Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Abortion Question
(09-27-2015, 11:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We have been over this before.  Simple biology states spermatozoa and ova are already alive before conception.  If either or both the spermatozoa and/or ova are not alive then conception will not occur.

Just because you were incorrect before, doesn't mean time makes you right.

Simple biology states Human Life begins at conception. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2015, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just because you were incorrect before, doesn't mean time makes you right.

Simple biology states Human Life begins at conception. 

Again, "simple" biology states a single celled gamete such as a spermatozoa or a an ovum is alive no different than a single celled zygote immediately after conception.  If you didn't "ignore science" you would admit it.

You're just trying to muddy the waters, so to speak, because you're after when does the rights of the zygote/blastocyst/embryo/fetus supersede the rights of the mother.  So Matt's question is a better question despite whatever BS you claim.
(09-27-2015, 12:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Again, "simple" biology states a single celled gamete such as a spermatozoa or a an ovum is alive no different than a single celled zygote immediately after conception.  If you didn't "ignore science" you would admit it.

You're just trying to muddy the waters, so to speak, because you're after when does the rights of the zygote/blastocyst/embryo/fetus supersede the rights of the mother.  So Matt's question is a better question despite whatever BS you claim.

Let's see who muddies the water:

I say human life begins at conception

You say....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2015, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's see who muddies the water:

You say....

Sometimes things aren't so black and white, no matter how much you'd like them to be.
(09-27-2015, 12:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Name one person who believes it is "cool."

When you sit back and say nothing while babies are murdered . You either are ok with it and think it's cool or your just ignorant. Then hide behind the word "choice" to make it seem like baby murder is ok . Your right there is a choice, the choice to not murder a baby.
(09-27-2015, 01:02 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Sometimes things aren't so black and white, no matter how much you'd like them to be.

This is true but the choice between life and death is still the choice. Reasonable people choose life .
(09-27-2015, 01:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is true but the choice between life and death is still the choice.   Reasonable people choose life .

I agree most reasonable people would choose life.  Unfortunately Their are gray areas and I can not make that decision for others. At least not on this subject.

You say....

(09-27-2015, 01:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you sit back and say nothing while babies are murdered .  You either are ok with it and think it's cool or your just ignorant.   Then hide behind the word "choice" to make it seem like baby murder is ok .   Your right there is a choice, the choice to not murder a baby.

[Image: 002.jpg?t=1307938491]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

You say....

I already told you the cells involved during fertilization are already alive before conception.  If they are already alive how can life "begin" when live cells are required for conception to occur?

"Simple" biology tells us a single celled gamete is alive the same as a single celled zygote.  However, you assign rights to the zygote you don't assign to the gamete based upon your religion and misunderstanding of "simple" biology.  Also, because you don't want to assign the same rights to the gametes you do to the zygote even though biologically both are alive.  Additionally, a gamete is potentially an new human the same as a zygote is potentially a new human given specific conditions that are conducible to continued development.  They are just in different stages of continued development.

I would think a literalist like yourself would have figured out by now "life" began in Genesis.  As I have explained before, a life cycle is called a cycle because is it cyclical.  Life "began" with the first animate cell and it is passed from one generation to the next and it repeats over and over.  That's why it is a cycle.  If there is a break in the life cycle then life doesn't continue, e.g. infertility resulting in inanimate spermatozoa or ova.  That's probably a little more complicated than you wished for and I doubt you are satisfied with the answer since it doesn't support your agenda, but tough.  Again, you want to know the answer to Matt's question because you aren't debating science; you're debating religion, philosophy, and the law of when the rights of the fetus supersede the rights of the mother. 
(09-27-2015, 01:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you sit back and say nothing while babies are murdered .  You either are ok with it and think it's cool or your just ignorant.   Then hide behind the word "choice" to make it seem like baby murder is ok .   Your right there is a choice, the choice to not murder a baby.

Again, name one person who believes abortion is cool.
(09-27-2015, 01:25 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I agree most reasonable people would choose life.  Unfortunately Their are gray areas and I can not make that decision for others. At least not on this subject.

Agree, some of these grey areas I think could be worked out with some flexibility. Problem is there is a lack motivation for anyone to be flexible when they keep up arguing extremes on both sides.
(09-27-2015, 01:37 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Again, name one person who believes abortion is cool.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/05/woman-films-her-own-abortion-to-show-world-how-cool-it-is/
(09-27-2015, 01:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agree, some of these grey areas I think could be worked out with some flexibility.   Problem is there is a lack motivation for anyone to be flexible when they keep up arguing extremes on both sides.

Extremes like arguing people think it is cool to get an abortion.
(09-27-2015, 01:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 002.jpg?t=1307938491]

IT'S ALIIIIIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
(09-27-2015, 01:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you sit back and say nothing while babies are murdered . You either are ok with it and think it's cool or your just ignorant. Then hide behind the word "choice" to make it seem like baby murder is ok . Your right there is a choice, the choice to not murder a baby.

Being pro-choice doesn't mean you are not in favor of, or are not doing things, to reduce abortion frequency. Focusing on reducing the perceived need for abortions by improving sexual education and access to family planning resources including, but not limited to, contraceptive services is something every person I know that is pro-choice is pushing for. These things will reduce abortion frequency in this country if implemented. The numbers prove this all over the world.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-27-2015, 01:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agree, some of these grey areas I think could be worked out with some flexibility.   Problem is there is a lack motivation for anyone to be flexible when they keep up arguing extremes on both sides.

I agree that arguing the extremes of either side is usually not productive.  That's why I don't refer to people that are pro-choice as being "cool" with "baby murder", because it doesn't accurately describe their position. I also understand that pro-lifers believe life to be precious, and I do agree with that.  However I also understand that how ugly it may be, there are circumstances in which a pregnancy may need to be terminated.  I think we all agree that if it comes to that, the sooner the better and it should be done medically and as humanely as possible.  Again it's a very personal matter and not my place to make that decision for you.
(09-27-2015, 01:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/05/woman-films-her-own-abortion-to-show-world-how-cool-it-is/

I wasn't able to watch the video because it isn't available.  But, I read the article and I read the Cosmo article.  She has an unusual affect (to be polite), but at no time does she call abortion cool as the reporter implies.  That is the epitome of irresponsible and misleading journalism.  Most people would be too embarrassed to claim that would said abortion was cool, but not you.  Just more of you arguing an extreme.
(09-27-2015, 11:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: yes unfortunately we live in a place where murdering babies is easy and cool to some.

Doesn't matter that you call it murder either.
(09-27-2015, 04:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wasn't able to watch the video because it isn't available.  But, I read the article and I read the Cosmo article.  She has an unusual affect (to be polite), but at no time does she call abortion cool as the reporter implies.  That is the epitome of irresponsible and misleading journalism.  Most people would be too embarrassed to claim that would said abortion was cool, but not you.  Just more of you arguing an extreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn-GL0ZD1Tg
(09-27-2015, 03:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Being pro-choice doesn't mean you are not in favor of, or are not doing things, to reduce abortion frequency. Focusing on reducing the perceived need for abortions by improving sexual education and access to family planning resources including, but not limited to, contraceptive services is something every person I know that is pro-choice is pushing for. These things will reduce abortion frequency in this country if implemented. The numbers prove this all over the world.

Pro abortion people are constantly advocating for relaxing limitations on abortion.

So all they want is more sex Ed, plus relaxed abortion restrictions. Your points would have some teeth if the increased education shrunk the window for abortions. But that's not the case with pro abortion folks.