Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(04-23-2020, 08:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Okay, let's look at your statement . . .

You expect me to believe you were seriously inquiring if we were going to everyone under a bubble?

Nah, I don't think so.

LMAO

He has told them they are wrong.

He tells them they're wrong by constantly saying they know best. 

That as miraculous as the funds versus supplies assertion.  

You enjoy the draft as well. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-23-2020, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is pretty much where I'm at. The WORLD is reacting to this thing on a daily basis but folks will slam POTUS because he hasn't had every right answer at every turn. 

He was only calling it a Democrat hoax a month after the WHO declared a public health emergency of international concern instead of taking it seriously.

Quote:As I mentioned: I don't consider my response steeped in political bias (or even worse for some..hate). My Governor is being very cautious and I applaud him There was a protest at the KY Capitol the other day and one of the guys interviewed said "My wife has MS and is not allowed to visit her neurologist. We're selecting one death over another". I'd ask all the know everythings in this forum: What's the "right" answer to that? 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1069023/

Quote:Multiple sclerosis is seldom fatal and life expectancy is shortened by only a few months.

Emergent problems can still be seen emergently.  Non-emergent problems may not be able to be seen in the office, but most of these visits have been converted to e-visits, phone visits, or telemedicine visits or directed to the ER or urgent care. I'm seeing respiratory patients in a tent in a parking lot.  There are options available.
(04-23-2020, 08:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your correct. Or the $2.49 pint at Sav-a-lot. Something funny, I’m 52 and when I got sick about 6 weeks ago, I had a sincere craving for ice cream sandwiches after the fever broke. I used to love ice cream as a youngster. Then I started liking beer, and well, those two don’t mix except for root beer. I haven’t craved ice cream in 38yrs. I thought about buying some for work but I sit at a desk and very low on food discipline. 1-2 a day would turn into a box a day.

Google.

Nick Nolte.

Beer Milkshake.
(04-23-2020, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is pretty much where I'm at. The WORLD is reacting to this thing on a daily basis but folks will slam POTUS because he hasn't had every right answer at every turn. 

As I mentioned: I don't consider my response steeped in political bias (or even worse for some..hate). My Governor is being very cautious and I applaud him There was a protest at the KY Capitol the other day and one of the guys interviewed said "My wife has MS and is not allowed to visit her neurologist. We're selecting one death over another". I'd ask all the know everythings in this forum: What's the "right" answer to that? 

Actually DJT had been slammed for his delayed response and his refusal to admit that that had caused a slower recovery and more problems. He makes baseless claims and then yells at reporters that ask him about them.

He turned the daily Covid updates into daily rallies.

There is no easy answer to how to handle this. Denying for six weeks and then denying you denied it isn't the right answer though. Making doctors step up and say they were misquoted (and then they say they were not) is not the right answer either.

Trump not being at the briefings might help.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-23-2020, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He tells them they're wrong by constantly saying they know best. 

That as miraculous as the funds versus supplies assertion.  

You enjoy the draft as well. 

Intentionally misleading at best.

A lie at worst.
(04-23-2020, 08:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually DJT had been slammed for his delayed response and his refusal to admit that that had caused a slower recovery and more problems.  He makes baseless claims and then yells at reporters that ask him about them.

He turned the daily Covid updates into daily rallies.

There is no easy answer to how to handle this.  Denying for six weeks and then denying you denied it isn't the right answer though.  Making doctors step up and say they were misquoted (and then they say they were not) is not the right answer either.

Trump not being at the briefings might help.

I remember him being slammed for his delayed response on travel bans.

He should be ashamed (although he's not) for his attempts to turn this into political points. I've never once said one side had the monopoly on that

Honest question: If Trump wasn't at the briefings do you think anyone would say he's hiding?

It's sorta like at the beginning of this: Trump wouldn't get tested and folks said he should even though he wasn't experiencing any symptoms. As soon as he was tested he took a test from someone that could use it. 

Believe it or not there are some with the damn if you do, damn if you don't mentality. And those folks give 2 shits about what's really going on. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-23-2020, 08:01 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It's a real shame that the president isn't blessed with the hindsight that this forum possesses.

or the hindsight of the last few presidents who didn't willing dismantle the pandemic response infrastructure? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-23-2020, 07:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cool

I thought that was an SNL skit. Like, people are sitting here trying to rationalize and defend this bumbling dolt, and he just deadass asked if we could inject disinfectant into our bodies. 

(04-23-2020, 10:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought that was an SNL skit. Like, people are sitting here trying to rationalize and defend this bumbling dolt, and he just deadass asked if we could inject disinfectant into our bodies. 

Wait, so a friend posted a joke asking if it had to be citrus scented because she doesn't like that smell and in the middle of posting jokes two guys come in and say Trump never said that.  It was the media making stuff up.  So, naturally, I shared the video of him saying that and they both still denied it.

[Image: dt1.jpg]
[Image: dt2.jpg]

It is amazing the length they will got to justify their belief in this "man".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-23-2020, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We're done. Enjoy the draft. 

Funds
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to funds: investment funds, Hedge funds, Mutual funds
fund (fŭnd)
n.
1. A source of supply; a stock: a fund of goodwill.
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/funds

Son: “Hey, Dad, can I get some funds for this weekend?”

Dad: “Sure, son. Here ya go.”

Son: “What’s this?”

Dad: “It’s a popsicle.”

Son: “What am I supposed to do with a popsicle?”

Dad: “It’s a source of supply. It’s basically the same as money. You just exchange it for something else you want. Just tell ‘em to look it up in the dictionary.”

Wow, less than 24 hours and you’re back to not defending Trump or arguing over definitions because you never do either. This is the exact crap Skip Bayless pulls and why I compared you two.
(04-23-2020, 11:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait, so a friend posted a joke asking if it had to be citrus scented because she doesn't like that smell and in the middle of posting jokes two guys come in and say Trump never said that.  It was the media making stuff up.  So, naturally, I shared the video of him saying that and they both still denied it.

It's sad, but these people lack any integrity. 

(04-23-2020, 11:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait, so a friend posted a joke asking if it had to be citrus scented because she doesn't like that smell and in the middle of posting jokes two guys come in and say Trump never said that.  It was the media making stuff up.  So, naturally, I shared the video of him saying that and they both still denied it.

Wait . . .

“The media machine will stop at nothing to make a buck?”

Wouldn’t that make them a free market Republican instead of an elitist liberal?
Dammit! You mean I wasn't supposed to shoot up hand sanitizer? Maybe we can get the liberators to drink some bleach? That's gotta be deadly to covid no? Damned mainstream media and their doctors and their deep state book learnin. Bill Gates microchip Soros Storm is Coming whooohoo!!! Save the mole children!!!
(04-23-2020, 07:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cool

“I’m a person with a good . . . you know what.”

Brain? Yeah, your’s is so good you can’t even think of its name.
(04-24-2020, 02:37 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: “I’m a person with a good . . . you know what.”

Brain? Yeah, your’s is so good you can’t even think of its name.

I've got a sweet tropical fish setup.  I'm going to huff some of the tank cleaner we've got just to be safe.  I also hear that the mole children are being moved onto the the naval hospitals just in time for Trump to save Murica and smash sum libzz.  

Errbody gotta stop being mean to Trumpy bear and expectin' him to act like a real executive.  Y'all mean ol libz just hate Murica.  Liberate err body!!!  Well, err body that ain't brown or married to a furner anyhoo.  Nancy iz uh racist cuz she eetz ice cream durr durr.  How ya'll not gunna git yur free dumb while sheeez over there eatin' a bunch of ice cream.  Imma take mah AR to the state capital and do sum cosplay for MAGA!!!!!!!

Storm izzz Cummin Durr!!!!
(04-24-2020, 02:25 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Son: “Hey, Dad, can I get some funds for this weekend?”

Dad: “Sure, son. Here ya go.”

Son: “What’s this?”

Dad: “It’s a popsicle.”

Son: “What am I supposed to do with a popsicle?”

Dad: “It’s a source of supply. It’s basically the same as money. You just exchange it for something else you want. Just tell ‘em to look it up in the dictionary.”

Wow, less than 24 hours and you’re back to not defending Trump or arguing over definitions because you never do either. This is the exact crap Skip Bayless pulls and why I compared you two.

In that example the freezer is the fund (singular) as it holds the supply for the children. Saying that the father is allocating funds by giving out the popsicle (supply) would be grammatically incorrect. He's not allocating the freezer, he's allocating the supply. The same goes with using it to refer to a stockpile of medical supplies.

Saying "allocate funds" implies money because it's 1) plural and 2) You don't distribute the source of the supply but rather the supply itself. Using the other definition would just be plain incorrect in that context.

(04-24-2020, 02:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In that example the freezer is the fund (singular) as it holds the supply for the children. Saying that the father is allocating funds by giving out the popsicle (supply) would be grammatically incorrect. He's not allocating the freezer, he's allocating the supply. The same goes with using it to refer to a stockpile of medical supplies.

Saying "allocate funds" implies money because it's 1) plural and 2) You don't distribute the source of the supply but rather the supply itself. Using the other definition would just be plain incorrect in that context.

That’s what happens when you deliberately select the wrong definition of a word to pursue a Skip Bayless-ish argument for the sake of argument as Skip Bayless is famous for doing.
Did I mention anything about the Trump connected conspiracy theory-obsessed QAnon ? Did I mention the they believe that coronavirus is a front for Trump to rescue human-mole hybrids from sex-slavery and cannibalism on the part of liberal elites? This is a real thing. People legitimately burn lean tissue researching this theory. These are the kinds of people that follow and support Trump and his policies. This is not a lie or comedy, or a joke. It's a real thing. These are the kinds of people that support this president. They are nutbags and mental derelicts. They will send this nation into idiocracy-land. We must stop their anti-America rhetoric and make this nation great again,
Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

As of April 24th 2020 : 867,105 Covid-19 confirmed cases in the U.S. Confirmed deaths in the U.S. from Covid-19: 44,453.

Maybe I should of just typed "Cotton Candy".
A sham PPE mask company uses a random family photo in an add and claims the whole family is dead of COVID-19. They make up a story about how the contracted it going to church. They showed a video clip of the one boy in the family they claimed survived and had him recount his survival story. This person, of course, was just a random person. The company is promoting it's "best mask on the market" and flaunts it's FDA approval. The mask is not FDA approved. Alleged dead family sees this add on Facebook even after they reported it. Local news gets involved and contacts Facebook. Facebook removes all variations of the add and ultimately banned adds selling mask, hand sanitizer and COVID-19 tests.

https://knst.iheart.com/content/2020-04-20-mom-furious-after-seeing-family-photo-in-ad-saying-they-died-of-coronavirus/?Pname=local_social&Keyid=socialflow&Sc=editorial&fbclid=IwAR1W_2fXpAOhVtWfdHaStBzwxlA3yp7fuxaQXmBxUCkCEV4-1E8livkPVk0

As always, be careful and research before you buy.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]