Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(03-12-2020, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I know the reasons guess I was just being an ass cause this pisses me off.

Still, when 60 million Americans were infected by the swine flu it wasn't a big deal, this isn't even close to that.

Maybe that's the whole point? Try to get out in front of it, I don't know. We don't know how many have been infected because of the lack of testing here in the US, which is baffling to me. Only way to slow down the spread is by testing or avoiding contact with one another, so that's why you are seeing the cancellations you're seeing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-12-2020, 02:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why is this in Jungle Noise?

Because it's Bengals related? 

It's a league wide issue, and last I checked we were still in the league. If it affects pro days it affects us. If it affects the draft it affects us. If it affects free agency it affects us.

If you don't care to follow those developments then simply spend your time in another thread. 
(03-12-2020, 02:18 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Maybe that's the whole point? Try to get out in front of it, I don't know. We don't know how many have been infected because of the lack of testing here in the US, which is baffling to me. Only way to slow down the spread is by testing or avoiding contact with one another, so that's why you are seeing the cancellations you're seeing.

Yeah, I understand that.

Just don't like it getting so overblown by the media.

This didn't happen with the last President. Mellow
(03-12-2020, 02:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why is this in Jungle Noise?
Well I guess because this virus could have an effect on free agency, the draft, workouts, camp and the upcoming NFL season. It has an effect on the Bengals and how they conduct business that effects us all.
(03-12-2020, 02:15 PM)Synric Wrote: I would not suggest this...there are two strains of the coronavirus and you can actually have both at the exact same time. Also even if you recover from both you can turn around and get them again.

There are reasons they are shutting down events and quarantining towns.

Of course you can; like the common cold and the flu (also corona-viruses, though not from the same family as those two), your body will build up an immunity, which can (and will, let's be honest) be lost after a while.

With the threat of flu season, would you shut down your life?

Again, if people are at risk, leave them out of the equation and THEY should be as precautionary as possible.

But for us clean, sane, intelligent people, this is nothing but mass hysteria.

WTF is toilet paper disappearing off of every shelf in NA, whether there have been 0 cases of the virus or 50? This isn't an apocalypse.

If I was 75 years old and not in great health, I would not be living my life like normally, but I'm 31, healthy, in an area where the threat is little to nothing AND as an added bonus, I have a kick-ass immune system.

I also live in a country with free healthcare and wall-to-wall state of the art medical equipment, at a multitude of hospitals in my area.

We don't live in rural China or an ass-backwards country like my homeland.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(03-12-2020, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are you going to shut down your life cause of this? Serious question?

Me personally I have to limit my exposures to extremes because If I were to pass it to some of the immediate family members I interact with on a daily basis it will kill them. 

I'm just saying for most people it isn't get it recover and it's over. You and get thr virus over and over again.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-12-2020, 02:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: WTF is toilet paper disappearing off of every shelf in NA, whether there have been 0 cases of the virus or 50? This isn't an apocalypse.

why weren't these people buying TP before this?
(03-12-2020, 02:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Me personally I have to limit my exposures to extremes because If I were to pass it to some of the immediate family members I interact with on a daily basis it will kill them. 

I'm just saying for most people it isn't get it recover and it's over. You and get thr virus over and over again.

And there you go; you are absolutely someone who is either at risk or has direct family who's at risk.

As I said, plan accordingly and to your situation.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(03-12-2020, 02:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Me personally I have to limit my exposures to extremes because If I were to pass it to some of the immediate family members I interact with on a daily basis it will kill them. 

Okay, I getcha.
(03-12-2020, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I understand that.

Just don't like it getting so overblown by the media.

This didn't happen with the last President. Mellow

I don't know why the president has anything to to with this but we don't know how bad this thing is or is going to be when all is said and done. It's too soon to know if the virus is being overblown by the media or not, I hope it is being overblown for all our sakes, but we just don't know how this will play out yet.
(03-12-2020, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are you going to shut down your life cause of this? Serious question?

You mean hang out inside and play video games instead of going outside and socializing?
I don't see any difference to normal operations  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(03-12-2020, 02:31 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I don't know why the president has anything to to with this but we don't know how bad this thing is or is going to be when all is said and done. It's too soon to know if the virus is being overblown by the media or not, I hope it is being overblown for all our sakes, but we just don't know how this will play out yet.

This is clearly being politicized and I hate politics and this isn't P&R.

Was just saying what some of us are thinking.
(03-12-2020, 02:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You mean hang out inside and play video games instead of going outside and socializing?
I don't see any difference to normal operations  Smirk

Hilarious
(03-12-2020, 01:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It was tongue-in-cheek.

I know it was. Still no need to go full rectum on a serious matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is anyone listening to Biden's speech? I know he's campaigning but lord.....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
(03-12-2020, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is clearly being politicized and I hate politics and this isn't P&R.

Was just saying what some of us are thinking.

It's being politicized in this thread? Where? By whom? Did I miss something?
I'm glad we have a thread in Jungle Noise, provided we can keep the discussion focused solely on the coronavirus' impact on the 2020 NFL season and not the political angles. This is a football message board and it's an issue that may affect football. It's a worthwhile discussion.

The NFL Draft could still take place without the usual trick and pony show, but the NFL would have to come to grips with the loss in revenue. Free agency is definitely a trickier subject though. Players and personnel flying around the country.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(03-12-2020, 02:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Of course you can; like the common cold and the flu (also corona-viruses, though not from the same family as those two), your body will build up an immunity, which can (and will, let's be honest) be lost after a while.

With the threat of flu season, would you shut down your life?

Again, if people are at risk, leave them out of the equation and THEY should be as precautionary as possible.

But for us clean, sane, intelligent people, this is nothing but mass hysteria.

WTF is toilet paper disappearing off of every shelf in NA, whether there have been 0 cases of the virus or 50? This isn't an apocalypse.

If I was 75 years old and not in great health, I would not be living my life like normally, but I'm 31, healthy, in an area where the threat is little to nothing AND as an added bonus, I have a kick-ass immune system.

I also live in a country with free healthcare and wall-to-wall state of the art medical equipment, at a multitude of hospitals in my area.

We don't live in rural China or an ass-backwards country like my homeland.

Because risking of over a million people dying from something preventable — like quarantining people — is not a bad idea.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
(03-12-2020, 02:39 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: It's being politicized in this thread? Where? By whom? Did I miss something?

It is not and we should keep it this way. Just sick of the media is all.

(03-12-2020, 02:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm glad we have a thread in Jungle Noise, provided we can keep the discussion focused solely on the coronavirus' impact on the 2020 NFL season and not the political angles.  This is a football message board and it's an issue that may affect football.  It's a worthwhile discussion.

The NFL Draft could still take place without the usual trick and pony show, but the NFL would have to come to grips with the loss in revenue.  Free agency is definitely a trickier subject though.  Players and personnel flying around the country.

Well said. The NFL just needs to think all of this over and not panic like the NBA did.

At least now a days there is face time. Have to use the technology given to us.
There has to be less panic... I mean, I go to Kroger or anywhere and I look down the TP aisle and its wiped clean (no pun intended). No hand sanitizer/disinfectant, etc. I'm not saying people shouldn't be worried, but I can argue that all of the hoarders are helping spread germs with cleaning supplies not being properly distributed. I'm going about my day as normal, except I am taking the extra steps of washing my hands a little longer, avoiding hand shakes, and just common sense stuff. If I could work from home I would.

As far as the Bengals go and NFL activities, I think it's smart to do what they're doing. The media is having a field day with this bs. We may never know an accurate number on infected people or even the death toll. The 100% truth never made the media $. If you have a serious medical condition, be cautious and maybe cancel that next cruise you got booked for now. If you're young and healthy, still be cautious. Why? Because just because you may not die, doesn't mean you won't spread it to someone who may die from covid-19.

Just be smart and have some damn common sense people.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"