Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(06-12-2015, 02:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: Do us all a favor and go produce some smart babies to help offset all the idiots in the world.

lol if it was just that easy...
Reply/Quote
Well, that was a lot...What is interesting is that the final scene is in the last book.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No...*****...way...

I am quite pissed right now.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 11:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No...*****...way...

I am quite pissed right now.

Well if there is a handy time to have Melisandre around, this would be it! lol wow I almost forgot book 5 pretty much ended that way. I need to re-read it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Good thing Red Priests can resurrect people
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 11:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good thing Red Priests can resurrect people

*whew*

I forgot she showed up earlier.

So....they walked away, giving her a chance to swoop in and revive him? Since i guess she saw what was going to happen...with Stannis and possibly John...?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 11:16 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Well if there is a handy time to have Melisandre around, this would be it! lol wow I almost forgot book 5 pretty much ended that way. I need to re-read it.

I haven't read a single word of the books so i'm just following along with the show.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 11:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: *whew*

I forgot she showed up earlier.

So....they walked away, giving her a chance to swoop in and revive him? Since i guess she saw what was going to happen...with Stannis and possibly John...?

As she says in the book "I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow."

She realizes that Stannis is not Azor Ahai and that Jon is. Jon's death may fulfill his oath, meaning his resurrection allows him to fulfill another mission.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 11:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As she says in the book "I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow."

She realizes that Stannis is not Azor Ahai and that Jon is. Jon's death may fulfill his oath, meaning his resurrection allows him to fulfill another mission.

Ahhhhh. Sweet!

Reply/Quote
Rough day for Stannis, eh.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 11:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As she says in the book "I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow."

That's interesting.  I did wonder about her showing up conveniently, and then vaguely remembered something about her seeing Jon Snow in her visions.

Of course, we don't really know that Stannis is dead, either.  Not that RR gives a shit about convention, but in tv if you didn't see it then it didn't happen.  And I almost forgot about Reak and Sansa jumping.

Speaking of Stannis, that was a pretty awful miscalculation.  Even if he half his army didn't leave, they still look to have been outnumbered at least 5 to 1.
Reply/Quote
All in all, that may have been one of the crazier episodes in the series. It's almost like they took an eraser and virtually destroyed all the major plot lines....or more accurately they threw almost every single plot into mass chaos. Who was that massive army that surrounded Dany and where did they come from?

And Cersei is a total MILF. The short hair works for her and that one Sand Sister.

[Image: mwkz3.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: mwl0v.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:49 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote:  Who was that massive army that surrounded Dany and where did they come from?

It was the Dothraki

Also, Jon isn't done for yet, but holy shit @ the scene
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:54 AM)eoxyod Wrote: It was the Dothraki

Also, Jon isn't done for yet, but holy shit @ the scene

Maybe we don't really know if Melisandre is good, evil or manipulative...or some combination.  They did show us that one guy who had been brought back like 6 or 7 times by someone [supposedly] not nearly as powerful as her.  But I don't know if the person is changed in some way.  I just don't like the idea of Jon being linked up to her.

Dothraki explains the ring.  I just realized that was her wedding ring - had thought it was a ring signifying she was a Queen.  And technically she's no longer married.

Interesting if Drogon brought her there for a reason, and if maybe there's a reason he's been hanging out there.
Reply/Quote
What a great ending to the season. I really like the character of Arya Stark. I wonder what is going to happen to her now that the Faceless Men have blinded her. Is it a temporary punishment?

I've also been reading how bad everyone felt for Cersei during her walk of shame back to the castle. I didn't feel bad for her for a minute. She's going to come out of this more evil than ever.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 02:55 AM)GodFather Wrote: I've also been reading how bad everyone felt for Cersei during her walk of shame back to the castle. I didn't feel bad for her for a minute. She's going to come out of this more evil than ever.

Disappointed to learn that was a body double.  Still a MILF

I was hoping she'd grab a sword and kill that annoying, irritating nun.  It's not an easy trick to pull off to be more loathesome than Cersei, and in such limited screen time.

And they DID kill Jon Snow (the producer was pretty insistent about it).  But while that doesn't mean he's actually dead, I'm not sure he'll be reborn to something greater.  So in terms of a true and pure protagonist, I guess we're down to Dany (which seems too obvious and predictable, especially with this much story left).  Suppose Bran could be a real long-shot if he ever gets tired of living in trees.

I don't know.  Maybe Jon and Dany are catalysts or saviors, but perhaps not destined to rule.  Or maybe the White Walkers are just going to annihilate everyone.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:47 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That's interesting.  I did wonder about her showing up conveniently, and then vaguely remembered something about her seeing Jon Snow in her visions.

Of course, we don't really know that Stannis is dead, either.  Not that RR gives a shit about convention, but in tv if you didn't see it then it didn't happen.  And I almost forgot about Reak and Sansa jumping.

Speaking of Stannis, that was a pretty awful miscalculation.  Even if he half his army didn't leave, they still look to have been outnumbered at least 5 to 1.

According to the HBO viewers guide, Jon, Stannis, and the Lannister girl are dead.

Not sure if I completely buy into Stannis definitely being dead. Brienne tends to hesitate and she may have been caught off guard by how honorable Stannis was in his death sentence. Though the show really effed that character over. He's the greatest general/tactician in the world, and he roles up to the most fortified castle in Westeros with half an army and no horses? Clearly the show had him be very desperate and completely broken, but the degree to which his character changes is almost instant. So much build up to building this army that could actually defend the land from white walkers, or at least understands the real threat... and this is what happens?

Jon is definitely dead. But he can come back.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 02:08 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Maybe we don't really know if Melisandre is good, evil or manipulative...or some combination.  They did show us that one guy who had been brought back like 6 or 7 times by someone [supposedly] not nearly as powerful as her.  But I don't know if the person is changed in some way.  I just don't like the idea of Jon being linked up to her.

Dothraki explains the ring.  I just realized that was her wedding ring - had thought it was a ring signifying she was a Queen.  And technically she's no longer married.

Interesting if Drogon brought her there for a reason, and if maybe there's a reason he's been hanging out there.

I don't think her intentions are bad. Her goal is to see Azor Ahai reborn, and she wants to align with whoever that is. At first, she believed it to be Stannis, and killing those who need to be killed is necessary. Azor Ahai forged his sword by plunging it into his wife's heart. Any sacrifice for the lord of light is necessary.

In the books, the dothraki who find her are part of Jhaqo's khalasar. He was part of Drogo's and was not a fan of Dany...

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 06:47 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: According to the HBO viewers guide, Jon, Stannis, and the Lannister girl are dead.

Not sure if I completely buy into Stannis definitely being dead. Brienne tends to hesitate and she may have been caught off guard by how honorable Stannis was in his death sentence. Though the show really effed that character over. He's the greatest general/tactician in the world, and he roles up to the most fortified castle in Westeros with half an army and no horses? Clearly the show had him be very desperate and completely broken, but the degree to which his character changes is almost instant. So much build up to building this army that could actually defend the land from white walkers, or at least understands the real threat... and this is what happens?

Jon is definitely dead. But he can come back.

Yeah, I read a few articles where the producers are adamant Jon is dead - but that doesn't mean he's gone (not that they've hinted the character isn't gone).  I think they are playing the technicality that the "Jon we know" is dead.

I haven't read the books, but I get the issues with Stannis.  I'm also not convinced he's dead.  While Brienne is dutiful, she also doesn't seem the type to murder a helpless man.  But he has no army, and literally nothing now...difficult to see what purpose he'll serve if he's still alive.  An interview I read with the actress that plays Brienne - she's convinced he's dead (not in a what she thinks sort of way, but what she knows).  But I will say Stannis got his ass kicked at Westerios, so maybe that all really isn't that much of a stretch.

I think the Lannister girl is dead.  That seems a given to advance [what I expect] the coming conflict between Dorne and Westerios.

And people forget Theon and Sansa jumping off the castle.  I don't think they're dead, either.
Reply/Quote