Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread
So Mueller had a bad morning. But a better afternoon. He still seemed kind of forgetful at times, needing questions re-asked, and at times seemed amiss of some of the words in his own report. He needed to correct his OLC comment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-24-2019, 04:45 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So Mueller had a bad morning.  But a better afternoon.  He still seemed kind of forgetful at times, needing questions re-asked, and at times seemed amiss of some of the words in his own report. He needed to correct his OLC comment.

To be fair he wasn't "allowed" to answer certain things so I think he was being cautious more than forgetful.

Add to that that many times he wasn't given time to answer let alone think about an answer and I think he did fine.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Was there even questions in the time Republicans took? They as usual used there time for political theatre.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-24-2019, 04:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hopefully they listen to Mueller's comments on how interference is happening now and will continue to happen. 

The GOP needs to acknowledge that it's a reality and that doing so doesn't incriminate Trump. 

I agree with this and hopefully by "they" I hope you also are including the house majority. Sadly we probably won't because it's more important to have someone testify on a public document. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I don't think the House Majority has denied this. Only one group of people seem to not acknowledge America was attacked. The other group as we saw in the hearing seems to have sided with the Russians over American Intel.

The hearing was full of Republicans arguing in defense of Russia and attack our Intel and how they came to the conclusion they attacked America.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-24-2019, 05:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Was there even questions in the time Republicans took? They as usual used there time for political theatre.

You've got a little bit of credibility on here, but in any way trying to blame this "political theatre" on the GOP takes away from part of it.

But no, after a while the GOP had no more questions, because they knew he wasn't going to answer them and were happy with the answers he gave the Dems.

I think we can all agree that the Dems conceded defeat when their closing turned from crimes to morality. 

(07-24-2019, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree with this and hopefully by "they" I hope you also are including the house majority. Sadly we probably won't because it's more important to have someone testify on a public document. 

House Democrats introduced legislation to address it when they were in the minority only to have Republicans kill it in committee because it made reference to foreign interference in the 2016 election. Fortunately they just advanced it out of committee last week, but McConnell won't let it advance in the Senate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/453514-house-panel-advances-bill-to-protect-elections-from-foreign-interference

So by "they" I mean Republicans. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

3 years of investigations summed up in 8 seconds.

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-24-2019, 07:02 PM)6andcounting Wrote: 3 years of investigations summed up in 8 seconds.

The Dems didn't get what they wanted in Mueller initial report so they demanded the report. They got a redacted report and didn't get what they wanted so they demanded the whole report. They got the whole report so they demanded to grill Mueller. They got to grill Mueller and didn't get what they wanted. Let's see what happens next.

(07-24-2019, 07:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Dems didn't get what they wanted in Mueller initial report so they demanded the report. They got a redacted report and didn't get what they wanted so they demanded the whole report. They got the whole report so they demanded to grill Mueller. They got to grill Mueller and didn't get what they wanted. Let's see what happens next.

Even though the redacted reported didn't really hide anything meaningful and Mueller would have nothing new during his interview, if neither of those 2 things happened Dems could have hid behind saying there is bad stuff being hidden from the public. It was purely about prolonged negative press on Trump. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-24-2019, 07:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Dems didn't get what they wanted in Mueller initial report so they demanded the report. They got a redacted report and didn't get what they wanted so they demanded the whole report. They got the whole report so they demanded to grill Mueller. They got to grill Mueller and didn't get what they wanted. Let's see what happens next.

I was at work all day and missed it. Did us Americans get the full report? Last i heard my prez was denying foreign election interference. Heard some stuff that foreign gov interference may be ongoing. Seems troubling8
(07-24-2019, 09:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was at work all day and missed it. Did us Americans get the full report? Last i heard my prez was denying foreign election interference. Heard some stuff that foreign gov interference may be ongoing. Seems troubling8

Not sure the unredacted report is public domain, but it's available to Congress. Of course Trump denies Russian interference and he's wrong. IMPEACHMENT!! Ok, that's a joke; as is the continued "investigation", but I'm absolutely loving it. 

Meanwhile, I've been listening to clips from the hearings today. What a fascade it was to put that feeble old man as the "head" of an investigation that really amounted to a rouge team of Democrat purists going on a "Witch hunt", all in the name of political revenge.

Now that I've digested the comedy of spectacle that the hearings really were, I'm ready for the dessert. When is Trey Gowdy going to ask the former Special Prosecutor "Sir, is a secret decoder ring required, in order to read your report properly? Because that would explain why the Democratic Congressmen keep insisting that the report says things that are clearly invisible to the rest of us.".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-24-2019, 09:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meanwhile, I've been listening to clips from the hearings today.  What a fascade it was to put that feeble old man as the "head" of an investigation that really amounted to a rouge team of Democrat purists going on a "Witch hunt", all in the name of political revenge.

I have to say, I felt for Mueller during this.  The man is old, he's far past his prime.  My father is around his age and also a Vietnam veteran.  He's also not at his sharpest level of mental acuity and Mueller reminded me of him.  The hearings honestly only really made me feel sorry for Mueller, I hate to see great mean leveled by age.

Quote:Now that I've digested the comedy of spectacle that the hearings really were, I'm ready for the dessert.  When is Trey Gowdy going to ask the former Special Prosecutor "Sir, is a secret decoder ring required, in order to read your report properly?  Because that would explain why the Democratic Congressmen keep insisting that the report says things that are clearly invisible to the rest of us.".

The problem for the Dems is that they completely bought into collusion and impeachment almost since the day after the election.  To let it go now would make a significant percentage of them look weak or foolish.  Of course the Russians preferred Trump to Hillary, that doesn't mean Trump colluded with them.  Letting this go is a political disaster for the Dems and pursuing it is becoming even more so.  Dear lord, the Dems can't stop shooting themselves in the foot.
(07-24-2019, 10:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  To let it go now would make a significant percentage of them look weak or foolish. 

And continuing with the charade can only make them appear even more astute and confident??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-24-2019, 09:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What a fascade it was to put that feeble old man as the "head" of an investigation that really amounted to a rouge team of Democrat purists going on a "Witch hunt", all in the name of political revenge.

(07-24-2019, 10:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  I have to say, I felt for Mueller during this.  The man is old, he's far past his prime.  My father is around his age and also a Vietnam veteran.  He's also not at his sharpest level of mental acuity and Mueller reminded me of him.  The hearings honestly only really made me feel sorry for Mueller, I hate to see great mean leveled by age.
First off, I must take exception to calling Mueller a feeble old man, but I agree with the sentiment here and said so earlier.

The Dems didn't give 2 shits about "finding the truth" here. They drug this guy out in front of the American public in at attempt to get a sound bite. Pelosci even admitted to the farce when she mentioned the court of the American people. If they wanted to question him they should have done so in private and left the man some dignity. 

lol...bunch of posters still "not defending" Trump ignoring that the report did not fully exonerate him but trying to make fun of Mueller for not being as good at his age as he once was.

Anyone who is saying Mueller is "slipping" but still is backing Trump is delusional and blinded by party.

Mueller could not answer certain things.  He is a man who thinks before he speaks...something that this format does not allow for.  

Nothing new was said, but for the GOP to insist this somehow makes Trump look better is just sad.
[Image: trump-would-be-charged-if-he-wasnt-presi...140085.png]
(07-24-2019, 10:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: lol...bunch of posters still "not defending" Trump ignoring that the report did not fully exonerate him but trying to make fun of Mueller for not being as good at his age as he once was.

I must of missed the point were America went from the land of innocent until proven guilty to the land of "not fully exonerated".

Quote:Anyone who is saying Mueller is "slipping" but still is backing Trump is delusional and blinded by party.

No, sorry.  It was painful to watch and it made me sad.  

Quote:Mueller could not answer certain things.  He is a man who thinks before he speaks...something that this format does not allow for.  

I'd honestly love to agree with your assessment here.  My visual and mental faculties preclude this.

Quote:Nothing new was said, but for the GOP to insist this somehow makes Trump look better is just sad.

Nothing new was said by your assertion, so how did this hearing make Trump look better or worse?  What exactly was the point of the hearing?
(07-24-2019, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And continuing with the charade can only make them appear even more astute and confident??

Less damaging than admitting they were wrong.  At this point mitigation seems to be the word of the day/week/month/year.