Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Presidential Election
(05-28-2020, 09:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: So, again, you have no problem with the POTUS tweeting publicly an accusation that someone should be investigated for a murder in a case 20 years old that was investigated and found to be accidental death...BUT someone else complained about it so he should apologize.

Is that you trying to spin your original response in that gif?

Ask Breech, you guys don't need me to state my views. You guys can make them up for yourselves.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-28-2020, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ask Breech, you guys don't need me to state my views. You guys can make them up for yourselves.

I don’t know why you’ve got my name in your mouth unless it is because you’re still pissed because you don’t understand where I got “repeatedly” from due to your tenuous relationship with the English language. I’ll explain once more. Trump tweeted false murder allegations over and over multiple times beginning in 2017. That’s what repeatedly means. I don’t know how it is you’re so confused on that one. It’s pretty simple. It wasn’t even directed at you so I have no clue why you’re pissed except your lack of reading comprehension.

Anyway, you’re the only one around here on record as being a mind reader seeing as you’ve stated you know what people will say before they say it.
I'm at the point where I'm starting to think Trump is going to lose this election. I read an article on Drudge last night that said some of his 2016 campaign staff paid him a visit to hammer home the idea that he's starting to trail Biden significantly not only nationally, but in swing states as well, namely Florida and Arizona. They're also apparently freaking out over the possibility, once considered remote, of the Senate flipping to the Dems. If he managed to lose those two, he's as good as done. It would be a colossal screwup to be the first Republican to lose Arizona since the Clinton administration, as an incumbent no less.

Some of the damage he's doing to himself is incredibly needless, to say the least. The Scarborough twitter conflict is tasteless and stupid, and the hydrocholriquine thing makes him look like a complete imbecile. Add to that the fact that he's failed to show an ounce of compassion throughout the entire pandemic, and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm sure his people advise against his stupidity regularly, because they know the damage it can do. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for people like me that hate him), I'm pretty sure he's incapable of accepting the fact that his instincts are wrong when it comes to communicating to his constituents.

A lot can happen between now and October, and his campaign is really good at raising money and gathering useful data. Even so, I'm not so sure he can be saved from himself at this point. Even Biden will have a tough time saying enough dumb things to look as stupid and careless as the president at his current clip.
(05-29-2020, 04:33 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm at the point where I'm starting to think Trump is going to lose this election. I read an article on Drudge last night that said some of his 2016 campaign staff paid him a visit to hammer home the idea that he's starting to trail Biden significantly not only nationally, but in swing states as well, namely Florida and Arizona. They're also apparently freaking out over the possibility, once considered remote, of the Senate flipping to the Dems. If he managed to lose those two, he's as good as done. It would be a colossal screwup to be the first Republican to lose Arizona since the Clinton administration, as an incumbent no less.

Some of the damage he's doing to himself is incredibly needless, to say the least. The Scarborough twitter conflict is tasteless and stupid, and the hydrocholriquine thing makes him look like a complete imbecile. Add to that the fact that he's failed to show an ounce of compassion throughout the entire pandemic, and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm sure his people advise against his stupidity regularly, because they know the damage it can do. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for people like me that hate him), I'm pretty sure he's incapable of accepting the fact that his instincts are wrong when it comes to communicating to his constituents.

A lot can happen between now and October, and his campaign is really good at raising money and gathering useful data. Even so, I'm not so sure he can be saved from himself at this point. Even Biden will have a tough time saying enough dumb things to look as stupid and careless as the president at his current clip.

As you’ve seen here, people don’t understand why the CDC recommends they wear a face coving in public. Which means the hydroxychloroquine issue doesn’t make him look like an imbecile to those same people.
(05-29-2020, 04:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: As you’ve seen here, people don’t understand why the CDC recommends they wear a face coving in public. Which means the hydroxychloroquine issue doesn’t make him look like an imbecile to those same people.

Well, I did just have a conversation with my 72 year-old MAGA-supporting mom today (we don't discuss politics a lot).  She admitted to me that she finally came to the realization that he's a "stupid asshole" who cares about only himself.  Much of that was based on his talking about taking hydrochloroquine, and also his making fun of the Bidens for wearing masks.  I took it as a positive sign, as I never thought I'd hear her say that.
(05-29-2020, 04:53 AM)samhain Wrote: Well, I did just have a conversation with my 72 year-old MAGA-supporting mom today (we don't discuss politics a lot).  She admitted to me that she finally came to the realization that he's a "stupid asshole" who cares about only himself.  Much of that was based on his talking about taking hydrochloroquine, and also his making fun of the Bidens for wearing masks.  I took it as a positive sign, as I never thought I'd hear her say that.

Now watch as he tries to burn it all down on the way to November. He has already a tweet and a retweet (2 in total) in the past 24 hours suggesting killing Americans.
This could be tied into the thread about Trump and Scarborough also but I'm saddened that we are at a point in history where the defense of the amazing dumb things the POTUS says is "Well, that's just the way he talks and we take what he says seriously."  

We can't take what the POTUS says seriously so just ignore him...that's the defense of Trump.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-28-2020, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ask Breech, you guys don't need me to state my views. You guys can make them up for yourselves.

[Image: irony-alert-ironic.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-29-2020, 07:16 AM)treee Wrote: Now watch as he tries to burn it all down on the way to November. He has already a tweet and a retweet (2 in total) in the past 24 hours suggesting killing Americans.

That could certainly help mobilize a voting base against him ala Hillary giving his side the deplorables banner under which to rally. 
(05-29-2020, 04:53 AM)samhain Wrote: Well, I did just have a conversation with my 72 year-old MAGA-supporting mom today (we don't discuss politics a lot).  She admitted to me that she finally came to the realization that he's a "stupid asshole" who cares about only himself.  Much of that was based on his talking about taking hydrochloroquine, and also his making fun of the Bidens for wearing masks.  I took it as a positive sign, as I never thought I'd hear her say that.

So your mom "hates Trump" now?

Recent polling shows his support among seniors is falling, and I am thinking it is for the indifference to senior lives he shows.
(05-29-2020, 12:10 PM)Dill Wrote: So your mom "hates Trump" now?

Recent polling shows his support among seniors is falling, and I am thinking it is for the indifference to senior lives he shows.

Yeah that was not a wise move. Seniors vote. That's political 1x1 in every democracy.

Or we can just use the quote function

(05-26-2020, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Trump was not wrong to share it,

So you had no problem with what Trump said.

Why not just be man enough to stand behind what you say instead of trying to weasel out of it.
(05-29-2020, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or we can just use the quote function

Why not just be man enough to stand behind what you say instead of trying to weasel out of it.

It's certainly not because he's defending Trump while claiming to not defend him.   Ninja

(05-27-2020, 04:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the advice, but I'm mature enough and in control of my Emotional Intelligence to a point that I can ignore what I want and reply to what I want. I am not consumed with Cognitive dissonance when my point is questioned. Now the made up shit gets old, but I try to consider the source, Not everyone has that level of maturity or EI and find it easier to just stick their fingers in their ears and go "la.la.la.la" when presented with points counter to theirs.

Rolleyes
(05-29-2020, 12:10 PM)Dill Wrote: So your mom "hates Trump" now?

It sure sounded like she did.  The strange thing is that back in the 80's, I remember asking her something about DJT pertaining to how cool he was for being so rich, with her clearly replying that he was a pig, lol.  I was shocked that she ever got onto that bandwagon, but she is a lifelong Republican, and she hangs out with nothing but other hyper-conservative Catholics for the most part.  

To the second point, I could certainly see the logic leading to such a result.  I've read that the falling support is particularly high among senior women, FWIW.  That's bad news for DJT in states I mentioned (AZ,FL), due to obviously large populations of seniors.  
(05-29-2020, 07:16 AM)treee Wrote: Now watch as he tries to burn it all down on the way to November. He has already a tweet and a retweet (2 in total) in the past 24 hours suggesting killing Americans.

Sadly, I think we're about to see why having a guy that doesn't know shit about governing or the Constitution in charge of the executive branch isn't as great of an idea as it may sound like.  If life remains mundane and we're out there being Americans, spending money and working off our debts, we're a fairly easy bunch to govern.  

If, however, there happen to be a couple of national emergencies flying around like, you know, this very moment, you're going see his shortcomings exposed quickly.  This is playing out right now.  He had no idea how to deal with the pandemic, and he has no idea how to deal with the racial unrest (but he's great at making it worse).  Commence meltdown.

The suckiest part about it is that he can still do a lot more damage before he's hopefully voted out, and the chances of healing any divisions are nil.  Elections indeed have consequences.

Because Breech said I was OK with Trump "Repeatedly" posting it. I was not OK with him "repeatedly" posting it. I clearly said once the Widower shared his displeasure Trump should cease and apologize. 

So I stand behind what I said. Guess I'ma man now. Do you others want to apologize for the false assumption and the lynch mob mentality you exercise or will you weasel out of it? 

(05-29-2020, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because Breech said I was OK with Trump "Repeatedly" posting it. I was not OK with him "repeatedly" posting it. I clearly said once the Widower shared his displeasure Trump should cease and apologize. 

So I stand behind what I said. Guess I'ma man now. Do you others want to apologize for the false assumption and the lynch mob mentality you exercise or will you weasel out of it? 

Trump repeatedly tweeted false murder allegations before the widower complained.  So you were, in fact, okay with Trump repeatedly tweeting false murder allegation rumors until the widower finally complained.  Thanks for digging that hole deeper.
(05-29-2020, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because Breech said I was OK with Trump "Repeatedly" posting it. I was not OK with him "repeatedly" posting it. I clearly said once the Widower shared his displeasure Trump should cease and apologize

I don't need a dictionary to know the definition of BS.

Trump posted it many, many time (repeatedly) and you said he should apologize one the widower complained.  That's it.  Not he never should have posted.  Not he should have apologized after the first time.  BUT (you're favorite word) after the nth time and a letter from the widower.

"lynch mob"  Cool
(05-29-2020, 06:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump repeatedly tweeted false murder allegations before the widower complained.  So you were, in fact, okay with Trump repeatedly tweeting false murder allegation rumors until the widower finally complained.  Thanks for digging that hole deeper.

(05-29-2020, 07:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't need a dictionary to know the definition of BS.

Trump posted it many, many time (repeatedly) and you said he should apologize one the widower complained.  That's it.  Not he never should have posted.  Not he should have apologized after the first time.  BUT (you're favorite word) after the nth time and a letter from the widower.

"lynch mob"  Cool
No idea why I bother, but it's the weekend and I'm in a good mood...so here goes:

My thoughts of Trump's twitter habits have been made clear. He should put the phone down and govern the country; however, he chooses not to do that. The next Trump tweet I read 1st hand will be the first Trump tweet I have read first hand So:

This initial Tweet was an attempt to pull Scarborough's strings and as I clearly stated: I had no issue with the initial tweet. Especially given Scarborough's comments on the lady's tragic death. Now you and others can be "aghast" at the initial tweet, that's your prerogative. 

I've "repeatedly" (see I do know the definition) said once the Widower stated he didn't appreciate the comments Trump should desist and apologize to the Widower. To assert I was "OK" with Trump "repeatedly" posting it is disingenuous as best.

I further stated that Ms Scarborough has her nerve to be pissed at what Trump tweeted about the tragedy given what her husband said about the young lady's death

As to the lynch mob mentality: It's obvious. Not one person actually took the time to consider what was said; if they did and they had cognition they could plainly see I was not OK with Trump's continued tweets on the matter. They simply saw the fire and ran to get their torch. It's a byproduct of Groupthink