a man with the nickname of "giggles" giggling.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 11:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You are not wrong and thus I do not disagree.  But we are currently constructed and coached in this manner.   Im hoping for good experience to be gained by the young guys and the returning vets to stay healthy for a solid 2024.

I'm hoping too but I'm tired of hoping with this organization. I want them to transform to an elite franchise that is known for winning a lot of Super Bowls like the Steelers, Cowboys, or Broncos.

Who Dey Please win a Super Bowl before I grow old and leave Earth.
Reply/Quote
The good news is we moved up TWO spaces in the draft (if the season ended now) from last week. The bad news is we don't have any more games against anyone worse. 
We need a new chant..
WE'RE NUMBER TWELVE! 
WE'RE NUMBER TWELVE! 
WE'RE NUMBER TWELVE! 
Who Dey
We need to start rooting for all the 4 win teams!  
GO LOSERS!  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: The good news is we moved up TWO spaces in the draft (if the season ended now) from last week. The bad news is we don't have any more games against anyone worse. 
We need a new chant..
WE'RE NUMBER TWELVE! 
WE'RE NUMBER TWELVE! 
WE'RE NUMBER TWELVE! 
Who Dey
We need to start rooting for all the 4 win teams!  
GO LOSERS!  

We are currently 15… tied with a bunch of other 5 win teams. I’m not sure the bengals can win another game, so they actually have a shot at moving all the way up to 5…. More realistically is 7-9, as they will most likely win one more.

1. Chicago (via Carolina - 1-10)

2. Arizona (2-10)

3. New England (2-9)

4. Chicago (3-8)

5. Washington (4-8)

6. New York Giants (4-8)

7. Tampa Bay (4-7)

8. New York Jets (4-7)

9. Los Angeles Chargers (4-7)

10. Tennessee (4-7)

11. Las Vegas (5-7)

12. New Orleans (5-6)

13. Green Bay (5-6)

14. Los Angeles Rams (5-6)

15. Cincinnati (5-6)

16. Buffalo (6-6)

17. Arizona (via Houston - 6-5)

18. Denver (6-5)

19. Atlanta (5-6)

20. Indianapolis (6-5)

21. Minnesota (6-5)

22. Seattle (6-5)

23. Pittsburgh (7-4)

24. Houston (via Cleveland - 7-4)

25. Miami (8-3)

26. Dallas (8-3)

27. Detroit (8-3)

28. Jacksonville (8-3)

29. Kansas City (8-3)

30. San Francisco (8-3)

31. Baltimore (9-3)

32. Philadelphia (10-1)
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:22 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm hoping too but I'm tired of hoping with this organization. I want them to transform to an elite franchise that is known for winning a lot of Super Bowls like the Steelers, Cowboys, or Broncos.

Who Dey Please win a Super Bowl before I grow old and leave Earth.

Not to sound pessimistic or anything, but isn't this a bit like hoping you wake up tomorrow hoping your pecker is two inches bigger than yesterday? You could start spending money for penis enlargement products..  Cool

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: We are currently 15… tied with a bunch of other 5 win teams.  I’m not sure the bengals can win another game, so they actually have a shot at moving all the way up to 5…. More realistically is 7-9, as they will most likely win one more.

1. Chicago (via Carolina - 1-10)

2. Arizona (2-10)

3. New England (2-9)

4. Chicago (3-8)

5. Washington (4-8)

6. New York Giants (4-8)

7. Tampa Bay (4-7)

8. New York Jets (4-7)

9. Los Angeles Chargers (4-7)

10. Tennessee (4-7)

11. Las Vegas (5-7)

12. New Orleans (5-6)

13. Green Bay (5-6)

14. Los Angeles Rams (5-6)

15. Cincinnati (5-6)

16. Buffalo (6-6)

17. Arizona (via Houston - 6-5)

18. Denver (6-5)

19. Atlanta (5-6)

20. Indianapolis (6-5)

21. Minnesota (6-5)

22. Seattle (6-5)

23. Pittsburgh (7-4)

24. Houston (via Cleveland - 7-4)

25. Miami (8-3)

26. Dallas (8-3)

27. Detroit (8-3)

28. Jacksonville (8-3)

29. Kansas City (8-3)

30. San Francisco (8-3)

31. Baltimore (9-3)

32. Philadelphia (10-1)
Well..we're eliminated from almost anyone with 5 wins in the AFC.. 
And DEFINITELY knocked out all the AFCN competition... Don't be so pessimistic about our ability to lose.. 

Reply/Quote