Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(05-05-2017, 11:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Just so we're clear: People with pre existing mental health conditions have access to firearms and not healthcare.

Shweew!! Thank goodness. Dodged a bullet. Obamer done almost took er guns. 

I am most glad we will get some of this government money out of the opioid  epidemic. We can finally start throwing these people into the for profit prisons dear leader and grand wizard Sessions are promoting. Tell yer rich friends. Get some of the for profit prison stock!! Up big time since comrade Trump won. Big profits to come!!
Reply/Quote
[Image: 3f3d21d1fb223ce7b29ca280b86528df.gif]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
[Image: e9addcb00d88033f72a0b1ca7d1260af.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 11:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Just so we're clear: People with pre existing mental health conditions have access to firearms and not healthcare.

For the love of christ.  Can we stop this idiotic ***** bullshit?!?!?  No one has ever been turned away for treatment.  No one ever will.

When you stop buying into the "pushing granny over the cliff" meme then you might start making reasonable requests for change from your Representative.  

You're a smart person.  Take a step back and be smart.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
[Image: 18199431_441906142815068_862738048823428...e=5981CA8A]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 04:34 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: For the love of christ.  Can we stop this idiotic ***** bullshit?!?!?  No one has ever been turned away for treatment.  No one ever will.

When you stop buying into the "pushing granny over the cliff" meme then you might start making reasonable requests for change from your Representative.  

Couple things:

1) I wonder if that will be like all the GOP controlled states that said they would NOT accept the medicaid enhancements from the federal government...the one that saw the ACA do less well.  And then some of them did and don't want it go away now.

[Image: death_panel.jpg]

2) I guess we've forgotten about the "death panel" meme from the GOP during the debate about the ACA.

[Image: death-panel-propaganda1.png]
http://grouchatrighttruth.blogspot.com/2012/10/death-panels-are-here.html
Reply/Quote
[Image: 18199250_1159151570897413_36567161853482...e=59BAC798]

From what I've read the EO didn't really do anything. But I agree with the sentiment that even WANTING to do it is crazy and hypocritical.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 04:34 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: For the love of christ.  Can we stop this idiotic ***** bullshit?!?!?  No one has ever been turned away for treatment.  No one ever will.

Read the thread title again.

Why so serious? Did something strike a nerve?
Reply/Quote
Something for those who lean right (and others with a sense of humor). A poke at the Left:

"You didn't afford me a choice when you cut off my balls."

I busted a gut laughing!
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 04:09 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 18268347_1536950543004511_57890986986552...e=59BE53FE]

Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....

http://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-jesus-care/

[Image: det-red.gif]
Dang it!

Quote: FALSE

ORIGIN
In early May 2017, an image macro went viral via social media bearing a pronouncement on health care attributed to U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, who supposedly said (grammatical anomalies in the original):

Quote:What the American people need is not more health care. What we need is more Jesus care. I believe the if we can just get more of these people with pre-existing health conditions back to churches you would see a lot of healings and many of these problems would just go away. People who lead Godly lives don’t worry about Doctors. We have The Lord to take care of us.

The statement had currency because efforts by Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives to pass a bill (popularly known as “Trumpcare”) repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act of 2010 (popularly known as “Obamacare”) were, at the time, reaching a fever pitch. The statement also echoed remarks made by a prominent backer of Trumpcare, Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Alabama), who had gone on record as saying that “people who lead good lives” are healthier and less prone than others to have pre-existing health conditions. And it tapped into a popular conception of Mike Pence as someone who is overly pious and preachy.

The quote was entirely fabricated, however. There is no public record of Pence ever saying such a thing. Despite the inclusion of what appears at first glance to be a Fox News logo on the image macro, Fox News wasn’t connected in any way with its circulation.

The item first appeared on the Facebook page Fox News The Facebook Page, which is dedicated to lampooning Fox News and conservative politics in general:

Well, we still have these gems:

[Image: penceunfiltered.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 04:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....Please be true.....

http://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-jesus-care/

[Image: det-red.gif]
Dang it!

Well, we still have these gems:

[Image: penceunfiltered.png]

Alas, I stand corrected. 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 05:15 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Alas, I stand corrected. 

Eh, I bet he thinks it.

Smirk
Reply/Quote

This is 100% unequivocally false. People get turned away everyday due to an inability to pay.

But, you're going to claim people can always go to the ER for treatment and not get turned away due to an inability to pay.

EMTALA requires everyone presenting to the ER receive a medical screening exam to determine if a medical emergency exists. Emphasis on screening. If their condition isn't a medical emergency they are turned away.

Do you have any more uninformed opinions you would like me to correct?

I get a real kick watching you squeal about "this idiotic ***** bullshit" when it is painfully obvious you don't know the first thing about the topic at hand.
Reply/Quote

You think people who need chemotherapy are not turned away?  In which European countries is medical bankruptcy a problem?

Which doctors see patients who cannot pay for visits? Which pharmacies dole out medicines to people who cannot pay for it?

You're a smart person. Take a step forward and educate yourself about the healthcare problem in the US.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 06:45 PM)Dil Wrote: You're a smart person. Take a step forward and educate yourself about the healthcare problem in the US.

Patients are not turned away.  And there are many charities.

You know this.  Or you could and choose not to.

That's not to gloss over clear problems....But the over-the-top hyperbole doesn't help the cause. That was my point. If you can't understand that then, YES, you need to step back and think of a more productive approach.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 12:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Couple things:

1) I wonder if that will be like all the GOP controlled states that said they would NOT accept the medicaid enhancements from the federal government...the one that saw the ACA do less well.  And then some of them did and don't want it go away now.

Well, hey, pat yourself on the back for giving people insurance with unaffordable deductibles and copays.

Point the finger at Dems or Repubs, depending on what koolaid you drink.  Or maybe put partisan politics aside and just start demanding solutions.

Reply/Quote

(05-07-2017, 01:55 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Patients are not turned away.  And there are many charities.

You know this.  Or you could and choose not to.

That's not to gloss over clear problems....But the over-the-top hyperbole doesn't help the cause.  That was my point.  If you can't understand that then, YES, you need to step back and think of a more productive approach.

Last year, about 80,000 emergency-room patients at hospitals owned by HCA, the nation’s largest for-profit hospital chain, left without treatment after being told they would have to first pay $150 because they did not have a true emergency.

80,000 patients turned away from one hospital group in one year; five years ago.  Not for profit hospital groups turn away the same patients for the same reasons.  This clearly isn't something that just started happening.

Can you please stop the "idiotic ***** bullshit" and the insults everytime you are clearly uninformed about a subject?  A simple google search and five seconds might save you some embarrassment the next time.

If you want to continue making uninformed claims patients aren't turned away start a thread and I can inform you there.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 02:04 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Point the finger at Dems or Repubs, depending on what koolaid you drink.  Or maybe put partisan politics aside and just start demanding solutions.

Much love, homie !

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 02:04 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, hey, pat yourself on the back for giving people insurance with unaffordable deductibles and copays.

Point the finger at Dems or Repubs, depending on what koolaid you drink.  Or maybe put partisan politics aside and just start demanding solutions.

Wrong thread for this discussion.

However...the new plan does nothing to improve any of that. All it did was make it so FEWER people could afford ANY coverage.  then they can say less people are paying more.  So.....

[Image: 1l0dwy.jpg?w=480]
Reply/Quote
[Image: dwh4cdI.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote