Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-27-2018, 12:13 AM)Dill Wrote: I've heard that the most hyper-partisan of these leftist extremists even condone misogyny and support ISIS. 

So inane!

If that doesn't turn people off from "liberalism" nothing will.

Still haven't squared supporting women and the organization most responsible for their oppression on the planet, eh?  Not to worry, I'm sure your logical inconsistencies don't trouble you at all.  Now, if we can leave your support for Islamic oppression of women aside and get to the thread topic?
I just heard that Grassley has a sworn statement by a man who says he is the one who assaulted Ford, not Kavanaugh.

Do I believe it? I don't know, this thing is getting crazy especially with this third accusation. Seriously, how could Kavanaugh be the ring leader of a child gang rape organization that absolutely no one has brought forward...until now.

Democrats are out of their minds, only the far left loons will vote for these people in November...absolutely unbelievable that these accusers are connected by Katz and people believe these stories. I don't know if the second accuser is connected in any way to Katz but the first and third are.

As with Ford, I believe something happened to her but I don't think it was Kavanaugh and I don't know if this new guy who's come forward is responsible either.

EDIT: If this comes out tomorrow, about this second man, and Ford says, "OH MY GOD, IT WAS HIM! I am so sorry, I can't believe I did this" does she get a pass?

Second EDIT: And what happens to the man who came forward taking responsibility?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Does Kavanagh have a twin brother cause two more women came toward with accusations.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brett-kavanaugh-faces-fourth-misconduct-investigation-senate-investigating-report-1147304
(09-27-2018, 06:28 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Does Kavanagh have a twin brother cause two more women came toward with accusations.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brett-kavanaugh-faces-fourth-misconduct-investigation-senate-investigating-report-1147304

Yeah at this point if you're Trump I think you just hand the Dems the win, and move on.  Try to get another one done by Jan 2. I'm pretty sure they would lose at least two senators anyway.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2018, 12:08 AM)Vlad Wrote: I can see especially see the second one happening.

"You are so courageous".

Any woman who speaks out about her assault is courageous.

Proof? Because of posts like this:

(09-27-2018, 12:08 AM)Vlad Wrote: Nauseating.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-26-2018, 09:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You notice Fred acknowledged all of these but had to call out opposition to "common sense" gun laws.  That's the problem with political extremists.  You either have to buy their whole agenda or you are the enemy.  God forbid someone acknowledge that one political party or ideology can't have the correct answer to every question.  Matt probably forgot to add the extremism of the far left posters on this board, they can be quite a turn off to liberalism as well.

I think this is why even though my ideology is more left than a lot of people, my desire for data-driven policy solutions is a bit of a different category. My ideology is more about what the role of the government should be, not the policies themselves. I want a solid social safety net, but the policies to get there need to have evidence behind them. I want criminal justice reform, but I want comprehensive solutions that focus on the root causes of crime and not just looking at the surface.

But that's not what plays well in campaigns or on television from the Senate floor.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-27-2018, 08:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah at this point if you're Trump I think you just hand the Dems the win, and move on.  Try to get another one done by Jan 2.  I'm pretty sure they would lose at least two senators anyway.

ThumbsUp

Totally agree. that is why I said this yesterday:

(09-26-2018, 02:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: If they are ALL just "making it up for political purposes" they will have their lives and careers ruined because of it.  Seems like a big risk just to stop one guy from being on the court when there is a list of guys just like him (politically and ideologically) right behind him.

At some point it is just Trump's stubbornness to prove he is "right". And he might be...but sometimes you have pick your battles.
Kav made a significant misstep with his Fox News interview (they never help anyone outside their base).

His virgin Catholic play was too far to the extreme. Left him no room to even have been drinking etc, which at the worse it looks like he had been doing from an early age.

Playing a virgin with a suspect background, will bring folks out to counter a narrative like that. That's exactly what is happening now.

It also hurt his defenders who had been giving him the "just a high school kid doing high school kid things" excuse. So they have quit defending him because they can no longer say he was doing typical high school/freshman in college things. This interview will be what ended his nomination in retrospect.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-27-2018, 09:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: Kav made a significant misstep with his Fox News interview (they never help anyone outside their base).

His virgin Catholic play was too far to the extreme. Left him no room to even have been drinking etc, which at the worse it looks like he had been doing from an early age.

Playing a virgin with a suspect background, will bring folks out to counter a narrative like that. That's exactly what is happening now.

It also hurt his defenders who had been giving him the "just a high school kid doing high school kid things" excuse. So they have quit defending him because they can no longer say he was doing typical high school/freshman in college things. This interview will be what ended his nomination in retrospect.

I don't believe he ever denied that he was a partier.  He just said he was a virgin.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-26-2018, 11:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Comparing yourself to the most extreme among us rather looks like claiming you're not as racist as a Klan member.  It may be true, but it's still not a good look.

Comparing me to the most extreme among us isn't a good look for you either, yet here we are.

Cool
This whole fiasco is so disheartening. I'm ashamed to be a Democrat and I won't be much longer. No way in hell after all this time that any of this wouldn't have come out by now. Absolutley disgusting....
He said he was a virgin who was only focused on service, academics, and athletics.

For the record, and I hope people don't take this the wrong way, but I don't consider running a train on a women necessarily rape.

Society treats women like anytime anything sexual happens it's because they were bamboozled by the man/men (where are the feminist?!). Women have sexual needs and fantasies too. Alcohol being involved gives an out to the embarrassment of it all, but they shouldn't get such an easy out for decisions they made.

Now if they were passed out that's one thing (or if they said no, was forced to etc). That is rape. No denying that. But no one said these women were passed out. And only one (Ford) said she wasn't down for it. Most of these other cases the women were just drunk and had been to multiple parties like this so they knew alcohol and likely drugs were there. Which.... well... if they are excused for a bad decision while drunk, then a man should be too.

Therefore the Ford case as of now is the only case I am interested in.

(09-27-2018, 09:53 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: This whole fiasco is so disheartening. I'm ashamed to be a Democrat and I won't be much longer. No way in hell after all this time that any of this wouldn't have come out by now. Absolutley disgusting....

Certainly your right.

Best of luck voting for the party that refused for over 10 months to hold a vote for a candidate with no scandals at all and was spoken highly about from both Dems and Republicans all because they didn't like the POTUS..... shrugs. Wish more people thought that was disheartening and disgusting. But they didn't. That party was rewarded for that behavior with more seats in Congress and the Presidency.

Time for American voters to stop holding Dems more accountable then Republicans. That's why Dems are losing. They can't play the game like Republicans (with the conspiracy theories, fake news, political games McConnell Senate, and disgraceful President) because folks hold them to higher standards.

So two separate guys claimed they did it not Kavanaugh? Seems like they should have coordinated that better. With them both claiming it was them to me it makes it less likely it was either.
(09-27-2018, 09:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't believe he ever denied that he was a partier.  He just said he was a virgin.  

I remember at least one of the guys who showed up on To Catch a Predator with Chris Hansen tried that whole "I'm still a virgin" line to try to excuse the fact that they were there to sodomize an underaged girl.  Classic.  Anywho, I'm sure this judge guy is clean as a whistle, who cares?  Boys will be boys and blah blah blah.
Ezra Klein‏Verified account @ezraklein · 50s50 seconds ago
That Republicans have refused to subpoena Mark Judge is the key tell in all this. There's no real effort to find the truth here that doesn't include Judge testifying, given his centrality in both the Ford and Swetnick allegations.

I agree. If Judge had anything positive to say they'd bring him out and have him defend Kav. They are hiding him for a reason. When it comes to politics, it isn't the rhetoric, it's the actions. That's the key to figuring out the truth.

One thing I found funny was during Fiestien's opening. She shared her experiences of watching the Anita Hill hearing and being appalled that the Senate placed the burden of truth was on MS Hill. She's so far gone that she thinks it's appalling that burden of truth lie with the accuser.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Ford just testified under oath that she requested Sen. Feinstein to not share her letter (which was already reported outside of Fox News). A big Trump supporters talking point down in flames.

(09-27-2018, 11:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: Ford just testified under oath that she requested Sen. Feinstein to not share her letter (which was already reported outside of Fox News). A big Trump supporters talking point down in flames.

No we all knew that was the excuse.  What we are supposed to believe is that she thought an anonymous letter would be enough to stop the confirmation.  

I trust someone testifying under oath over someone on a message board desperate to defend Kav. You must not be listening? She went into detail as to why she wanted to remain anonymous. And it ended that talking point.

Peep how quick Republicans are trying to shut her up by keeping her to 5 minutes just as she was getting into details.