Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(03-12-2020, 04:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Swine flu killed 10,000 American citizens which started in 2009.  38 deaths due to Covid-19 thus far in USA.  

Yeah, exactly. This is being overblown by the media. Is it serious? Of course it is, especially for the old people who smoke.

But the media has been trying to spread a panic, I think many should be ashamed of themselves.

Especially the experts who go on TV and say that the mortality rate is 10 times worse then the flu, blatant lies.
(03-12-2020, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The swine flu had 60 million people infected in 2009-2010....

But in 2020 its not politically correct to call people pigs Ninja
(03-12-2020, 04:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote:   Just make sure the water pressure isn't too high.   Big Grin

You don't know what you are missing.

I crank mine up to 80 PSI.

Happy

(03-12-2020, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, exactly. This is being overblown by the media. Is it serious? Of course it is, especially for the old people who smoke.

But the media has been trying to spread a panic, I think many should be ashamed of themselves.

Especially the experts who go on TV and say that the mortality rate is 10 times worse then the flu, blatant lies.

It gives the media something to do to distract from the booming economy.  The topic also has click bait motive.  It makes me sick to see people using pandemic for political and monetary gain.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-12-2020, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, exactly. This is being overblown by the media. Is it serious? Of course it is, especially for the old people who smoke.

But I think the argument to this is that right now it isn't a "big deal" because we aren't packing thousands of people into tight quarters and making it worse.  Honestly, I haven't paid attention to what is being said about the thing or if experts are lying about it.  I hear word that people are dying of it and steps to avoid spreading it have been suggested and sometimes taken.

The media panic doesn't really apply to this situation, unless we think Rodger Godell saw some expert lying about it on the news and decided to pull the plug on the NFL season on that hunch alone.  
(03-12-2020, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't know what you are missing.

I crank mine up to 80 PSI.

Happy

That would explain the expression in your avatar.  Big Grin
(03-12-2020, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Especially the experts who go on TV and say that the mortality rate is 10 times worse then the flu, blatant lies.

What about the guy who just last week said we only had fifteen cases in the United States and it would quickly drop to zero?

Some people may be spreading blatant lies to create a panic while others are spreading blatant lies to protect their own self interest.

If you want to keep pushing your agenda take it to P&R.
(03-12-2020, 04:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It gives the media something to do to distract from the booming economy.  The topic also has click bait motive.  It makes me sick to see people using pandemic for political and monetary gain.   

Take it to P&R buddy. ThumbsUp
(03-12-2020, 04:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It gives the media something to do to distract from the booming economy.  The topic also has click bait motive.  It makes me sick to see people using pandemic for political and monetary gain.   

This still doesn't explain why professional sports leagues are closing up shop and losing money.  The NBA, MLB, MLS and NHL and aspects of the NFL are shutting down and losing millions because they want to distract me from the economy and get "clicks?"
Billion dollar industries are shutting down operations and losing money. Now states are starting to close public schools including Ohio...This hasn't happened in the US since the 1918 Spanish Flu.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Ohio public schools now closed for 3 weeks starting Monday
Here are some interesting stats...

Deaths per year:

due to auto-erotic asphyxiation...1,000
due to vending machines...13
due to falling TVs..............40
due to hot air balloons........70
due to obesity.....................3 million world-wide
due to carbon monoxide .......430 in USA
due to heat exposure............658
due to ETOH poison...............2,011
due to running stop signs leading to vehicle deaths...13,627
due to Malaria.......................1 million
due to mosquitoes....................1 million

Freakout
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(03-12-2020, 01:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Look, before this thread goes completely off the rails, or is dismissed due to perceived over-reaction keep in mind it is a real issue that will affect the coming weeks.

This entire situation seems to get worse by the hour. You can attribute this to the media coverage or you can believe the threat is real, or anything and everything in between. It's really besides the point in relation to this thread.

The reality is the response to this is almost like dominos. Once one organization or institution reacts then others are forced to follow. There are libality concerns that business and employers open themselves up to. There are substantial PR and optic risks.

It just came out that Redskins are not sending any emoloyees to pro days. Again, like a game of dominos, look for other franchisss to follow suit.

So there's a very good chance that you'll see pro days outright canceled, or sparsley attended.

There's reports multiple teams are shutting down training facilites.

Free agency is set to open next week. I would not at all be surprised to see this date pushed back.

This situation could greatly affect scouting and free agency, as both depend on a significant amount of travel. It could affect the draft as far as attendance, both by fans and players. It may get pushed, or teams may draft remotely (meaning not held in NY, no podium, no cards turned in, no live show)

I just figured this topic deserved it's own thread, and could be a catch-all for developments.  I suspect there will be significant ones over the next couple of weeks. Whether or not you think the response or coverage is warranted this looks to greatly affect a number of NFL offseason activities.
Oh yeah! Another thread on this....
(03-12-2020, 05:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This still doesn't explain why professional sports leagues are closing up shop and losing money.  The NBA, MLB, MLS and NHL and aspects of the NFL are shutting down and losing millions because they want to distract me from the economy and get "clicks?"

Most sporting events already have the money and will still make money without fans.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(03-12-2020, 04:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Swine flu killed 10,000 American citizens which started in 2009.  38 deaths due to Covid-19 thus far in USA.  

Then it is a good thing we are not screwing up our response to Covid-19 like we did with swine flu, right?
(03-12-2020, 05:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Most sporting events already have the money and will still make money without fans.   

They'd make more with the fans in the seats buying tickets and beer and overpriced nachos. 
(03-12-2020, 05:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Most sporting events already have the money and will still make money without fans.   

Wow.  Talk about spinning to fit an agenda.
(03-12-2020, 05:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They'd make more with the fans in the seats buying tickets and beer and overpriced nachos. 

I feel bad for the UD flyers and their fans....This was their year.   Hopefully they still bring it.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(03-12-2020, 04:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ohio public schools closing for 3 weeks really hurts working class who now have to pay for childcare or take off work.

It won't hurt as bad as it would when my 4 year old gets sick, and spreads it to my elderly father.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021