Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don’t be upset about losing out & why it is ok.
(11-27-2023, 01:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This was the worst year for Burrow to get hurt. Now next season you have to deal with the jets having rodgers, and an off-season for them to fix their o-line, the chiefs will definitely address their issues and be a better team, the Texans will take a step forward... It’s just awful timing really

This year was for the taking

Theoretically you could say that about Chargers and be more relevant. Unlike us their QB is still healthy and they are longshot to even make playoffs
Reply/Quote
This is even more relevant after yesterday's loss to the stealers. Have to say, if it wasn't for the Browning interception in
the Red Zone we had a real good chance of winning this game. Amazing with how much their Offense was going up and
down the field and we only lost by 6 with a backup QB and no running game whatsoever.

This was the one game where I was really rooting for us to pull out the win even if I am fine with losing out for a top 10
pick that could really help us out in the long run. We sucked to get Burrow and Chase, would be nice to not suck for no
reason this year and add one other top player to really help us get a SB win sometime soon.

BTW, it was nice seeing Myles Murphy finally showing something with a Sack and a nice pressure.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Theoretically you could say that about Chargers and be more relevant. Unlike us their QB is still healthy and they are longshot to even make playoffs

They don’t have the weapons nor the defense to get to the super bowl

We know how the bengals step up in the post season. They just do. They had Kc on the ropes with a bunch of back up linemen and no Boyd

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
ATP I’m going to be upset if these dumbasses win anymore games

Get this top 10 pick and retool with this insane offseason we’re about have where well Lose almost all our depth this offseason
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: They don’t have the weapons nor the defense to get to the super bowl

We know how the bengals step up in the post season. They just do. They had Kc on the ropes with a bunch of back up linemen and no Boyd

Yeah, the Chargers only have Keenan Allen and Ekeler and that is about it. That Defense besides Khalil Mack isn't very good either.

I do like their OC in Kellen Moore and Justin Herbert but if we had a healthy Burrow I would still have hopes of making the Playoffs.

Our team plays better against the best teams late in the year even if we are banged up with Burrow.

The Chargers just cannot win against the best teams when it matters most as we saw once again last night.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:16 PM)Housh Wrote: ATP I’m going to be upset if these dumbasses win anymore games

Get this top 10 pick and retool with this insane offseason we’re about have where well Lose almost all our depth this offseason

Top 10 could garner:

1st Round:  Fashanu or Alt, 10 -12 year OT. (likely need #8 or better)
2nd Round:  Jackson Powers-Johnson, the top center in the draft
3rd Round:  Guards Mahogany, Ratledge, or RB Benson, or TE
4th Round:  Guard Zinter or multiple TEs & RBs

Picking early in each round provides much more opportunity to solidify the offense for years to come.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Top 10 could garner:

1st Round:  Fashanu or Alt, 10 -12 year OT. (likely need #8 or better)
2nd Round:  Jackson Powers-Johnson, the top center in the draft
3rd Round:  Guards Mahogany, Ratledge, or RB Benson, or TE
4th Round:  Guard Zinter or multiple TEs & RBs

Picking early in each round provides much more opportunity to solidify the offense for years to come.

Would love to get Fashanu or Alt for damn sure. Jackson Powers-Johnson might be the most talented Center in the Draft but this is
only his first year playing Center I believe for the Ducks so he might go in the 3rd round because of this. Really like Mahogany or 
getting a RB like Trey Benson in the 3rd as well. I don't how bad Zak Zinter's injury was against the Buckeyes but it looked bad and 
it might take another year for him to be back we will see. Great player and leader though for sure.

Bottom line getting a top 10 pick in all the rounds should really help us to add the much needed depth we need at multiple positions.

I still would rather add proven OL and DL in FA and add a weapon like Brock Bowers or Rome Odunze in the 1st.

Just the Bengals luck that even if they drafted Fashanu or Alt they would suck with the Bengals or at least not be studs like they 
normally would be lol
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love to get Fashanu or Alt for damn sure. Jackson Powers-Johnson might be the most talented Center in the Draft but this is
only his first year playing Center I believe for the Ducks so he might go in the 3rd round because of this. Really like Mahogany or 
getting a RB like Trey Benson in the 3rd as well. I don't how bad Zak Zinter's injury was against the Buckeyes but it looked bad and 
it might take another year for him to be back we will see. Great player and leader though for sure.

Bottom line getting a top 10 pick in all the rounds should really help us to add the much needed depth we need at multiple positions.

I still would rather add proven OL and DL in FA and add a weapon like Brock Bowers or Rome Odunze in the 1st.

Just the Bengals luck that even if they drafted Fashanu or Alt they would suck with the Bengals or at least not be studs like they 
normally would be lol

Looks like Zinter's leg took a beating, broken tibia and fibula....... 

Folks need to understand that the drop off on some positions is massive. 

Fashanu and Alt are on a very high tier - both are unlikely.   Fuaga, Latham, Mims and Barton are the next tier all will likely be available.  I'm not sure we can afford FA oline and dline.

If we do not resign Jonah, I dont see how we can neglect OT, especially for a TE, even one as good as Bowers.  

JPJ has been good at both LG & RG and now playing center better than any other.  I think he should be a high priority because of his talent and flexibility.  He is likely my 2nd Round pick regardless of who is available.  IMO, we must build the best IOL possible, he can make that happen with him taking over for Volson one year or kicking Karras out to OG.  We still need another future OG.

I would not hate OT, OC, OG in that order in the 1st 3 rounds as of today.  

If we could ever have a Top 10 oline we could beat anyone with or without Tee or a great RB.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 03:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Looks like Zinter's leg took a beating, broken tibia and fibula....... 

Fashanu and Alt are on a very high tier - both are unlikely.   Fuaga, Latham, Mims and Barton are the next tier all will likely be available.  I'm not sure we can afford FA oline and dline.

If we do not resign Jonah, I dont see how we can neglect OT, especially for a TE, even one as good as Bowers.  

JPJ has been good at both LG & RG and now playing center better than any other.  I think he should be a high priority because of his talent and flexibility.  He is likely my 2nd Round pick regardless of who is available.  IMO, we must build the best IOL possible, he can make that happen with him taking over for Volson one year or kicking Karras out to OG.  We still need another future OG.

If we could ever have a Top 10 oline we could beat anyone with or without Tee or a great RB.

Yup

It seems I've said this 10 years in a row, but we have to fix the Oline this offseason, HAVE TOO!! Priority #1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 03:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Looks like Zinter's leg took a beating, broken tibia and fibula....... 

Not against drafting all OL in the first 3 rounds after an aggressive FA either.

I hope we add a good RT at the very least in FA and hopefully a Center/LG too though so we can draft Rome Odunze who I 
would actually take over Bowers now. Odunze might be as good as MHjr in the NFL, he reminds me of Davante Adams with 
his route running, hands and natural skills in going up for the ball.

Would be all for Powers-Johnson, just saying he doesn't have a ton of experience at Center.

(11-27-2023, 03:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

It seems I've said this 10 years in a row, but we have to fix the Oline this offseason, HAVE TOO!! Priority #1

Same. Have to fix the OL this Offseason, a new OL coach that knows how to develop would surely help along with the additions.

Would just be fantastic if we could add a Rome Odunze as well who I think could be great like Chase and much better than Tee.
Reply/Quote
If there is a great guard there in the 2nd round i don’t see how you don’t take him

Honestly im ok with drafting all linemen lol

We’ve seen nothing else really matters without a line so eff it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Here we go again…

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Here we go again…

Same old song again.......
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Here we go again…

(11-27-2023, 04:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Same old song again.......

I had hope before the last couple seasons that Pollack might be the answer. Man we have done a poor job evaluating OL coaches
as well as OL. This has to change some day right?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:09 PM)Housh Wrote: If there is a great guard there in the 2nd round i don’t see how you don’t take him

Honestly im ok with drafting all linemen lol

We’ve seen nothing else really matters without a line so eff it

I wouldn't complain that much. Especially if they addressed a couple big needs in free agency.

To me it just boils down to this:

If you were to list our top 5 issues the last three seasons (why we haven't won it all)

1. Oline 
2. Oline
3. Oline
4. Oline
5. Oline

Volson is only like a Olineman #9 0r 10 - backup to a backup. And he's a starter! Cappa has had several bad games this season and I'm leaning hard towards an upgrade. Karras has been decent and would probably be even better without being sandwiched between those two.

And depending on what happens with Williams? We may need a RT as well?

If you build it (Oline) it will come (Lombardi)
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Same old song again.......

And to be clear I’d be fine with using a bunch of premium picks on the OL if that’s how the board falls. But this “eVeRy PiCk oL" is such nonsense. They have some other very big needs that also need to be addressed. Especially the pass rush (particularly interior pass rush). It can’t just keep being Trey or nothing. If he gets locked down by an elite LT opposing QB’s can usually shred us. We saw it with Tunsil in the Houston game.

Personally, I think they could improve the OL fairly easily. Re-sign Jonah, draft a center, and move Karras to LG. Your biggest weakness is now on the bench.

Reply/Quote
At this point, I wouldn't be mad if they went an unconventional route to replace Frank. Like when we hired an unknown Gruden. Scour all levels of collegiate and semi-pro ball if they have to. I don't know who that guy is, but it's for sure not Frank Polyp.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I had hope before the last couple seasons that Pollack might be the answer. Man we have done a poor job evaluating OL coaches
as well as OL. This has to change some day right?

I had hope this preseason that we were gonna field one of the better Olines we've had in the last several seasons. But it just hasn't worked out that way for several reasons.

But to me it's not even close with any other issues, it's the Oline on the top of the heap.
Reply/Quote
Duke seeing Pollack get all the blame for something that’s been an issue since 2016…

[Image: homelander-homelander-smile.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And to be clear I’d be fine with using a bunch of premium picks on the OL if that’s how the board falls. But this “eVeRy PiCk oL" is such nonsense. They have some other very big needs that also need to be addressed. Especially the pass rush (particularly interior pass rush). It can’t just keep being Trey or nothing. If he gets locked down by an elite LT opposing QB’s can usually shred us. We saw it with Tunsil in the Houston game.

Personally, I think they could improve the OL fairly easily. Re-sign Jonah, draft a center, and move Karras to LG. Your biggest weakness is now on the bench.

Oh I get it and agree, mostly. I even stated in another post "if" they address other needs, Dline, RB, TE in free agency. Or even Oline in free agency?

But I just strongly feel Oline is our #1 problem with a giant star. And evidently our depth sucks? I mean Volson is still out there.
Reply/Quote