Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
What is Flake up to? He isn't up for reelection.... A book deal? He's doing the most.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-28-2018, 02:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So it seems Flake will vote to move it to the full senate, but with a delay in the vote in the Senate in order to have an FBI investigation.

Which is silly and grandstanding. The committee doesn't have the power to do that. Hell, Senate doesn't have the power to do that
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-28-2018, 03:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which is silly and grandstanding. The committee doesn't have the power to do that. Hell, Senate doesn't have the power to do that

I think he can say they won't have his vote though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-28-2018, 03:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: What is Flake up to? He isn't up for reelection.... A book deal? He's doing the most.

You get to be important for a week.  last hoorah.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-28-2018, 03:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: What is Flake up to? He isn't up for reelection.... A book deal? He's doing the most.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-28-2018, 03:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2024

Maybe. That definitely is Politics for you. Planning a head for the next election. Even if it is 6 years away.

(09-28-2018, 03:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You get to be important for a week.  last hoorah.

Right. Just to vote yes in the end. How many time will Americans fall for this type of words speak louder than actions politics.

(09-28-2018, 03:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Right. Just to vote yes in the end. How many time will Americans fall for this type of words speak louder than actions politics.

So, let's say that they do an investigation.  Let's say that it's shown that Dr. Ford and the others are all big liars.  Just how many of those Democrat Senators will be voting Yea to confirming Kavanaugh?  Hell, for that matter, just how many of them would be willing to apologize to the man, for calling him things like rapist?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-28-2018, 03:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, let's say that they do an investigation.  Let's say that it's shown that Dr. Ford and the others are all big liars.  Just how many of those Democrat Senators will be voting Yea to confirming Kavanaugh?  Hell, for that matter, just how many of them would be willing to apologize to the man, for calling him things like rapist?

Zero...they were never going to vote for him. The goal was to stall the vote or sway the Republican members of the committee to vote no on the nomination going to the full senate.

Personally, I’d love an investigation so that all the accusations would get shredded and any doubt removed as to the evil intentions from the left. But it needs to be done in a timely manner such as Senator Flake proposes and if it’s found again that there’s nothing to this the vote needs to happen before midterms.

If there’s evidence that comes out proving Kavenaugh is a sexual predator I am all for Trump withdrawing his nomination. As of right now there’s zero evidence to corroborate Dr. Fords claims and plenty to corroborate Kavenaughs.
(09-28-2018, 02:55 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: You honestly think that these thing happened and weren’t found in any of his 6 background checks for any of the other positions he held including working under Bush and flying on Air Force One?  

Haha...his temperament...something this guy’s worked for his entire life, dedicated his life...and he’s as close as one gets to achieving his life’s goals and somebody falsely accuses him of something like this.  How the heck is the guy supposed to respond?  

This entire process was a sham...Feinstein knew that had this been out earlier this paper thin accusation would have been proven false so quick to not even have any chance to stall the nomination.  This is 100% a sham to stall the nomination.  

Anybody who seriously defends the way Kavenaugh was treated is a terrible human being and I pray and hope for their sake they never have to endure what this man and his family had to.

Yes. His prior background checks did not look for what he has been accused of here. If there was no police report and no one they interviewed mentioned it, they would not have had a reason to look for it before the accusation.

He can behave like a judge. Instead, he chose to act hotheaded and politically biased while making unfounded accusations. Yeah... America expect more from a judge, especially a SCOTUS judge. But his demonstration was done for the behalf of the GOP senators on the committee and for the President. How encouraging is it to know we may soon have a SCOTUS judge who not only doesn't act refined and impartial as a judge should, but also can't think for himself and has to be spoon-fed partisan dribble.

Hearing accusations about someone wanting a federal position isn't a sham. The sham is trying to cover them up. Apparently, the committee agreed.

Enough with the "how much he has suffered!!!" crap. Some people make this sound like he was tortured by the North Vietnamese for years. Please. He sat for an extended job interview. He couldn't get through that without crying and screaming like a three year old. What a freaking nancyboy!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(09-28-2018, 03:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, let's say that they do an investigation.  Let's say that it's shown that Dr. Ford and the others are all big liars.  Just how many of those Democrat Senators will be voting Yea to confirming Kavanaugh?  Hell, for that matter, just how many of them would be willing to apologize to the man, for calling him things like rapist?

That's a good question, Sunset, though I did not hear any Democratic senators calling Kavanaugh a "rapist."  I am not sure they should apologize for due diligence.

Your question goes the other way as well. If stories that Kavanaugh and his gang were drunken predators is corroborated, how many Republicans would still vote for him?
(09-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yes. His prior background checks did not look for what he has been accused of here. If there was no police report and no one they interviewed mentioned it, they would not have had a reason to look for it before the accusation.

He can behave like a judge. Instead, he chose to act hotheaded and politically biased while making unfounded accusations. Yeah... America expect more from a judge, especially a SCOTUS judge. But his demonstration was done for the behalf of the GOP senators on the committee and for the President. How encouraging is it to know we may soon have a SCOTUS judge who not only doesn't act refined and impartial as a judge should, but also can't think for himself and has to be spoon-fed partisan dribble.

Hearing accusations about someone wanting a federal position isn't a sham. The sham is trying to cover them up. Apparently, the committee agreed.

Enough with the "how much he has suffered!!!" crap. Some people make this sound like he was tortured by the North Vietnamese for years. Please. He sat for an extended job interview. He couldn't get through that without crying and screaming like a three year old. What a freaking nancyboy!!

If you had some sort of super secret knowledge that we was completely innocent, I don't believe you would feel the same way about his behavior.  

(09-28-2018, 03:34 PM)Dill Wrote: That's a good question, Sunset, though I did not hear any Democratic senators calling Kavanaugh a "rapist."  I am not sure they should apologize for due diligence.

Your question goes the other way as well. If stories that Kavanaugh and his gang were drunken predators is corroborated, how many Republicans would still vote for him?

Proven?  None.

The real question here is, how many of the GOP members of the committee would vote against Kavanaugh if the FBI report indicated there was information to substantiate the allegations?

How many of the good ole boys would be willing to vote against the wishes of Dear Leader Trump?
(09-28-2018, 03:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If you had some sort of super secret knowledge that we was completely innocent, I don't believe you would feel the same way about his behavior.  

I'd still think he was a drama queen. Maybe a vindicated drama queen. Still a drama queen.

But as I said. the demonstration he gave wasn't about that anyway. It was about putting on a show for others.
(09-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yes. His prior background checks did not look for what he has been accused of here. If there was no police report and no one they interviewed mentioned it, they would not have had a reason to look for it before the accusation.

Literally nothing you stated actually happened. It must be nice living in lala land. Maybe you will be so lucky to find yourself in the same predicament Kavenaugh now has to defend himself from. Kavenaugh will be the next Supreme Court Justice! But at least you will always have this message forum to come cry to.
(09-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He can behave like a judge. Instead, he chose to act hotheaded and politically biased while making unfounded accusations. Yeah... America expect more from a judge, especially a SCOTUS judge. But his demonstration was done for the behalf of the GOP senators on the committee and for the President. How encouraging is it to know we may soon have a SCOTUS judge who not only doesn't act refined and impartial as a judge should, but also can't think for himself and has to be spoon-fed partisan dribble.

In earlier times, that outburst would have killed his nomination.

But in these times, and to a large segment of voters, it is not neither an "outburst," nor "politically biased" nor tossing around "unfounded accusations."  It is, to that audience, exactly what Kavanaugh claims--revenge for the Clintons. 

The belligerent and accusatory behavior is for that audience also a plus, not a sign of unfitness, lack of composure and balance.

"America," or that part which elected Trump, no longer expects more of presidents.  Why would they expect more of a Supreme Court nominee?
Perfect timing. Im a huge fan of the circus and ringling bros shut down.

Thanks Trump and all the crooked scumbag repubs for bringing the circus back to town.

Proud time to be an American as one side who won with the minority of votes tries to jam a drunken sexual predator onto the scotus. Good stuff repubs. You guys are showing true values
(09-28-2018, 03:41 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Literally nothing you stated actually happened.  It must be nice living in lala land.  Maybe you will be so lucky to find yourself in the same predicament Kavenaugh now has to defend himself from.  Kavenaugh will be the next Supreme Court Justice!  But at least you will always have this message forum to come cry to.

Kaanaugh didn't defend himself from anything. He denied the accusations, evaded questions put to him, explained about how he "played basketball", and went on a biased emotional rant about how "the Clintons are out to get me!!!". But it didn't matter anyway since he had the partisan good ole boys on the committee to pat him on the back and push him through.

And, if makes you feel any better, I have had to face false accusations in a hearing before. Frankly, I didn't have time to act like a drama queen towards the accuser as I had to collect and present the evidence and actually defend myself, unlike Kavanaugh.

But we do agree that Kavanaugh will be the next SCOTUS justice. The good ole boys will push that through for him. because having a partisan court is more important to them than any actual semblance of justice.
(09-28-2018, 03:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Kaanaugh didn't defend himself from anything. He denied the accusations, evaded questions put to him, explained about how he "played basketball", and went on a biased emotional rant about how "the Clintons are out to get me!!!". But it didn't matter anyway since he had the partisan good ole boys on the committee to pat him on the back and push him through.

And, if makes you feel any better, I have had to face false accusations in a hearing before. Frankly, I didn't have time to act like a drama queen towards the accuser as I had to collect and present the evidence and actually defend myself, unlike Kavanaugh.

But we do agree that Kavanaugh will be the next SCOTUS justice. The good ole boys will push that through for him. because having a partisan court is more important to them than any actual semblance of justice.

He didn't say the clintons were out to get him.  He said it was revenge on behalf of the clintons.  Based on this thread you would be considered a liar. (Please do not confuse this with something that may be said by someone else in a later post.  Say What   )