Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(03-25-2020, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: **** this administration.

indeed
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-25-2020, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They are saying that the way the bill is written, low income individuals on unemployment could end up earning more than they made at the job they were laid off from because of the additional $600. It's a valid concern that should get fixed, and could be done quite easily.

**** this administration.

Just read Jerry Falwell, Jr has re-opened Liberty University and they won’t refund room and board.
(03-26-2020, 12:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just read Jerry Falwell, Jr has re-opened Liberty University and they won’t refund room and board
Wouldn't it be awful if that let to some dire consequences for that bastion of dogshit people?
(03-26-2020, 12:23 AM)samhain Wrote: Wouldn't it be awful if that let to some dire consequences for that bastion of dogshit people?

God damn Obama!
You folks recall before the elction? "We're gonna bring in an outsider with no gubnit experience to shake things up in Washington."
Well, they got their outsider, someone thought of as white trash in those New York social circles and it turns out the NY social circles were right.. He IS plain white trash with zero gubnit experience even after 3 years in office.. He's in it for himself and himself alone undoubtedly planning to make the trump family richer than ever thanks to thousands of deaths and untold suffering.
In my 60 years I never really thought the patriotic thing to do would be to top a sitting president and I really have to wonder..If someone were to place a live bullet between his ears would that person be hailed as a national hero? I remember thinking that I once joined the military willing to lay down my life for my country. I really have to wonder if someone is actually patriotic enough to actually do it.. That person would likely spend life in prison and there would be few people unwilling to chip in for his defense. Such a person would undoubtedly receive plenty of well wishes with plenty of commissary money sent every day.
So much to think about...so little time to see it done. He IS the enemy of the people.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(03-26-2020, 12:23 AM)samhain Wrote: Wouldn't it be awful if that let to some dire consequences for that bastion of dogshit people?

It would be awful because it’s the students and faculty at risk due to administrator’s questionable decision making.
(03-26-2020, 12:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just read Jerry Falwell, Jr has re-opened Liberty University and they won’t refund room and board.

I think he is calling it "giving students the option."  One student wants to come back because she knows "that is where Christ wants me to be." Others think the decision unwise. One says the school motto is "Training champions for Christ," and that means showing more compassion for potential victims than Falwell currently is.

https://news.yahoo.com/liberty-university-students-split-decision-003556818.html
Man some of ya'll are awful, wanting people at a college to have awful things happen to them and one guy wishing the president was assassinated.
(03-25-2020, 04:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just to follow up: Our daughter's test came back negative.  She is on a steroid and breathing treatment but does not have the virus and we are all very relieved.

I wasn't aware of your daughter's predicament so I'll tell you this is good news to learn she tested negative. I wish you, her and your entire family good health now and well into the future.

Here in SC you would barely notice there's a virus ravaging the world as we speak. The infections here according to official numbers is barely over 400, but as of yet there has been no word of available testing of the public. You don't see anyone here wearing masks and just a handful wearing gloves. I suspect we're about to be overcome with cases, but the official line will remain artificially low because...trump..  The likes of Aunt Lindsey will keep the official numbers low even if thousands perish. There is NO WAY a major transportation corridor from the Northeast to Florida and ten major shipping ports could remain relatively unscathed especially when there are still millions running about as if nothing is going on. I-95 runs through the state, I-20 runs a direct line to Atlanta and yet they pretend we're barely feeling any impact.

This is in NO WAY going to have this nation up and running unscathed by Easter. Only a moron and monster would suggest such.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(03-26-2020, 02:44 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Man some of ya'll are awful, wanting people at a college to have awful things happen to them and one guy wishing the president was assassinated.

I don't wish bad things to happen to students. Even the beach partyers are young and naive. There's a reason governments have always enlisted the young and naive to go off to fight wars. Trump on the other hand... He's just plain too stupid, greedy and uncaring to deserve anything except pain and misery.

(03-26-2020, 02:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: I wasn't aware of your daughter's predicament so I'll tell you this is good news to learn she tested negative. I wish you, her and your entire family good health now and well into the future.

Here in SC you would barely notice there's a virus ravaging the world as we speak. The infections here according to official numbers is barely over 400, but as of yet there has been no word of available testing of the public. You don't see anyone here wearing masks and just a handful wearing gloves. I suspect we're about to be overcome with cases, but the official line will remain artificially low because...trump..  The likes of Aunt Lindsey will keep the official numbers low even if thousands perish. There is NO WAY a major transportation corridor from the Northeast to Florida and ten major shipping ports could remain relatively unscathed especially when there are still millions running about as if nothing is going on. I-95 runs through the state, I-20 runs a direct line to Atlanta and yet they pretend we're barely feeling any impact.

This is in NO WAY going to have this nation up and running unscathed by Easter. Only a moron and monster would suggest such.

Hey another South Carolinian. You're a grampa and from SC they are all like 99% Trump lovers around here.

I'm from the Clemson area as far as the actual sickness itself goes I don't hear much, but if you go to the grocery stores its like they forcasted an inch of snow everyday they way people are out and hoarding everything.

Also I don't like most of what Dino writes, but I'm glad their daughter had a good test result, hope they are feeling better.
(03-26-2020, 02:44 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Man some of ya'll are awful, wanting people at a college to have awful things happen to them and one guy wishing the president was assassinated.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. When some orange clown looking fellow who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and made a living robbing middle class types, decides the working class needs to sacrifice their lives so he and his wall street friends do well...... shit gets ugly.

I see I got a quick thumbs down for that comment. I assume that is because I missed a major reason for our Prez to want American citizens to go back to work.... Yes he wants Wall Street to do well because money means more than life. But also because it is his best chance at reelection. Sorry for leaving out a crucial fact

Why ? They'll go in a better world and the world will be better without them.

What's the point ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

During Trump's daily reading lesson/press conference he mumbled something about "negotiating" with the states for items they need.

Just thought I'd throw that out there that the POTUS is treating this as a business deal where people have to "be nice with us" to get things done.

That was before his daily whining that the press wants the economy to fail so he doesn't get re-elected but his drive to re-open the country by Easter has NOTHING TO DO with his re-election.

And the maga types get SO offended when someone points that out.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

I like to shit on Liberty as much as anyone. As someone working in higher education in Virginia, they are an institution I have to deal with (albeit not as often as the other state schools) and they are trash. They aren't that far down the road from me and I know a lot of people that have attended the school in person and/or online, so I know more than most how lackluster their curriculum and administration is. That being said, this is a rather ignorant statement.

Lynchburg, the town in which LU sits, is going to pay the price for this decision. Students returning from hither and yon to their college towns always bring with them a myriad of exotic illnesses to a community. The "freshman flu" is a common thing on campuses for students and employees alike and happens in the wider community because students aren't confined to campus grounds. They visit local businesses, they go to local parks, and we want them to. College students are a vital part of the communities and economies of college towns, but there are downsides to their presence and bringing disease with them is one of those downsides. If every student were to go to Falwell's office and cough and sneeze on his stuff and then not go anywhere else to infect others, sure, but that's not what is going to happen. People will get sick in the surrounding community because of this asshole's stupid decision.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-26-2020, 07:05 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Why ? They'll go in a better world and the world will be better without them.

What's the point ?

The French know what to do with terrible tyrannical leaders. Ninja

Disclaimer: I am not advocating for the execution/assassination of the POTUS. This is a joke, admittedly in poor taste, but I found it humorous.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
A quick read of conservative twitter is showing a trend of "we have to stop criticizing the POTUS for what he says and does because he really cares about that it makes him even worse."

That's where they are headed...stop telling the truth because Trump gets mad about it and then he does even worse things and it will be YOUR fault for making him worse.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-26-2020, 09:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The French know what to do with terrible tyrannical leaders. Ninja

Disclaimer: I am not advocating for the execution/assassination of the POTUS. This is a joke, admittedly in poor taste, but I found it humorous.

I chuckled.  The French did know what to do with them, but they didn't replace them very well.  At least as far as the rest of Europe was concerned.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I'd gladly die for the economy if I were old and I'd gladly join the army if I were young.  Sadly, I am 38 so others are going to have to do the dying for my benefit.

Also, Trump is 73 so it's hard to accept old people dying for the benefit of the country without lumping him in there.  Cheapen life, cheapen your own. 
So this is still preliminary, but looks like 2018 W2's will be used for everyone's income. Those under 75.000 will get 1200 dollars. If you are a couple, it is 2400. You also get 500 per kid. Estimated time frame is about 3 weeks after the bill is approved.