Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-13-2018, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The offer still stands to post actual words. 

Dr. Benjamin Rush, a well known physician who signed the Declaration of Independence, shared his views of the subject matter-of-factly in his book of Medical Inquiries and Observations (1805).  Discussing blood-letting as a possible treatment to prevent miscarriage during the third month of pregnancy, when he believed there was a special tendency to spontaneous abortion, Rush asked the question, “what is an abortion but a haemoptysis (if I may be allowed the expression) from the uterus?”  A hemoptysis is the clinical term for the expectoration of blood or bloody sputum from the lungs or larynx.  In Rush’s mind what we would now call the three-month-old embryo was equivalent medically to what one might cough up when ill with the flu. 
(09-13-2018, 07:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A red herring is a distraction that has nothing to do with the issue being debated.  Since you are trying to claim that the word "inalienable" in the preamble to the DOI proves that the founding fathers opposed abortion because "life" could "never be taken away" I posted examples to prove you wrong.  I showed that even though the founding fathers said that "life" and "liberty" are "inalienable" rights they also agreed that both life and liberty could be taken away by slavery and capital punishment.

So there was no "red herring" at all.  Instead there were two examples of DIRECT PROOF that the founding fathers agreed "inalienable" rights could be taken away.

Yes I have.  Have you looked up the words "liberty" and "slavery"?  Have you looked up the word "life" and "capital punishment"?

I've posted exact words that the founding fathers wrote. You have been asked numerous times to post words to support your assumptions and as of yet have chosen not to do so. I can only assume you think the fathers meant something else when the wrote inalienable, but it doesn't change the words.

So for the final time: Do you have any actual words you want to share or just roll with your interpretation because of slavery.

EDIT: Oh I see you posted one of the founder's words on miscarriages. Not in any way one of those Red things.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-13-2018, 07:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A red herring is a distraction that has nothing to do with the issue being debated.  Since you are trying to claim that the word "inalienable" in the preamble to the DOI proves that the founding fathers opposed abortion because "life" could "never be taken away" I posted examples to prove you wrong.  I showed that even though the founding fathers said that "life" and "liberty" are "inalienable" rights they also agreed that both life and liberty could be taken away by slavery and capital punishment.

So there was no "red herring" at all.  Instead there were two examples of DIRECT PROOF that the founding fathers agreed "inalienable" rights could be taken away.

Yes I have.  Have you looked up the words "liberty" and "slavery"?  Have you looked up the word "life" and "capital punishment"?

I've posted exact words that the founding fathers wrote. You have been asked numerous times to post words to support your assumptions and as of yet have chosen not to do so. I can only assume you think the fathers meant something else when the wrote inalienable, but it doesn't change the words.

So for the final time: Do you have any actual words you want to share or just roll with your interpretation because of slavery, 

Back to the actual subject. What do folks think about Feinstien's declaration that she received secret information from a secret person about a secret matter?
https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/politics/8736877-181/sen-dianne-feinstein-gives-feds

(09-13-2018, 07:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Back to the actual subject. What do folks think about Feinstien's declaration that she received secret information from a secret person about a secret matter?
https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/politics/8736877-181/sen-dianne-feinstein-gives-feds

Does it say he didn’t pay taxes for the last ten years?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-13-2018, 08:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Does it say he didn’t pay taxes for the last ten years?

We don't know. We do know that it's about an unknow issue given by an unknown person. 

Where are all the transparency folks? 

(09-13-2018, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We don't know. We do know that it's about an unknow issue given by an unknown person. 

Where are all the transparency folks? 

Ok thought maybe it was from Harry Reid’s friend.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-13-2018, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've posted exact words that the founding fathers wrote. You have been asked numerous times to post words to support your assumptions and as of yet have chosen not to do so. I can only assume you think the fathers meant something else when the wrote inalienable, but it doesn't change the words.

So for the final time: Do you have any actual words you want to share or just roll with your interpretation because of slavery.

EDIT: Oh I see you posted one of the founder's words on miscarriages. Not in any way one of those Red things.

(09-13-2018, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've posted exact words that the founding fathers wrote. You have been asked numerous times to post words to support your assumptions and as of yet have chosen not to do so. I can only assume you think the fathers meant something else when the wrote inalienable, but it doesn't change the words.

So for the final time: Do you have any actual words you want to share or just roll with your interpretation because of slavery, 

You posted words that have nothing to do with abortion, and I have shown that the founding fathers believed that the "inalienable" rights of Liberty and Life could indeed be taken away by man.  You have no way of explaining how "liberty" was "inalienable" at the same time it was being taken away by some of the founding fathers themselves who owned slaves.

I have posted words of a founding father that says a fetus discharged in the third month is NOT A CHILD but instead nothing more than a bloody discharge.

There is also the fact that abortion was legal in the United States at the time when the founding fathers were shaping the laws of the land.

You've been owned.  Time to move on.
(09-13-2018, 07:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Back to the actual subject. What do folks think about Feinstien's declaration that she received secret information from a secret person about a secret matter?

I think she is telling the truth.

What do you think about it?
(09-13-2018, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where are all the transparency folks? 

Applauding Feinstein's decision to give the info to the proper authorities instead of refusing to turn it over.

Where are Donald Trumps tax returns?
(09-13-2018, 08:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have posted words of a founding father that says a fetus discharged in the third month is NOT A CHILD but instead nothing more than a bloody discharge.
You posted words about a founding father talking about miscarriage and care; so yes, a dead fetus could be considered a bloody discharge. Did you not notice the subject was about miscarriages? Nothing about an abortion of choice or aborting a live fetus. 

fredtoast Wrote:You've been owned.  Time to move on.

As long as you say so:

[Image: arguing-with-idiots-is-like-playing-ches...589203.png]

(09-13-2018, 08:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think she is telling the truth.

What do you think about it?

I think she's trying to delay. 

(09-13-2018, 08:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Applauding Feinstein's decision to give the info to the proper authorities instead of refusing to turn it over.

Where are Donald Trumps tax returns?

Now is THAT a red herring? Apparently, I do not know what one is. 

(09-13-2018, 08:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have posted words of a founding father that says a fetus discharged in the third month is NOT A CHILD but instead nothing more than a bloody discharge.
You posted words about a founding father talking about miscarriage and care; so yes, a dead fetus could be considered a bloody discharge. Did you not notice the subject was about miscarriages? Nothing about an abortion of choice or aborting a live fetus. 

fredtoast Wrote:You've been owned.  Time to move on.

As long as you say so:

[Image: arguing-with-idiots-is-like-playing-ches...589203.png]

(09-13-2018, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You posted words about a founding father talking about miscarriage and care; so yes, a dead fetus could be considered a bloody discharge. Did you not notice the subject was about miscarriages? Nothing about an abortion of choice or aborting a live fetus. 

No.  I did not notice that at all.

(09-13-2018, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rush asked the question, “what is an abortion but a haemoptysis (if I may be allowed the expression) from the uterus?”  A hemoptysis is the clinical term for the expectoration of blood or bloody sputum from the lungs or larynx.  In Rush’s mind what we would now call the three-month-old embryo was equivalent medically to what one might cough up when ill with the flu. 

**No pigeon meme needed because I own with facts**
(09-13-2018, 09:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I did not notice that.

Apparently the bold feature accidentally quit before you got to "of choice". 

I think your bolding parts of statements says enough. I gonna watch the game now. You go own someone else champ 

(09-13-2018, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently the bold feature accidentally quit before you got to "of choice". 

No accident.  
(09-13-2018, 09:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: **No pigeon meme needed because I own with facts**

You mean facts like the police can't order you to exit your vehicle?
(09-13-2018, 11:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You mean facts like the police can't order you to exit your vehicle?

That has nothing to do with this thread/topic.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-13-2018, 11:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: That has nothing to do with this thread/topic.

ThumbsUp

Neither does your response.

ThumbsUp

Another pathetic attempt to lobby for someone to be banned.  Sad.

Good day to you.