Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-20-2018, 01:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: If you read up on the attack they find any political public forum to infiltrate. Their reach extends further than Twitter/Facebook. I’ve called him out on it on numerous threads yet it’s Americans rushing to his defense. Not him. They don’t deny because  they know you are on to them.

The fact Trunp supporters (even as they deny their support) will attack you before a bot is unfortunate if not surprising. But we know this Russian tactic works.

Dude, get a hold of yourself.  You're starting to sound like a Liberal version of Alex Jones.   Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
For anyone else yes. A unapologetic bot. No. None of us should stand for a bot in our presence. No matter the side we are on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-20-2018, 01:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't tell if JJ is joking or if he really believes the Russians are infiltrating a relatively obscure message board.

It's hard to know with the extreme posters like jj, GA9, Lucie and Ballsofsteel.  The rational part of you really wants them to be alts/bots/trolls because the alternative is accepting that there are people who actually think and act like them.
Call me what you want. But only you are going down in history for attacking Americans on behalf of Russia. You got to do more than attacking kneeling to prove your love for this country.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-20-2018, 01:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's hard to know with the extreme posters like jj, GA9, Lucie and Ballsofsteel.  The rational part of you really wants them to be alts/bots/trolls because the alternative is accepting that there are people who actually think and act like them.

I'm pretty sure Lucie was exactly what he said he was.  I missed GA9 and I believe maybe he had some other names like Tommy or something?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-19-2018, 07:55 PM)Vlad Wrote: .not a peep out of democRATS when Keith Ellison was accused of assault by his ex girlfriend

Got to pull your head out of the echo chamber sometime Vlad

…...Democracy for America, one of many liberal groups that backed Ellison’s run for chairman of the DNC, offered a statement affirming female accusers without commenting on the veracity of the claims made by the ex-girlfriend, Karen Monahan, a Sierra Club organizer.

“Democracy for America is not in a position to evaluate allegations made against a candidate in the closing hours of an election, but, as an organization, we believe that every woman who tells her story deserves to be heard,” said DFA spokeswoman Annie Weinberg. “Domestic violence of any kind is unacceptable and has no place in our politics, period.”

…….MoveOn tweeted a statement saying it is “deeply concerned about allegations regarding Keith Ellison.”

“We will closely monitor this situation as more facts come to light,” the group added.

…….The Democratic Attorneys General Association executive director, Sean Rankin said “Any time we see allegations, we take it seriously, and we are watching what is happening in Minnesota to understand the facts of this particular situation.”
(09-20-2018, 01:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm pretty sure Lucie was exactly what he said he was.  I missed GA9 and I believe maybe he had some other names like Tommy or something?

TommyC!  I was trying to think of GA9's next iteration and couldn't recall it.  Thank you!
(09-20-2018, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Got to pull your head out of the echo chamber sometime Vlad

…...Democracy for America, one of many liberal groups that backed Ellison’s run for chairman of the DNC, offered a statement affirming female accusers without commenting on the veracity of the claims made by the ex-girlfriend, Karen Monahan, a Sierra Club organizer.

“Democracy for America is not in a position to evaluate allegations made against a candidate in the closing hours of an election, but, as an organization, we believe that every woman who tells her story deserves to be heard,” said DFA spokeswoman Annie Weinberg. “Domestic violence of any kind is unacceptable and has no place in our politics, period.”

…….MoveOn tweeted a statement saying it is “deeply concerned about allegations regarding Keith Ellison.”

“We will closely monitor this situation as more facts come to light,” the group added.

…….The Democratic Attorneys General Association executive director, Sean Rankin said “Any time we see allegations, we take it seriously, and we are watching what is happening in Minnesota to understand the facts of this particular situation.”

Yet we really don't hear about it much anymore.

Back to the thread topic, now that you have a greater understanding of the nature of the allegations, could you please explain to us as a defense attorney how you would defend Kavanaugh against these allegations if he were your client?
(09-19-2018, 09:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kudos to Hills for being able to keep a straight face when answering this question:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/09/18/maddow_to_hillary_clinton_do_you_support_due_process_for_kavanaugh_after_bill_clinton_allegations.html

She seems very concerned about the accuser and not too much about the accused. 2funny.

Why would she not be able to keep a straight face when saying that Kavanaugh deserves due process.

Not sure what your point is.  What do you think she should have said instead?
I keep seeing this “no crime was committed” defense. When did attempted rape become not a crime?
(09-20-2018, 02:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yet we really don't hear about it much anymore.

Back to the thread topic, now that you have a greater understanding of the nature of the allegations, could you please explain to us as a defense attorney how you would defend Kavanaugh against these allegations if he were your client?

It is impossible to develop a defense strategy without knowing more.

How did this lady know who Kavanuagh and his friend were back then?  How did they come in contact with each other?  What other people knew about how they knew each other?  What motive would she have for lying?  Did she have a boyfriend at the time?  Did something happen that she is misrepresenting?  Could she have mistaken someone else for Kavanaugh?

She clearly is not just making all of this up.  If she was then she would not have include Kavanaugh's friend in the story because that supplies Kavanaugh with a witness to support his claim that nothing happened.

It is not as simple as you seem to believe.  Too many questions left unanswered if you just try to claim she is making this all up now. 
(09-20-2018, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is impossible to develop a defense strategy without knowing more.

How did this lady know who Kavanuagh and his friend were back then?  How did they come in contact with each other?  What other people knew about how they knew each other?  What motive would she have for lying?  Did she have a boyfriend at the time?  Did something happen that she is misrepresenting?  Could she have mistaken someone else for Kavanaugh?

She clearly is not just making all of this up.  If she was then she would not have include Kavanaugh's friend in the story because that supplies Kavanaugh with a witness to support his claim that nothing happened.

It is not as simple as you seem to believe.  Too many questions left unanswered if you just try to claim she is making this all up now. 

I didn't say it was simple or imply that it was.  I asked how you would approach such an accusation as a defense attorney based on the information we have at the moment.  If you're not game to do so, no big deal.
(09-20-2018, 01:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm pretty sure Lucie was exactly what he said he was.  

Thats a big nope on that one.  Definitely not a bot, you couldn't program AI to incorporate grammatical and spelling errors so effectively.  

But he definitely was NOT what he said he was in real life.  
(09-20-2018, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would she not be able to keep a straight face when saying that Kavanaugh deserves due process.

Not sure what your point is.  What do you think she should have said instead?

I suppose you'd have to listen to the content of the entire reply and just not the last couple words (but everybody knows how much you love just quoting part of a message). It is clear to the casual viewer that she is siding with the accuser in this case. I cannot access the vid currently but there's a part where she says there's no resolution for the accuser because she cannot prove it or they cannot stop the accused from lying.

If you can watch that answer and not find it totally contrary to her actions when her husband was accused then I can only lead the horse to water.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-20-2018, 01:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Call me what you want. But only you are going down in history for attacking Americans on behalf of Russia. You got to do more than attacking kneeling to prove your love for this country.

Comrade,  you called me a Russia lover yesterday because I support putting a US Base in Poland. You might be seeing some things that just aren't there.

(09-20-2018, 02:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I keep seeing this “no crime was committed” defense. When did attempted rape become not a crime?

As described it would certainly be sexual battery.  If the accusation is true there's no way anyone could logically claim no crime was committed.  As to whether it would have ever been filed by the DA, based on experience I'd say there's little to no chance that the incident would have been prosecuted had it been reported back then.  The DA tends to avoid "one on one" cases, essentially when the only evidence is one person's word against another.  Throw in the drinking teenagers and the fuzzy memory about most of the incident and you're looking at a DIE, declined to file due to insufficient evidence.
(09-20-2018, 02:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I keep seeing this “no crime was committed” defense. When did attempted rape become not a crime?

When you've not been convicted of doing it.

(09-20-2018, 02:39 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Thats a big nope on that one.  Definitely not a bot, you couldn't program AI to incorporate grammatical and spelling errors so effectively.  

But he definitely was NOT what he said he was in real life.  

Hmmmm....you seem to know a lot about this person.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-20-2018, 03:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When you've not been convicted of doing it.

I think you misunderstood what I asking. There have been people saying that even if what Dr. Ford says happened, there was no crime because he wasn’t able to go through with it. Those might not realize attempted rape is a crime, the rapist doesn’t have to make penetration, to have committed a crime.
(09-20-2018, 04:21 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think you misunderstood what I asking. There have been people saying that even if what Dr. Ford says happened, there was no crime because he wasn’t able to go through with it. Those might not realize attempted rape is a crime, the rapist doesn’t have to make penetration, to have committed a crime.

Ah, could be because they don't want the burden of truth associated with a criminal charge