Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Israel/Hamas War Superthread
(Yesterday, 06:56 PM)Dill Wrote: I see signs saying "Resistance to Occupation is a Right" and "free palestinian prisoners."

"Ceasefire in Gaza" = advocating for Hamas?

Plenty more would prove, what, they are protesting for Palestinian Human rights?

NB: just saw your post to Dino. So there are Hamas prisoners among the many thousands, including children. 
THAT's how they're "advocating for Hamas"?  Jeezus.

Yeah, I'd say freeing convicted terrorist mass murders is definitely supporting terrorism.  Also, what "children" are in prison?  Smells like another Dill lie.

Quote:The Jewish students participating in the protests are doing this?

Maybe, would that be relevant?  Is bigotry towards a group and making them feel threatened acceptable if it comes from within their ethnic group?  What a twisted little world you live in.

Quote:No I don't "get" that.  To get there you need to explain why students, or anyone, would camp out on the ground just before finals, to get what--a tent?
Why would Soros "astroturf" a movent supposedly supporting death to the Jews?? How does this make sense to you?

There's a lot you don't get apparently.

Quote:You got that I was quoting you, right? The accusation of uninformed bigotry originates with you.

I ask how YOU exempt YOURSELF from YOUR charge, when the students appear to
know more about the origins of the war and are defending Palestinian human rights.

Yeah, you asked how they're the bigot and not me?  That's an accusation of bigotry directed at me.  Poor Dill, little word games aren't working for you.

Quote:So how do you? More emotional flailing and accusation here will just send the wrong message.

Feel it slipping away do you?  Don't worry, it's only going to get worse.

Reply/Quote
Newly elected Columbia student president gives an interesting speech.

https://x.com/OGAride/status/1783902870305444241

She probably doesn't have any first hand experience there though, right?

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Looks like we can add Eric Adams to the list of people tired of pro-Hamas demonstrators.

A fair number of people finding their spines on this issue of late.

Until the US becomes better informed about the roots of the
Gaza conflict, the majority of celebrities and politicians will be
"finding their spines and "standing with Israel."

I'd appreciate it if you spent more time finding evidence that the goal
of the protests is actually to advocate for Hamas.

So far your proof has been rather sketchy, or better said "stretchy,"
as in stretching advocacy for Palestinian prisoners to a pro-Hamas stance.

You presented a photograph chock full of signs advocating for Palestinian rights,
which I claim is the basis and goal of the protests. You can only construct the
most oblique tack to make them about "Hamas advocacy" by claiming,
"Well Hamas are Palestinian too, so advocating for Palestinian rights
is advocating for Hamas."  That is pretty bad reasoning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:16 PM)Dill Wrote: Until the US becomes better informed about the roots of the
Gaza conflict, the majority of celebrities and politicians will be
"finding their spines and "standing with Israel."

You mean as long as people of decency and morals exist they'll continue to stand against murdering rapist pigs. It's endlessly amusing how anyone who disagrees with you is uneducated and/or ignorant. Pomposity is never a good look.

Quote:I'd appreciate it if you spent more time finding evidence that the goal
of the protests is actually to advocate for Hamas.

You mean other than stating they are with Hamas and advocating for the release of Hamas prisoners?  You want more than that?

Quote:So far your proof has been rather sketchy, or better said "stretchy,"
as in stretching advocacy for Palestinian prisoners to a pro-Hamas stance.

Oh, are Hamas prisoners not included in "free all Palestinian prisoners?"  I'm sure those Hamas member will be surprised you don't consider them Palestinian.

Quote:You presented a photograph chock full of signs advocating for Palestinian rights,
which I claim is the basis and goal of the protests. You can only construct the
most oblique tack to make them about "Hamas advocacy" by claiming,
"Well Hamas are Palestinian too, so advocating for Palestinian rights
is advocating for Hamas."  That is pretty bad reasoning.

Actually avoiding the basic and logical fact that freeing all Palestinians would include freeing horrifyingly evil legally convicted Hamas criminals is the essence of bad reasoning.  Like I said, Dill.  It's just going to keep slipping away.  I'll be here to enjoy every second of it.

Reply/Quote
There are more thoughtful approaches/responses out there.
Dialogue is always a good place to start.

Columbia students representing Jewish and pro-Palestinian sides speak about protests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk5PuW6tzsE
Reply/Quote

He/she/they had an audience with AOC earlier.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:
He/she/they had an audience with AOC earlier.

Yeah, and Omar was there on campus meeting with some of the bigger offenders as well.  Much like the Labor Party in the UK the Dems are going to have to face their internal anti-Semitism soon.  I think you can safely apply the label to Omar and Tlaib.  AOC is just an idiot, so she may just be unaware.

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You mean as long as people of decency and morals exist they'll continue to stand against murdering rapist pigs.  It's endlessly amusing how anyone who disagrees with you is uneducated and/or ignorant.  Pomposity is never a good look.

You mean other than stating they are with Hamas and advocating for the release of Hamas prisoners?  You want more than that?

Oh, are Hamas prisoners not included in "free all Palestinian prisoners?"  I'm sure those Hamas member will be surprised you don't consider them Palestinian.

Actually avoiding the basic and logical fact that freeing all Palestinians would include freeing horrifyingly evil legally convicted Hamas criminals is the essence of bad reasoning.  Like I said, Dill.  It's just going to keep slipping away.  I'll be here to enjoy every second of it.

You just accused student protestors of "uninformed bigotry." 
Was that not because they "disagree" with you? And didn't you mean to imply they were ignorant?
When asked what excepts you from your own charge--suddenly you think "pomposity" is not a good look.
Was it a good look or "endlessly amusing" when you first made the charge?

I haven't seen a lot of evidence that protestors are "with Hamas." They seem to be standing with
people illegally held under military occupation. That's why I asked you to supply evidence of Hamas advocacy.
Your evidence so far has been that they support Palestinians, and some Palestinians are Hamas.
Which I call, yes, bad reasoning, even if some Hamas are Palestinian. It is not a kind of reasoning
which can be aligned with the fundamentals of human rights law.

The question is whether freeing HAMAS prisoners is the point of freeing PALESTINIAN prisoners. 
I've seen no evidence it is. The protestors think the majority of the imprisoned are innocent.
They don't think its ok to keep that majority in prison, just to be sure Hamas stays in.

And they think there'd be no murdering raping Hamas pics in the first place if innocent Palestinians 
hadn't been illegally imprisoned for generations now.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:15 PM)Dill Wrote: You just accused student protestors of "uninformed bigotry." 
Was that not because they "disagree" with you? And didn't you mean to imply they were ignorant?

Yes, they are uninformed bigots.  If you can support Hamas you are either a bigot or you are uninformed as to what they do.  There is no other option.

Quote:When asked what excepts you from your own charge--suddenly you think "pomposity" is not a good look.
Was it a good look or "endlessly amusing" when you first made the charge?

I don't think a factual point accurately stated is pompous.

Quote:I haven't seen a lot of evidence that protestors are "with Hamas." They seem to be standing with
people illegally held under military occupation. That's why I asked you to supply evidence of Hamas advocacy.
Your evidence so far has been that they support Palestinians, and some Palestinians are Hamas.
Which I call, yes, bad reasoning, even if some Hamas are Palestinian. It is not a kind of reasoning
which can be aligned with the fundamentals of human rights law.

You're lying here and it would only take someone reading the last few posts to know it.  They advocate for freeing all Palestinian prisoners.  This includes a very large number of convicted Hamas murderers.  If the sign said free all non-Hamas prisoners you'd have a point.  It didn't, so you don't.  So this kid is either ignorant of the Hamas prisoners or they know and don't care, which which would them a bigoted terrorist supporter.

Quote:The question is whether freeing HAMAS prisoners is the point of freeing PALESTINIAN prisoners. 
I've seen no evidence it is. The protestors think the majority of the imprisoned are innocent.
They don't think its ok to keep that majority in prison, just to be sure Hamas stays in.

Yes, so they are ignorant or bigoted.  Freeing large numbers of convicted murderer terrorists is never a good idea, unless you're on their side.  And that would assume that every non-Hamas prisoner is unjustly imprisoned, which is an enormous stretch by any logical standard.

Quote:And they think there'd be no murdering raping Hamas pics in the first place if innocent Palestinians 
hadn't been illegally imprisoned for generations now.

Rather immaterial to the world we currently live in.  For whatever reason they exist, and as is typical of you, you place the blame more on others than the terrorists themselves, they exist.  Advocating for their freedom is either ignorant of what they've done, or bigoted support for what they've done.  There are no other options.

Thank you though, sincerely, for accurately portraying the cognitive dissonance required to be one of these protestors.  I couldn't have done it better myself.

Let me ask you this.  If a native American tribe left their reservation and raped and murdered the residents of a nearby American town, would that be warranted resistance to occupation?

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He/she/they had an audience with AOC earlier.

So we have a "student leader" making anti-zionist remarks which,
I'm happy to agree, are pretty incoherent and contradictory.
Won't object to "ignorant" either.

And now he is desperately walking back his comments.

The CUAD organized the protests. Are they treating him
as a spokesperson for the protest, or as a random
guy with a big mouth, now selected by a right wing news
organization to represent the protest as a whole?

Does he belong to or lead a student organization?
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:43 PM)Dill Wrote: And now he is desperately walking back his comments.

He/She/They. 

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:43 PM)Dill Wrote: So we have a "student leader" making anti-zionist remarks which,
I'm happy to agree, are pretty incoherent and contradictory.
Won't object to "ignorant" either.

And now he is desperately walking back his comments.

The CUAD organized the protests. Are they treating him
as a spokesperson for the protest, or as a random
guy with a big mouth, now selected by a right wing news
organization to represent the protest as a whole?

Does he belong to or lead a student organization?

I’ve seen outlets refer to him as a leader of the protest.
https://www.newsweek.com/who-khymani-james-columbia-protest-organizers-remarks-spark-fury-1894488

She apparently has status enough to lead a presser.

They also had an audience with a sitting US senator.

There goes the right, ***noticing*** shit. Seizing, pouncing, etc. Yawn
Reply/Quote
Nice dog whistle here, except it's not even trying to be subtle.

One has to wonder how long Omar can get away with saying things like this without the appropriate condemntaiton.

Reply/Quote
(2 hours ago)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nice dog whistle here, except it's not even trying to be subtle.

One has to wonder how long Omar can get away with saying things like this without the appropriate condemntaiton.

There’s condemnation I’ve seen out there, but it’s of the inappropriate variety. Again, pouncing, seizing, etc.

Reply/Quote
(1 hour ago)StoneTheCrow Wrote: There’s condemnation I’ve seen out there, but it’s of the inappropriate variety. Again, pouncing, seizing, etc.

This is going to be a bloodbath.  

Reply/Quote