***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
Well that doesn't look good for CJ.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
the music after CJ is hurt lol…
Reply/Quote
Dang, CJ looks injured. Sad.
Reply/Quote
New user but don’t know how to start a thread. Here’s the truth.

They say the game is won in the trenches. Both of ours are terrible. I think our defensive line can be addressed the easiest. Dunlap is old and not as explosive, Atkins is hurt, reader is a great one trick pony, Lawson is a good one trick pony but in reverse, Hubbard is a good backup. We need a great (not even elite) pass rusher. That would go a long way.

Our offensive line is horrendous. Burrow is probably our second most impactful player outside of green (Boyd is good but doesn’t impact the game in a dramatic way) Hopkins outplayed his ability last year. He’s not terrible but he isn’t dominant either. Jonah is learning and hard to judge what he might become. Our right side is just a disaster and needs to be fixed. The problem is drafting is unpredictable. And no team gives up a great lineman who is asking for his value or less monetarily. So we’re stuck with drafting (take time to develop unless they’re absolute freaks) or finding diamonds in the rough.

The point is... both lines need help. Defense can be addressed in one swoop but that leaves our franchise qb vulnerable.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 11:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dear lord no. It doesn't matter if we have the greatest QB ever. We need an OL and a coach.

And a pass rush.

Reply/Quote
Hey guys, I got an idea. Let’s run it out of the shotgun and see if we can fool them that we are passing. You think that would work? I know it hasn’t worked every ***** time but maybe, just maybe, this time they think we will pass it? Oh damn they got us in the backfield again. I don’t know how they keep guessing our plays. I know our line sucks and can’t just smash it down their throats like Roethlisberger does when he rapes ladies, but this should work after trying it 2 hundred and 7 times. Maybe next time it will though because we think the line will be better on this drive while Booby Shart sits there watching people go right by him. We got a guy next to the dumb **** that wasn’t drafted either that was on a practice squad so it will work out eventually. Probably when whe are down and there 3rd string is in.
Reply/Quote
That Red Cross commercial song sounds like some sort of parody.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow threw two uncatchable balls to him. Nothing to do with AJ.

That said, agreed he doesn't look the same.

That was very catchable for AJ, a little behind, but went right through his hands.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:11 AM)crosley19 Wrote: New user but don’t know how to start a thread.  Here’s the truth.

They say the game is won in the trenches. Both of ours are terrible.  I think our defensive line can be addressed the easiest.  Dunlap is old and not as explosive, Atkins is hurt, reader is a great one trick pony, Lawson is a good one trick pony but in reverse, Hubbard is a good backup. We need a great (not even elite) pass rusher.  That would go a long way.

Our offensive line is horrendous.  Burrow is probably our second most impactful player outside of green (Boyd is good but doesn’t impact the game in a dramatic way - I’ll hit on this later) Hopkins outplayed his ability last year. He’s not terrible but he isn’t dominant either.  Jonah is learning and hard to judge what he might become.  Our right side is just a disaster and needs to be fixed.  The problem is drafting is unpredictable.  And no team gives up a great lineman who is asking for his value or less monetarily.  So we’re stuck with drafting (take time to develop unless they’re absolute freaks) or finding diamond in the rough.  

The point is... both lines need help.  Defense can be addressed in one swoop but that leaves our franchise qb vulnerable.

Carl Lawson has actually been playing early downs and not looking bad against the run.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Make Auden Tate a tight end
Reply/Quote
Did Baker get antsy from not doing commercials constantly?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:10 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: He is not. Slow and explosiveness is not there.  

Cleveland knows we cannot go deep because our O-line is so bad.
Reply/Quote
Holy shit, AJ Green is fking SLOW!
Reply/Quote
Fred Johnson misses the stunt
Reply/Quote
Uzomah looks done. It looked like something tore/popped loose on his right leg. You could see a little shockwave in his leg.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We'll take it

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:12 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: That was very catchable for AJ, a little behind, but went right through his hands.

Not looking bad and making an impact are different. Hubbard doesn’t look bad doing either. But he doesn’t consistently beat his man doing either.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:13 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Did Baker get antsy from not doing commercials constantly?

Does our o-line suck because they did a bunch of commercials? 
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen 2.0
Reply/Quote
Big penalty. Gotta take advantage.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote