Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(03-12-2020, 09:27 PM)jason Wrote: It IS spread through airborne pathogens...

True from everything I have heard and read.
(03-12-2020, 09:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is amusing you saying that someone said this is a contagion that is contained...

Who said this? And if they did not say it you owe someone an apology. Mellow

If it isn't contained the low numbers aren't really worth citing since the threat and warnings are based on preventing the spread.  

I'm just not as confident we are doomed or duped into thinking we are doomed as others are.  I will say I sincerely doubt all major sports leagues including Trump buddy McMahons XFL are closing shop because they are brainwashed by CNN.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-12-2020, 08:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: People just listen to the media too much evidently. I never wanted to comment about all of this until now as I hate talking P&R.

The completely miserable sad media has forced me to speak about this and I don't like it and really dislike that people still listen 
to this stuff like it is the pure truth. Everything is slanted now a days and it isn't just the sports media which I highly dislike except
a few guys. This is affecting all of us and should not be used as political gain, this is disgusting to me and lots of Americans I am 
sure. This is just another thing that will backfire while the main stream media clearly is out of bounds.

I would never wish for a virus to hit while Obama was in Office for political gain, never on my life.

Some of this media honestly seem they are wishing for this. I am paying attention, I hope everyone is.

I am hearing Utahn's panicking all over the place right now on the radio. Stores are filled with people just going nuts to boot.

This is the most embarrassing time to be a journalist of all time in my opinion if you are affiliated with any of this.

Regardless of political affiliation.

Well brother, let's just say that my feelings aren't much different than yours on this situation.  However, for the good of the forum, I'll just say that cancelling entire sports tournaments seems a bit of an overreaction.  The games can still be held, heck plenty of people watching on TV, as they got no where else to go..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-12-2020, 09:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If it isn't contained the low numbers aren't really worth citing since the threat and warnings are based on preventing the spread.  

I'm just not as confident we are doomed or duped into thinking we are doomed as others are.  I will say I sincerely doubt all major sports leagues including Trump buddy McMahons XFL are closing shop because they are brainwashed by CNN.

If, if if...

Okay, live off fear cause CNN told you that you and everyone will die under Trump...
(03-12-2020, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well brother, let's just say that my feelings aren't much different than yours on this situation.  However, for the good of the forum, I'll just say that cancelling entire sports tournaments seems a bit of an overreaction.  The games can still be held, heck plenty of people watching on TV, as they got no where else to go..

Yeah, I mean this virus hasn't hurt young people, especially young people that are amazing athletes....

This is the most over the top reaction I have ever seen of any virus, flu, disease ever.
(03-12-2020, 09:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If, if if...

Okay, live off fear cause CNN told you that you and everyone will die under Trump...

I haven't watched the news in over a decade, much less CNN.  Im just saying im not as confident everything is fine because the government told me so.

I could slag on Obama for a while If that's what it takes for you to think I'm not towing the liberal line just because I disagree with the current narrative coming from the media. 
(03-12-2020, 09:27 PM)jason Wrote: It IS spread through airborne pathogens... Also the flu has a regular season that goes away. There are vaccines for the flu, and we have centuries of experience of dealing with it.

We know very little about this virus, and it's only been around since January... It seems to be spreading exponentially. Give it time. I've heard estimates of between 75 and 150 million Americans being affected, and over 100,000,000 dead worldwide when it's all said and done.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-coronavirus-airborne-will-it-live-in-my-bathroom-is-it-ok-to-fly-or-eat-out-are-men-more-susceptible-busting-myths-and-confirming-facts-of-covid-19

Is coronavirus airborne like measles?

The jury is out. As of Thusday, it did not appear to be an airborne virus in the same vein as measles or chickenpox, said Luis Ostrosky, a professor and vice chairman of internal medicine at McGovern Medical School in Houston, Texas. “It’s a virus that travels in droplets. This is very good news. With an airborne virus, one person could infect the whole room.”
Now for the bad news: Airborne transmission is “plausible,” according to a study (that has not been peer reviewed) posted online this week from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California, Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health. The researchers concluded that the virus could remain airborne for “up to 3 hours post aerosolization.”

I'm not trying to say it's not a serious threat. 
I guess in some ways we are fortunate that the virus isn't worse as far as mortality rate. But the 'source' of problems like this remain. Does the international community need to regulate and monitor health issues in a country like China....er….better.
(03-12-2020, 09:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I haven't watched the news in over a decade, much less CNN.  Im just saying im not as confident everything is fine because the government told me so.

I could slag on Obama for a while If that's what it takes for you to think I'm not towing the liberal line just because I disagree with the current narrative coming from the media. 

That's cool, I am not confident in the media telling me the truth anymore. Like, at all.

And every Democrat should feel the same after they have been lied to over and over again saying Trump is a Russian Agent LMAO!
(03-12-2020, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I mean this virus hasn't hurt young people, especially young people that are amazing athletes....

This is the most over the top reaction I have ever seen of any virus, flu, disease ever.

This is the stuff that intrigues me, though.  You and I both agree that the measures and reactions to this are unprecedented and something our modern society has never seen.  It's how we interpret this that leads us to disagree.  But hey, that's life.  Nothing dulls a mind faster than only speaking to people you agree with.

(03-12-2020, 09:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That's cool, I am not confident in the media telling me the truth anymore. Like, at all.

And every Democrat should feel the same after they have been lied to over and over again saying Trump is a Russian Agent LMAO!

In all fairness, I think people who are rather furious about the media seem to not realize that the message the media is a lying meddlesome pile of filth has been sent to them via the media.  

I heard that the media lies to us and you can't trust it.  Where did I hear that?  Oh, on one of the news channels I believe is telling me the truth.  Damn media!
All I have to say is, good thing it will be summer here in AZ next week!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-12-2020, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is the stuff that intrigues me, though.  You and I both agree that the measures and reactions to this are unprecedented and something our modern society has never seen.  It's how we interpret this that leads us to disagree.  But hey, that's life.  Nothing dulls a mind faster than only speaking to people you agree with.

I thought about you, just the other day.  I saw a car in the parking lot at work, and it had Chicago Bears covers on the headrests.  Which is kind of odd, because even at sports bars, I don't see many Bears fans in North Carolina.

Anyway, wash your hands, clean your house, keep your "social distance" in public places.   ThumbsUp

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-12-2020, 09:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I thought about you, just the other day.  I saw a car in the parking lot at work, and it had Chicago Bears covers on the headrests.  Which is kind of odd, because even at sports bars, I don't see many Bears fans in North Carolina.

Anyway, wash your hands, clean your house, keep your "social distance" in public places.   ThumbsUp

I'm always on the mind of anyone who has had the pleasure of knowing me, I guess.  And I read social distance as social disease and started thinking of that Elton John song.

I do like to think in a parallel dimension Gary Johnson won the 2016 election and I'm the one on here telling people that the media is making a big deal out of this corona nonsense because they are upset a libertarian finally got elected.
I had thought about starting a thread called, "Now that you are quarantined, wlcome back to the board!!!"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-12-2020, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is the stuff that intrigues me, though.  You and I both agree that the measures and reactions to this are unprecedented and something our modern society has never seen.  It's how we interpret this that leads us to disagree.  But hey, that's life.  Nothing dulls a mind faster than only speaking to people you agree with.

In all fairness, I think people who are rather furious about the media seem to not realize that the message the media is a lying meddlesome pile of filth has been sent to them via the media.  

I heard that the media lies to us and you can't trust it.  Where did I hear that?  Oh, on one of the news channels I believe is telling me the truth.  Damn media!

Agreed... And we're a pretty ***** dull society at the moment.

Personally I'm cool with not being in a room with hundreds or thousands of people with a disease spreading that we know diddly about. I'm not worried about young athletes. They aren't the majority of people in attendance anyway.

People can call it media hype all they want. They have zero clue how many people are affected by it because we are woefully unprepared for it... How many people have been affected?

I do agree that the toilet paper hording is a lil ******' weird. There's a shower right next to my toilet. When society collapses and it's Lord of the Flies time, I'm not really gonna worry about the Charmin. So when I run out next week, I'll be remembering all of those people when the roving bands of marauders are taking all of your stockpiles.... Don't come crying to me in my fortress.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-12-2020, 09:59 PM)jason Wrote: Agreed... And we're a pretty ***** dull society at the moment.

Personally I'm cool with not being in a room with hundreds or thousands of people with a disease spreading that we know diddly about. I'm not worried about young athletes. They aren't the majority of people in attendance anyway.

People can call it media hype all they want. They have zero clue how many people are affected by it because we are woefully unprepared for it... How many people have been affected?

I do agree that the toilet paper hording is a lil ******' weird. There's a shower right next to my toilet.
When society collapses and it's Lord of the Flies time, I'm not really gonna worry about the Charmin. So when I run out next week, I'll be remembering all of those people when the roving bands of marauders are taking all of your stockpiles.... Don't come crying to me in my fortress.

I had the exact same thought.  If one of the major signs was diarrhea, I would maybe understand it a little.  But so far that is a rare symptom, so a 144 rolls isn't a neccessary stockpile...
(03-12-2020, 09:59 PM)jason Wrote: People can call it media hype all they want. They have zero clue how many people are affected by it because we are woefully unprepared for it... How many people have been affected?

Right, my main point isn't that we are doomed, it's that once billionaires start pulling the plug on ultra-profitable business ventures in response to something it's safe to say it has gone beyond media hype.  This is big money in action.

Karen from payroll buying a case of clorox wipes = due to media hype reaction
The NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS, XFL suspending = not due to media hype

It just seems to me that being confident this thing is no big deal played a lot better before major industries, some of which are run by people who are very loyal to Trump, started closing their doors.  I've scrolled past a lot of internet hype and panic, but I'm noticing these latest developments. 

Just cypher through and find the truth.

It isn't hard in these times. When someone lies and it is proven a lie, you say hey, quit lying to me...

When someone lies to you time and time again, you turn to someone who has told you the proven truth, do you not?

(03-12-2020, 09:59 PM)jason Wrote: Agreed... And we're a pretty ***** dull society at the moment.

I do agree that the toilet paper hording is a lil ******' weird. There's a shower right next to my toilet. When society collapses and it's Lord of the Flies time, I'm not really gonna worry about the Charmin. So when I run out next week, I'll be remembering all of those people when the roving bands of marauders are taking all of your stockpiles.... Don't come crying to me in my fortress.

A lot of people are dull no doubt...

You got a generator to run a pump and your hot water heater?
(03-12-2020, 09:59 PM)jason Wrote: Personally I'm cool with not being in a room with hundreds or thousands of people with a disease spreading that we know diddly about. I'm not worried about young athletes. They aren't the majority of people in attendance anyway.
Do you really need for the NCAA to cancel all tournament games, in order to refrain from being a part of that crowded environment?  I mean, they could at least do like they did with the Arnold Sports Festival, last weekend.  They allowed no spectators, only athletes, coaches and family members to attend.  Sure, thousands of Strength sports fans were pissed off about it, but by and large, everyone understood.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-12-2020, 10:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you really need for the NCAA to cancel all tournament games, in order to refrain from being a part of that crowded environment?  I mean, they could at least do like they did with the Arnold Sports Festival, last weekend.  They allowed no spectators, only athletes, coaches and family members to attend.  Sure, thousands of Strength sports fans were pissed off about it, but by and large, everyone understood.

Great question, thought these guys liked sports?