Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
(05-03-2020, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: President Trump's strategy is to blame China to deflect blame from himself despite personally thanking President Xi's response to the novel coronavirus. Thus Trump's proxies have to bend over backwards to provide Trump with his cover story regardless if their integrity is compromised in the process.  It's a damn shame that we can't believe most of the information coming from what should be considered legitimate sources of information, but unfortunately Trump has corrupted them.  So good job, Vladimir.  You got what you wanted.

Yep, everyone else is to blame.  He not only did nothing wrong...he did everything right despite not having the information.

Or something like that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
You'd think Trump would be in better shape all the back tracking and mental gymnastics he's had to do this year.

I'm not working half that hard and I'm down 47 pounds.
I noticed my letter from "Trump" about my reception of the bailout check had a bunch of writing in Spanish on the opposite side. Unless it said "Learn English, you freeloaders!" I figure his fanbase is pretty upset they'd do that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-04-2020, 05:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I noticed my letter from "Trump" about my reception of the bailout check had a bunch of writing in Spanish on the opposite side. Unless it said "Learn English, you freeloaders!" I figure his fanbase is pretty upset they'd do that.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6918e3.htm?s_cid=mm6918e3_x

It's funny.  Three days ago the CDC recommended "providing educational materials in languages spoken by workers might help reduce COVID-19" in meat processing plants.

Do businesses hire people who can't speak English to save money paying American workers?  Does that really happen?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/politics/donald-trump-congress-oversight/index.html

Trump confirmed that Fauci was blocked from speaking to the House because it was Democrats, despite the White House saying days ago it was a scheduling issue, calling House Democrats "Trump Haters". He accused Democrats of wanting Americans to die so that they can win elections, though Trump has been vocal in supporting protestors whose demands would lead to more deaths in order to appease his low-information voter base.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/politics/fauci-trump-coronavirus-wuhan-lab/index.html

Fauci becomes the more recent official to contradict Trump's suggestion that this is a man made virus...

Trying to blame this on China as being manufactured may be a strategy to divert blame away from his administration over their bungled response.

Mellow

Meanwhile, on FOX

But Trump says to keep social distancing...and maybe die.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-abcs-david-muir-covid-19-deaths-country/story?id=70515537

Quote:President Donald Trump said in an exclusive interview with ABC "World News Tonight" Anchor and Managing Editor David Muir on Tuesday that "it's possible there will be some" deaths as states roll back restrictions aimed at stopping the spread of the novel coronavirus, acknowledging that it was the choice the country faces to reopen and jumpstart the economy.

"Do you believe that's the reality we're facing that -- that lives will be lost to reopen the country?” Muir asked Trump during an interview in Phoenix, Arizona, on the president's first major trip in months since the virus outbreak worsened.

"It's possible there will be some because you won't be locked into an apartment or a house or whatever it is," Trump said. "But at the same time, we're going to practice social distancing, we're going to be washing hands, we're going to be doing a lot of the things that we've learned to do over the last period of time."

The nation's foremost infectious disease expert, Anthony Fauci, said in an interview with CNN on Monday that the decision to reopen states across the country amounted to balancing “how many deaths and how much suffering are you willing to accept to get back to what you want to be, some form of normality, sooner rather than later."

Tune into ABC at 1 p.m. ET and ABC News Live at 4 p.m. ET every weekday for special coverage of the novel coronavirus with the full ABC News team, including the latest news, context and analysis.

In arguing for the need to push states to reopen, Trump said social distancing restrictions had led to drug overdoses and suicides. "Take a look at what's going on," he said. "People are losing their jobs. We have to bring it back, and that's what we're doing."

MORE: In 1st major trip in months, President Trump to travel to battleground state Arizona to observe mask production

He encouraged the American people to view themselves as “warriors” as the urges the country to press forward toward an economic reopening, saying it’s not realistic to keep up strict social distancing guidelines in the long term.

“We can’t sit in the house for the next three years,” the president said.

Even as the president sought to prepare that “more death” ahead, he expressed optimism that the virus will go away, regardless of whether a vaccine is achieved.

“There'll be more death, that the virus will pass, with or without a vaccine. And I think we're doing very well on the vaccines but, with or without a vaccine, it's going to pass, and we're going to be back to normal. But it's been a rough process. There is no question about it,” Trump said.

The president’s optimistic outlook stands in contrast to the consensus of opinion among public health experts in warning that the virus will continue to pose a major risk until the time that there is effective treatment and vaccination.
(05-05-2020, 07:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: But Trump says to keep social distancing...and maybe die.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-abcs-david-muir-covid-19-deaths-country/story?id=70515537

What is your suggestion? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-05-2020, 07:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is your suggestion? 

Never listen to Trump's "ideas".

You better tell him though...he'll "always" listen to you. Smirk
(05-05-2020, 07:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is your suggestion? 

All seriousness aside the country will have to open with the most at risk staying in while we hope there is a herd immunity effect.  Probably going to need 60-80% vs the 20-40 for other viruses (from what a doctor told me).

Of course that will require a massive increase in testing, but Trump doesn't understand or want that.

And of course Pence announced they will wind down the task force around Memorial Day.
(05-05-2020, 07:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Never listen to Trump's "ideas".

You better tell him though...he'll "always" listen to you. Smirk

Unsure what "idea" he came up with in the link you provided. He discussed possibly reopening the economy in a phased method while practices procedures such as social distancing and wearing of masks.

Is it your intention to not wear a mask or practice social distancing because Trump said we must in this interview.

He admitted there are risks including the ultimate risk of death. I can only take you at your word that you wouldn't have said anything if he said there's no risk.

I get the Left is mad that the best they could do at the ballot box is produce a 78 year old senile man that has a propensity to lick/smell things. So the best strategy is to condemn everything he and his administration does in reaction to an International Pandemic. Keep trying I'm sure there's already a group that thinks COVID19 is because Trump. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-05-2020, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure what "idea" he came up with in the link you provided. He discussed possibly reopening the economy in a phased method while practices procedures such as social distancing and wearing of masks.

Is it your intention to not wear a mask or practice social distancing because Trump said we must in this interview.

He admitted there are risks including the ultimate risk of death. I can only take you at your word that you wouldn't have said anything if he said there's no risk.

I get the Left is mad that the best they could do at the ballot box is produce a 78 year old senile man that has a propensity to lick/smell things. So the best strategy is to condemn everything he and his administration does in reaction to an International Pandemic. Keep trying I'm sure there's already a group that thinks COVID19 is because Trump. 

FOX "news" tells people there is no proof social distancing works.  Trump tells people the virus will disappear like a miracle.  Trump and Pence don't wear masks. Trump says sure some people will die but we need to get the economy going.

I care if you die.  Trump does not.

I don't need votes or for you to like me.  Trump does.

But bringing Biden into it really cemented how much you wanted to have a real conversation.   Mellow

Have a great night!
Hilarious

(05-05-2020, 08:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

They're wearing goggles but not masks, lol

(05-05-2020, 07:49 PM)GMDino Wrote:
FOX "news" tells people there is no proof social distancing works. 
Trump tells people the virus will disappear like a miracle.  Trump and Pence don't wear masks. Trump says sure some people will die but we need to get the economy going.

I care if you die.  Trump does not.

I don't need votes or for you to like me.  Trump does.

But bringing Biden into it really cemented how much you wanted to have a real conversation.   Mellow

Have a great night!

Well, Laura Ingraham was definitely doing that tonight--questioning the "science" behind it.

"This virus is so new, we just don't have any science to go on. We don't know what works."

Until the scientists can prove that distance between persons makes it harder for an airborne virus to jump from one to another, it's all a guess.

We need to get the economy back up and running--get our rights back from the doctors, whom no elected to tell us what to do.
Well hell. It’s mostly low income, blacks, and their families getting hit hard by this. No wonder the prez is all about sacrificing lives for his money god
Either the WH found Trump's sharpie or he was doodling while on the phone for his nightly Hannity call and the WH jkust ran with it.

Has Jared succeeded at anything since being elected given a job by his wife's dad?