Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-27-2018, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not sad.  It is true.

Not one senator will describe Kavanaugh as "handsome, a good witness".

So in Fred logic: It cannot be sad if it's true?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Kav has already messed up by focusing on politics, blaming Dems and siting conspiracy theories. Something Ford never even mentioned (politics). It's like Trump wrote his introduction.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
That dude is pretty emotionnal for a judge. I wouldn't have put a bet on it when he met M.Rosenberg.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(09-27-2018, 04:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Kav has already messed up by focusing on politics, blaming Dems and siting conspiracy theories. Something Ford never even mentioned (politics). It's like Trump wrote his introduction.

But he said it under oath.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2018, 04:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Kav has already messed up by focusing on politics, blaming Dems and siting conspiracy theories. Something Ford never even mentioned (politics). It's like Trump wrote his introduction.

Well as far as I know, no GOP member called her evil or suggested people would die because of her. 

(09-27-2018, 04:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But he said it under oath.

Well we know JJ believes it, if it said under oath. 

(09-27-2018, 04:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But he said it under oath.

Which means it's true because who's going to lie under oath? Am I right?  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-27-2018, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well as far as I know, no GOP member called her evil or suggested people would die because of her. 

Does any of hs statements taint his objectivity?  Given his deep disdain for those who said bad things about him, can he hear a case in which a democrat is involved or just those specific ones?

Probably best if he didn't play the victim card even if he feels he is.  Just a bad look.  

Defend your innocence...that has nothing to do with your politics.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
When the Republicans decide what is perjury, Ford should fear lying under oath, Kav shouldn't....Obviously. Given he is using right wing talking points and attacking Dems with conspiracy theories.

That's why he's avoiding the FBI. Perjury there will put both of them in jeopardy of prison. Not just one.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-27-2018, 04:38 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That dude is pretty emotionnal for a judge. I wouldn't have put a bet on it when he met M.Rosenberg.

It's not often that someone has to prove their innocence in front of the world. Especially a guy that is married with daughters. So if he is guilty of what he is accused of, he is doing a good job in denying it by showing emotion like he is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(09-27-2018, 04:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Does any of hs statements taint his objectivity?  Given his deep disdain for those who said bad things about him, can he hear a case in which a democrat is involved or just those specific ones?

Probably best if he didn't play the victim card even if he feels he is.  Just a bad look.  

Defend your innocence...that has nothing to do with your politics.

You can go with him looking bad if you wish. He was defending his innocence as he suggested the spiteful words said by the left may motivate someone to do whatever he/she can to stop his nomination.

He's mentioned nothing of their political views, just their personal hate. 

(09-27-2018, 04:54 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It's not often that someone has to prove their innocence in front of the world. Especially a guy that is married with daughters. So if he is guilty of what he is accused of, he is doing a good job in denying it by showing emotion like he is.

I would say that for a judge, it's business as usual except he's on the other side.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(09-27-2018, 04:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: When the Republicans decide what is perjury, Ford should fear lying under oath, Kav shouldn't....Obviously. Given he is using right wing talking points and attacking Dems with conspiracy theories.

What conspiracy theories? That Feinstein and others are using this allegation as political ammunition instead of handling it as it should have been when they received Ford's letter?

Feinstein is also the same one with a few other Democrats calling that Kavanaugh to remove himself, that ignored and didn't pursue rape allegations against Bill Clinton that arose during his presidency. We are beyond conspiracy theories when people like her have handled this situation the way they have while ignoring past allegations against one of their own.

No wonder America has more positive views on the ebola virus than Congress with the likes of Feinstein and Mitch McConnell having as much influence as they do.

(09-27-2018, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can go with him looking bad if you wish. He was defending his innocence as he suggested the spiteful words said by the left may motivate someone to do whatever he/she can to stop his nomination.

He's mentioned nothing of their political views, just their personal hate. 

I suppose someone of a particular slant could see it that way.
(09-27-2018, 05:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: I suppose someone of a particular slant could see it that way.

Yeah, I'm most likely not looking at it with as an open mind as you. 

Gotta say that I would be forceful (and perhaps come across as angry) if I was proclaiming my innocence also.

I don't take his tone as a sign of anything other than his way of defending himself.

He's done other things wrong when it's come to defending himself but his tone isn't one of them.
(09-27-2018, 04:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So in Fred logic: It cannot be sad if it's true?

Exactly.  There is nothing sad about calling a sexist a sexist.
BK is lying his ass off. He's drinking gallons of water and doing alot of sniffling. He would be a bad poker player. When he is done testifying his handlers will tell him, when axed about the rabbit faces, just say you were getting over a cold. Problem solved.
Break time 4:11 pm.
There was another politician who had cocaine nose when being axed some questions but I can't remember is name at the moment.
(09-27-2018, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I'm most likely not looking at it with as an open mind as you. 

Admitting you have a problem is half the battle.  Good job.   ThumbsUp

WTS bringing up politics sound like an excuse versus saying it doesn't matter why or who or what but that he is innocent and he will answer any and all questions about it.

Again, I tend to watch these types of things through the eyes of a guy watching the media so maybe I'm just looking at the optics of it.  His PR guy didn't give him good advice.