Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-26-2020, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Possession of a weapon during commission of a felony (and many misdemeanors) is considered a violent crime in every state I know of.  

Doesn't matter if you can grasp the logic or not.  Lawmakers know that a person who takes a gun to commit a crime is violent.

Okay, let's both stop with changing the scenarios.  Lets' go back to the original.  Seizing government property while armed and then securing the property with armed guards.

Explain to me again how threatening to shoot someone for entering a property you are illegally controlling is a non-violent action.

Meh, I thought the difference between occupation (especially when you know it to be unoccupied) makes the difference between the crime being a robbery or a theft (violent versus non-violent). But what do I know. I'm not a lawyer or a liberal. 

I thought we both agreed not to change scenarios we were talking terrorisim versus non-terrorisim. Somehow it became violent versus non-violent.

But we can roll that way: Is being armed, assaulting LEOs, and occupying public streets by "gun point" violent
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How bad is it when the POTUS accuses the network that kissed his orange butt the most of hiding the "real" truth?

Maybe, just maybe, the real truth isn't what he wants it to be.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
So, now I'm seeing social media posts asserting that the mystery masked men detaining/confronting protesters in Portland are from Blackwater and ZTI Security, or at least a number of them are. I have no idea if this is factual. If it is, then that means that our federal government is hiring mercenaries to clamp down on taxpayers for what are in Trump's own words largely political reasons.

Erik Prince and his dingbat sister are an existential threat to this country. If any of this has a shred of validity, I hope a path to prison is found for these sadistic turds.

Edit: I've looked further into it, and it seems that the paths do not indicate private involvement, but are used by feds to mark other gubmint organizations.

Doesn't change my opinion of Prince/Betsy.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 07:16 PM)samhain Wrote: So, now I'm seeing social media posts asserting that the mystery masked men detaining/confronting protesters in Portland are from Blackwater and ZTI Security, or at least a number of them are.  I have no idea if this is factual.  If it is, then that means that our federal government is hiring mercenaries to clamp down on taxpayers for what are in Trump's own words largely political reasons.  

Erik Prince and his dingbat sister are an existential threat to this country.  If any of this has a shred of validity, I hope a path to prison is found for these sadistic turds.

Edit: I've looked further into it, and it seems that the paths do not indicate private involvement, but are used by feds to mark other gubmint organizations.

Doesn't change my opinion of Prince/Betsy.

We must do whatever we can to stop these folks that are trying to stop folks from breaking the law. Folks should be able to break the law in peace and unencumbered by law enforcement.

Who knows, maybe eventually they'll just get tired of breaking the law and go home.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We must do whatever we can to stop these folks that are trying to stop folks from breaking the law. Folks should be able to break the law in peace and unencumbered by law enforcement.

Who knows, maybe eventually they'll just get tired of breaking the law and go home.

Someone breaking the law doesn't give the government the power to use any means necessary to stop them.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 08:58 PM)samhain Wrote: Someone breaking the law doesn't give the government the power to use any means necessary to stop them.

And nothing gives anyone the power to break the law. But the Left doesn't focus on that; they focus on the methods employed to stop folks from breaking the law. The premise is absurd. 

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And nothing gives anyone the power to break the law. But the Left doesn't focus on that; they focus on the methods employed to stop folks from breaking the law. The premise is absurd. 

There is framework in place for enforcement as is.  Arrest, detain, charge, trial.  The current situation changes none of that and does not elevate the power of the federal government in any way.  This is an uninvited incursion.  

If the people of Portland have a problem with the way local officials are enforcing the law, then they have the opportunity to replace the officials who are charged with enforcing it, just like everyone else when an election is held.  They could even recall him if they don't have the patience to wait that long.  

One illegal act (or even several)  doesn't validate an illegal response.  
Reply/Quote
Man shot and killed and the POTUS is retweeting a falsehood that he shot first.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 09:18 PM)samhain Wrote: There is framework in place for enforcement as is.  Arrest, detain, charge, trial.  The current situation changes none of that and does not elevate the power of the federal government in any way.  This is an uninvited incursion.  

If the people of Portland have a problem with the way local officials are enforcing the law, then they have the opportunity to replace the officials who are charged with enforcing it, just like everyone else when an election is held.  They could even recall him if they don't have the patience to wait that long.  

One illegal act (or even several)  doesn't validate an illegal response.  

As I said: The premise is absurd. 

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 09:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Man shot and killed and the POTUS is retweeting a falsehood that he shot first.

How do we know that is false?  The initial story contains video of the man pointing his AK at cars, if that's him, which it appears to be.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: The premise is absurd. 

Sure.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 09:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: How do we know that is false?  The initial story contains video of the man pointing his AK at cars, if that's him, which it appears to be.

Because D Villa on twitter said so. 

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 09:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: How do we know that is false?  The initial story contains video of the man pointing his AK at cars, if that's him, which it appears to be.

Yeah, not a lot of sympathy for anyone out there cosplaying with guns, particularly when they point them at people.  Marching with guns in protests is a dumb idea, particularly when people are ideologically motivated.  I'm not saying he deserved it, but I don't blame the dude that shot him.
Reply/Quote

(07-26-2020, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because D Villa on twitter said so. 

I dunno...guess you disagree with the police doing the investigation.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2020/07/26/man-fatally-shot-at-protest-in-austin/

Quote:Witnesses reported that just before 10 p.m. Saturday, a car turned down the street toward the protesters and the driver started honking its horn. The vehicle stopped in the roadway, police said, and Foster approached the driver’s side window as others began striking the car. The driver then opened fire, striking Foster.

Manley said at a news conference Sunday that the driver reported Foster pointed his weapon at them before the shooting. KVUE-TV reported that police have said Foster did not discharge his weapon, but the chief did say someone else in the crowd did return fire as the car left the scene.

The driver and the other person who shot were released from policy custody after they gave their accounts of what happened. Both of them had a license to carry a handgun, Manley said. Police did not say whether Foster had a such a license, but it is legal in Texas to openly carry a rifle like an AK-47 without a license if it is not done “in a manner calculated to alarm.” To carry a handgun openly or concealed, one must have a license, unless a person is transporting their own handgun while driving their vehicle.

So a BLM protestor is legally carrying a gun and shot and killed.  Weird.  I thought people who carried like that we just exercising their 2A rights.  I guess not if they are "leftists".
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 10:03 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, not a lot of sympathy for anyone out there cosplaying with guns, particularly when they point them at people.  Marching with guns in protests is a dumb idea, particularly when people are ideologically motivated.  I'm not saying he deserved it, but I don't blame the dude that shot him.

Some would say marching with a weapon is simply defending their 2A right.

Something that is legal in Texas...without a license.  
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 10:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Some would say marching with a weapon is simply defending their 2A right.

Something that is legal in Texas...without a license.  

Yeah, I'm sure it is.  It's still moronic.  I don't care what side you're on.  Leaving your house with an assault rifle for the purpose of theatrical effect and social media pics is douchey as hell.  I know, I know, snakes and flags and 2A, blah, blah, blah.  People that do this kind of thing are first rate chickenshit losers with zero balls.  
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 10:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I dunno...guess you disagree with the police doing the investigation.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2020/07/26/man-fatally-shot-at-protest-in-austin/

So a BLM protestor is legally carrying a gun and shot and killed.  Weird.  I thought people who carried like that we just exercising their 2A rights.  I guess not if they are "leftists".

From your link:

Quote:Austin police are investigating what occurred between Foster, who they said was carrying an AK-47-style rifle during the protest, and the driver, who called police to report that he’d shot someone.

Accounts of what happened that night vary, police said.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 10:14 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure it is.  It's still moronic.  I don't care what side you're on.  Leaving your house with an assault rifle for the purpose of theatrical effect and social media pics is douchey as hell.  I know, I know, snakes and flags and 2A, blah, blah, blah.  People that do this kind of thing are first rate chickenshit losers with zero balls.  

I've always said leave the toys at home if you want to be peaceful.  Again, lots of folks march with guns and they get defended by the right because it is "their right" which I agree that it is even if I too find it moronic.  Also, didn't help the guy if he never got a shot off anyway.  
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 10:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From your link:

Yeah, the same link that said he never fired.  I quoted and bolded that part for ya.

Color me stunned that a man suspected of shooting and killing someone says he felt "threatened" first.  Might be true but the dead guy can't say.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 10:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, the same link that said he never fired.  I quoted and bolded that part for ya.

Color me stunned that a man suspected of shooting and killing someone says he felt "threatened" first.  Might be true but the dead guy can't say.

Yeah, looks like it's still under investigation. But we've got you and D Villa on the case, 

Reply/Quote