Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(06-21-2016, 01:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That wasn't directed at you as much as other comments i've read recently in this thread. I just saved some time and quoted your post and threw in the "all".

I figured that might be the case, cuz' we buds! ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 01:27 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, maybe it's that there isn't going to be some war for Dany to unite the 7 Kingdoms since it doesn't seem all of them combined can oppose her.  Dany takes Westerios with ease (which can mostly wrap-up the Cersei/Jaime/Tommen thing), and then Jon readily allies with her because he doesn't want to rule...everyone else has little choice but to fall in line.

And that would considerably advance the plotline leaving plenty of time to focus on the WW.  Although a lot of work remains to be done actually beating the WW (assume Sam will figure out how to forge Valyrian steel, maybe with the help of Bran and the dragons).

I'll call Arya killing Cersei, if The Faith doesn't beat her to it.

Yeah, I think the main points of the endgame are pretty well spelled out. Just the particulars are lacking. The days of the main story line surprising people are gone, I suspect. But still worth watching to see the surprises in the ways and means (and addition to the cool scenes!).
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 11:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wonder how this will play out now that Littlefinger has officially helped Sansa took back Winterfell. Will he now betray her and Jon since the Lannisters wont be to thrilled? Will they all team up to take down the Freys at the Twins, which is what I am guessing for revenge? Or will Jon tell him about the Running Dead army up north, which could change all of Littlefingers scheming.  Either way, the North is definitely weak as the wildings are pretty much done for fighting wise, and all the houses are in shambles manpower wise after this battle and Robbs campaign. That leaves Littlefinger and his army as the real power in the North at the moment it seems.

it might be time for littlefinger to cash in on all his doings  unite the riverlands the Vale and the North under the Stark banner.   (the riverlands and north followed the starks to war...  And now they have the erye)  

Now what he does with this I don't know but they can fortify the north from the south at mote cowin.  there is plenty of room for the families from the river lands to move up (or unite against the freys) 

Lannisters are already done.  But I wonder if someone like Gentry shows back up as an heir to Robert.  And what part the dorish have to play.

Also could danny turn westroes into a a place where women rule... Her, the Greyjoy sister. Margery, Sansa Little girl on bear island. Etc... danny seems to like the idea of women in charge where they haven't been before.
Reply/Quote
Food for thought. Bastard Bowl was on Fathers Day. Every father of every main character was referenced in the episode as well.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 12:16 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Food for thought.  Bastard Bowl was on Fathers Day.  Every father of every main character was referenced in the episode as well.

your right at least the ones they focused on in that episode.

Talking about the mad king with danny
Talking about King Greyjoy with the Greyjoys
Talking about burying Ricken next to Eddard

Any mention of ramseys father?
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 01:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: your right at least the ones they focused on in that episode.

Talking about the mad king with danny
Talking about King Greyjoy with the Greyjoys
Talking about burying Ricken next to Eddard

Any mention of ramseys father?

I would argue that Ramsey, while an awesome character, was always a supporting character to a larger character in the book and show.  Whether you are talking about Theon or later Sansa.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 09:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: it might be time for littlefinger to cash in on all his doings  unite the riverlands the Vale and the North under the Stark banner.   (the riverlands and north followed the starks to war...  And now they have the erye)  

Now what he does with this I don't know but they can fortify the north from the south at mote cowin.  there is plenty of room for the families from the river lands to move up (or unite against the freys) 

Lannisters are already done.  But I wonder if someone like Gentry shows back up as an heir to Robert.  And what part the dorish have to play.

Also could danny turn westroes into a a place where women rule... Her,  the Greyjoy sister.    Margery, Sansa   Little girl on bear island.    Etc...  danny seems to like the idea of women in charge where they haven't been before.

I'm still saying Littlefinger is gonna get his eventually. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
[Image: 13407057_1147028662007686_25947865404073...e=57FC2470]
Reply/Quote
Predictions for this week?

I have a feeling this episode might be a lot more exciting than traditionally, given the accelerated pace this season.

Although maybe not. Figure the obligatory check-in on Sam and Dorne. Maybe they confirm R+L=J in a catch-up with Bran?

Gotta see some WW. Wonder if we won't see an Arya and Hound reunion.

I predict Cersei or Tommen dies....and, well, I think Tommen has to go first according to the witch.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Half expect to go:

Tommen
Sparrow
Walder Frey

Would be shocked to see go:
Just about anyone else.

I also think it will be a rather action packed for a finale. Clocks in as the longest episode ever at 69 minutes, so it should give enough time. We should see:

-Dany set sail for Westeros
-Ned's promise to Lyanna
-On this one, I doubt they confirm (as if it already wasn't) the theory, but they'll drop hints I'm sure.
-Bran chilling in a tree
-Sam getting it on with Gilly somewhere
-Jon brooding in Winterfell
-Sansa being all "ew gross" to Littlefinger
-Walder Frey gets killed in the same hall Catelyn and Robb died.
-Does Dorne still exist?
-Some crazy stuff in King's Landing. I'd wager a fair amount of deaths.
Reply/Quote
What the heck is R+L=J?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 01:38 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: What the heck is R+L=J?

Ned's sister, Lyanna Stark, and Dany's brother, Rhaegar Targaryen.

Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 02:01 PM)Bengalzona Wrote:  Ned's sister, Lyanna Stark, and Dany's brother, Rhaegar Targaryen.

Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon

Something must've zipped right over my head. So Ned claimed Jon for some reason? If it's a pain in the ass to explain don't even worry about it. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 02:32 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Something must've zipped right over my head. So Ned claimed Jon for some reason? If it's a pain in the ass to explain don't even worry about it. 

Robert would have killed Jon as he would have been heir to the Iron Throne (Rhaegar's son comes before Viserys, Dany's other brother who dies in season 1).
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 12:44 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Half expect to go:

Tommen
Sparrow
Walder Frey

Would be shocked to see go:
Just about anyone else.

I also think it will be a rather action packed for a finale. Clocks in as the longest episode ever at 69 minutes, so it should give enough time. We should see:

-Dany set sail for Westeros
-Ned's promise to Lyanna
   -On this one, I doubt they confirm (as if it already wasn't) the theory, but they'll drop hints I'm sure.
-Bran chilling in a tree
-Sam getting it on with Gilly somewhere
-Jon brooding in Winterfell
-Sansa being all "ew gross" to Littlefinger
-Walder Frey gets killed in the same hall Catelyn and Robb died.
-Does Dorne still exist?
-Some crazy stuff in King's Landing. I'd wager a fair amount of deaths.

Someone reveals to Tommen that Jaime is his dad. He freaks out and somehow dies. 

Enter Gendry.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 03:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Someone reveals to Tommen that Jaime is his dad. He freaks out and somehow dies. 

Enter Gendry.

I believed Gendry was going to be important, way back in like Season 1 or 2.  It might still happen in the books, but I think for purposes of the show that character is gone/done. Besides, if Dany wants the throne (she does) who is going to stop her?

Maybe they save Tommen for next season....as a Snack of Dragons.

But I do have a feeling (hope, at least) some major things are going to be revealed or set in motion.  What would really be something is if Dany overloads all her ships, and then crazy uncle comes with his new fleet and wipes them all out.  I think that's going to be a huge curveball (possibly next year) that you have 120k soldiers, but they are useless and vulnerable transporting across the sea on ships.

Just saying I think it's more interesting if Dany doesn't arrive with an obvious and decisive military advantage.  Leaves you with 3 dragons and a bunch of rag-tag armies that somehow have to unite to fight the WW.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Kinda sucks the season finale is here, because maybe its just me but the season just started to finally get going and its almost over.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 09:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Kinda sucks the season finale is here, because maybe its just me but the season just started to finally get going and its almost over.

We just have to accept that once the series is over, it's going to leave us feeling like it's incomplete. There won't be a bow wrapped around it like Breaking Bad. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 02:32 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Something must've zipped right over my head. So Ned claimed Jon for some reason? If it's a pain in the ass to explain don't even worry about it. 

After Robert seized the throne, it was pretty much open season on Targaryen royalty. That was why Dany and her other brother had sail across the ocean and go into hiding and exile on another continent. Even then, Robert was still sending agents to hunt for them. 

But under the theory Jon was Ned's nephew and Ned felt compelled to protect him, particularly since Robert would have been especially incensed at this birth since he loved Jon's mother.  
Reply/Quote
Is Ayra not the most bad ass girl on the planet? Her scene was AMAZING!
Reply/Quote