Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
A report yesterday said a new book will say that when DJT was rushed to the hospital last year Pence was told to be ready to take over.

That could mean multiple things.

It could mean Trump might need surgery, it could mean there was a health scare.

Trump tweeted this.

And Pence responded with this.

In typical Trump fashion he has to make up such a big story that he might have accidentally given up the game.  And Pence saying he doesn't recall means it happened.  the VP of the US would recall that moment and could easily say it never happened.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: A report yesterday said a new book will say that when DJT was rushed to the hospital last year Pence was told to be ready to take over.

That could mean multiple things.

It could mean Trump might need surgery, it could mean there was a health scare.

Trump tweeted this.

And Pence responded with this.

In typical Trump fashion he has to make up such a big story that he might have accidentally given up the game.  And Pence saying he doesn't recall means it happened.  the VP of the US would recall that moment and could easily say it never happened.

Pence's answer definitely suggests it's true, but the VP being acting President is common practice if a president has to be sedated for a procedures. It's happened multiple times in recent history. The hiding it and lying about it is not, though 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 10:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Pence's answer definitely suggests it's true, but the VP being acting President is common practice if a president has to be sedated for a procedures. It's happened multiple times in recent history. The hiding it and lying about it is not, though 

Exactly.  All Pence has to say to support the POTUS is "No.  That never happened.  I'd remember if that happened."

But the right wing noise machine will focus on the MSM passing the  "fake news" that Trump had a series of mini-strokes...that was only mention by Trump himself.
Reply/Quote
Trump comes up empty on mail in voting fraud.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/20/trump-election-fraud-pennsylvania-court/?fbclid=IwAR1021vlEntwDkG1Bpz2tVS3qb77v653WCOag6ejgcKTCgFYdsESSkOgPsg

Quote:PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP’S campaign, ordered by a federal court judge in Pennsylvania to back up its claims of fraud in the state’s vote-by-mail system, has documented only a handful of cases of election fraud in recent years — none of which involved mail-in ballots. The revelation, which came in the form of a partially redacted 524-page document produced by the Trump campaign last week, undermines the claim by Trump team operatives that mail-in ballot fraud is a grave risk to Pennsylvania voters.

The campaign is suing Pennsylvania Secretary of the Commonwealth Kathy Boockvar and each of the state’s county election boards to prevent election administrators from providing secure drop boxes for mail-in ballot returns. These drop boxes allow voters to return their mail-in ballots by hand, without sending them through the postal system and risking delays. The Trump campaign alleges that the practice “provides fraudsters an easy opportunity to engage in ballot harvesting, manipulate or destroy ballots, manufacture duplicitous votes, and sow chaos.”

In a motion last week, Citizens for Pennsylvania’s Future and the Sierra Club called on the Trump campaign to provide evidence of the existence of voter fraud, arguing that the campaign’s lawsuit was “replete with salacious allegations and dire warnings” about Pennsylvania’s elections and that they “must either be compelled to provide discovery concerning their fraud-based allegations or be precluded from pursuing these claims going forward.” Judge J. Nicholas Ranjan granted the motion, ordering the campaign to “produce such evidence in their possession, and if they have none, state as much.”

The response provided by the Trump campaign to the opposing counsel, which was shared with The Intercept and Type Investigations, contains a few scant examples of election fraud — but none of the instances in the 524-page discovery document involved mail-in ballots.
“Not only did the campaign fail to provide evidence that voter fraud was a widespread problem in Pennsylvania, they failed to provide any evidence that any misconduct occurred in the primary election or that so-called voter fraud is any sort of regular problem in Pennsylvania,” said Suzanne Almeida, interim director of Common Cause PA, one of the parties in the lawsuit. The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment for this story.

The non-redacted portion of the Trump campaign’s response consists in large part of news reports and copies of the campaign’s open records requests to counties. It contains no new evidence of fraud beyond what local news outlets have previously reported. The examples of fraud that it does provide include the case of four poll workers who admitted to harassment and intimidation of voters at one polling place during a special election in 2017. It also includes an election judge who altered vote totals in his polling place between 2014 and 2016 at the behest of a political consultant. And while the amended complaint brought by the campaign cites a few incidents of mail-in fraud, none were mentioned in the discovery document.

Quote:“Not only did the campaign fail to provide evidence that voter fraud was a widespread problem in Pennsylvania, they failed to provide any evidence that any misconduct occurred in the primary election.”

This is far from the first time that Republicans have failed to substantiate their frequent claims that voter fraud is a persistent problem in American elections. In 2018, one of U.S.’s most prominent crusaders against voter fraud, then-Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, was asked by a district court to produce evidence that noncitizens were voting in his home state of Kansas. Kobach brought forth witnesses, but their testimony fell apart on cross examination. Judge Julie Robinson wrote in her opinion that “evidence that the voter rolls include ineligible citizens is weak. At most, 39 [non]citizens have found their way onto the Kansas voter rolls in the last 19 years.” The rare known cases of voter fraud were not the tip of the iceberg, she concluded, “there is no iceberg; only an icicle, largely created by confusion and administrative error.”

After taking office, Trump established a controversial presidential commission to study voter fraud. The commission met only twice before disbanding without producing evidence of widespread voter fraud in U.S. elections.

With state Democrats simultaneously suing to affirm the legality of Pennsylvania’s drop boxes, Boockvar has asked the state Supreme Court to settle the relevant questions of election law before the federal trial is completed. Mail-in ballots will start going out to voters in mid-September.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Trump is suggesting his supporters vote twice to test this fool proof system.  Seems a bit odd the president even jokingly calling for voter fraud but meh.

Edit- looks like he said it before the 2016 election too?  
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 10:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Looks like Trump is suggesting his supporters vote twice to test this fool proof system.  Seems a bit odd the president even jokingly calling for voter fraud but meh.

Edit- looks like he said it before the 2016 election too?  

Don't worry his personal lawyer Barr has cover for him.  Despite claiming to NOT KNOW you can't vote twice.

Reply/Quote
btw here is the POTUS telling his supporters to vote twice to test the system.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 10:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: btw here is the POTUS telling his supporters to vote twice to test the system.

I think that two words would go a long way with helping Mr Trump not appear to be a blathering idiot... Those two words are " no comment".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile, DHS has been withholding information about Russian interference, it seems: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dhs-withheld-july-intelligence-bulletin-calling-russian-attack/story?id=72747130
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 08:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Meanwhile, DHS has been withholding information about Russian interference, it seems: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dhs-withheld-july-intelligence-bulletin-calling-russian-attack/story?id=72747130

Hey, repeat offender...can't blame him.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:36 AM)jason Wrote: I think that two words would go a long way with helping Mr Trump not appear to be a blathering idiot... Those two words are " no comment".

Impossible.  He has best words and best brain.  Very stable genius.  He must spread his wisdom.

Also he has the DOJ operating as his personal lawyers and providing cover so he doesn't have worry at all.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
As I posted the other day a new book sheds some light on Trump's mysterious trip to the Hospital last year.  Trump, of course, went overboard in his explanation which just leads to more speculation.

https://www.theatlantavoice.com/articles/the-white-house-needs-to-explain-what-really-happened-on-trumps-walter-reed-visit/

Quote:The White House needs to explain what really happened on Trump’s Walter Reed visit
| September 01, 2020

Days before Thanksgiving 2019, President Donald Trump made an unscheduled visit to Walter Reed hospital, a trip the White House later dismissed as nothing more than a “quick exam and labs” as part of his annual physical.

Even then, the explanation was fishy. Presidents don’t make trips that members of the press don’t know about almost ever — unless they are flying into a war zone and their safety is at risk. And the leader of the free world certainly doesn’t just pop in to the hospital to get an early start on his annual physical — especially without the medical staff at the hospital being given a heads up.

And now, thanks to a new book by New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt, we now know that Vice President Mike Pence was put on alert to take over the duties of president if Trump had to be anesthetized during the trip. Writes Schmidt in “Donald Trump v. the United States“:

“In the hours leading up to Trump’s trip to the hospital, word went out in the West Wing for the vice president to be on standby to take over the powers of the presidency temporarily if Trump had to undergo a procedure that would have required him to be anesthetized.”

Which, unless p
hysicals have changed drastically since I got one last year, suggests that whatever was going on with the President that made him visit Walter Reed unannounced was more than just a “quick exam and labs” — or, at least, those in the White House were concerned that it might be. And that the White House — as I wrote at the time — wasn’t telling the whole truth about Trump’s condition.

Trump responded to apparent Twitter chatter about the incident on Tuesday, saying in a tweet, “It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate – FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!”

White House physician Sean Conley released a statement following the tweet that said the President “has not experienced nor been evaluated for a cerebrovascular accident (stroke), transient ischemic attack (mini stroke), or any acute cardiovascular emergencies, as have been incorrectly reported in the media. The President remains healthy and I have no concerns about his ability to maintain the rigorous schedule ahead of him. As stated in my last report, I expect him to remain fit to execute the duties of the Presidency.”

This all matters because a) Trump is the oldest person ever elected to a first term as president b) he’s seeking a second term that would have him in office until he is 78 and c) we know less about his medical history than about any previous president.

It’s that last point that, to me, makes the unscheduled trip to Walter Reed last year, and the clear lack of transparency by the White House about it, so concerning.

Consider this: Trump released zero medical records when he ran for president in 2016, What he did release was a letter from Dr. Harold Bornstein, his longtime personal physician, that asserted simply: “If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency. His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary.”

Which, of course, is crazy. Bornstein had never examined any past president. So his ability to claim that Trump would be the “healthiest individual” ever to be president is roughly equivalent to my ability to say the same.

At the time the letter was released, it was subject to widespread mockery — mostly because it read like Trump himself had written it. Which it turns out he did, at least according to Bornstein.

“He dictated that whole letter. I didn’t write that letter,” Bornstein told CNN in 2018. “I just made it up as I went along.” Added Bornstein: “(Trump) dictated the letter and I would tell him what he couldn’t put in there. They came to pick up their letter at 4 o’clock or something.”

Bornstein also told NBC that Trump’s medical records had been taken from him by former Trump bodyguard Keith Schiller and another man just days after the doctor told The New York Times that the President took medicine to grow his hair.

So, take a step back. The only information we have about Trump’s health, prior to the annual physical he is subject to in the White House, comes in the form of a letter that his personal physician at the time says was entirely dictated by Trump. And the medical records that might shed some light on Trump’s past medical history have been confiscated by Trump associates!

Trump’s annual physicals since coming into office have shed very little light on, well, much of anything.

“There were no findings of significance or changes to report,” Conley wrote in a memo detailing the results of Trump’s 2020 physical. That memo noted that Trump had a Body Mass Index of 30.5, meaning he is technically “obese,” and that his cholesterol dropped to 167 — down from 196 in 2019 and an unhealthy 223 in 2018. Trump also appears to have undergone some sort of cognitive test during that physical as well. As he told Fox News’ Sean Hannity in July:

“I actually took one when I — very recently, when I — when I was — the radical left were saying, is he all there? Is he all there? And I proved I was all there, because I got — I aced it. I aced the test. … I took it at Walter Reed Medical Center in front of doctors. And they were very surprised. They said, that’s an unbelievable thing. Rarely does anybody do what you just did.”

Taken as a whole, we know very, very little about Trump’s medical history. And, as Schmidt’s reporting makes clear, we don’t yet have the full story of what happened in November 2019.

All of which is remarkable, given that Trump has made questions of health a major line of attack against former Vice President Joe Biden in this general election. (Biden, who will turn 78 shortly after the election, would eclipse Trump as the oldest person ever elected to a first term.) And Trump, without any evidence, has repeatedly questioned Biden’s mental capacity and ability to do the job he is seeking. For what it’s worth, there is also no evidence of Biden suffering from any sort of medical issue like Trump alleged in his Tuesday tweet.

Trump’s strategic decision to put a premium on health and mental acuity means that it’s fair game to want answers about his own standing on those issues. And, with Schmidt’s new reporting added into the mix, we have A LOT more questions than answers on that front.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 02:08 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure Trump is just doing everything he can to make sure the 2020 election suffers what could be described as the electoral equivalent of a mistrial.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 06:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure Trump is just doing everything he can to make sure the 2020 election suffers what could be described as the electoral equivalent of a mistrial.

So he gets the boot in January and Pelosi becomes president?

Seems pretty short sighted.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 07:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So he gets the boot in January and Pelosi becomes president?

Yes it does.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 07:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So he gets the boot in January and Pelosi becomes president?

I find it interesting that everyone when talking about it has said Pelosi becomes president in the scenario. It's not just you, I've seen it everywhere. But the new Congress is seated before the inauguration. What if there is a new Speaker? What if the Republicans regain the House?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 07:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I find it interesting that everyone when talking about it has said Pelosi becomes president in the scenario. It's not just you, I've seen it everywhere. But the new Congress is seated before the inauguration. What if there is a new Speaker? What if the Republicans regain the House?

Damn it, Matt. You trying to give some people on here nightmares? LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 03:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Damn it, Matt. You trying to give some people on here nightmares? LOL

I have to share them with others. I can't suffer alone. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 07:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I find it interesting that everyone when talking about it has said Pelosi becomes president in the scenario. It's not just you, I've seen it everywhere. But the new Congress is seated before the inauguration. What if there is a new Speaker? What if the Republicans regain the House?

Obviously it doesn't have to be Pelosi - but the point stands it won't be the Big Orange Bunker Boy.

You're also presuming that if Trump tries some election fuckery, Congress won't follow suit.
Reply/Quote