Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(10-06-2020, 01:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ????????? I have no idea where you are going with this question.

This is what I do know, Democrats disrespected the POTUS prior to being in office one day. Why? Why did they hate him more than they loved our country?

I will root for Biden to be a great President because he is, Americans all win. I won't go all in to impeach him or go after him with fake accusations because I wanted Trump to win. In other words, I will be an adult and pray he keeps America great while making some improvements along the way.

(10-06-2020, 05:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You people can't even take winning well. Biden has kept all his promises for 47 years, why would anyone worry he is a fraud and swamp creature? I guess that means we should all take up arms, resist his every move and if need be start a civil war if Trump wins.

Or we can be adults, protect our earned money from the government, quit spending money and live life until the market crashes and we are in a depression.

Mellow

(10-07-2020, 08:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He can't help it your are as a dumb as a rock. He said yesterday, he is ready to sign stand alone legislation stimulus package to Nancy, but refuses to bail out states and fund illegal immibgrants which is inthe 2.2  trillion bill.

Read her bill and there are poison pillls everywhere. Why? Simple, Pelosi and Democrats want a political win to amke Trump look bad, they don't care about the middle class or those out of jobs. If they did, they would have opened all schools a log time ago as a 99.999 chance a kid thatgets China virus survives it which BTW is a better chance than the common flu. That is a fact.

But stay hateful which causes your ignorance for all to see.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 11:52 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, that I think is true for every politician at every time: They are usually not as bad as the political opponent and malevolent journalists make them out to be. Including Trump, and, as your link clearly shows, including Biden.

Most "Trump is bad" stories (certainly not all of them) have more facts and honesty to them then your "Biden is bad" story, which was just a bunch of nothing.

I was just pointing out that Biden offended some people with his comments.  I actually don't think Biden is a racist and just made some gaffes.  And I don't think Trump is either.  At this point that word is so overused it means nothing.

Problem is if Trump said the same thing he would be called a racist and it would be headline news on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS.  I just want fair coverage of everybody.  I know there will be a little slant, but when all but one major media outlet is part of the DNC, that is just too much.  Just cover things fairly on both sides.

Did you see the reactions of CNN and MSNBC when Trump came out of the White House and took of his mask?  My gosh.  Let's just say they looked like complete and utter fools.  If that was Biden they would be saying how strong he is, how he conveyed such strength, etc, etc.  It's all so dramatically fake.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He can't help it your are as a dumb as a rock. He said yesterday, he is ready to sign stand alone legislation stimulus package to Nancy, but refuses to bail out states and fund illegal immibgrants which is inthe 2.2  trillion bill.

What funding of illegal immigrants are you talking about? I saw nothing about this claim in the text of the legislation. As for "bailing out states," well, the federal government has more capability to help with that sort of thing than the states have to do it on their own. This isn't a confederation, we are one nation, and if the states need help then we should look to do so.

(10-07-2020, 08:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Read her bill and there are poison pillls everywhere. Why? Simple, Pelosi and Democrats want a political win to amke Trump look bad, they don't care about the middle class or those out of jobs. If they did, they would have opened all schools a log time ago as a 99.999 chance a kid thatgets China virus survives it which BTW is a better chance than the common flu. That is a fact.

But stay hateful which causes your ignorance for all to see.

So, the whole "kids will be fine" argument is asinine and rooted in absolute ignorance of the virus. Sure, the vast majority of kids will be fine if they contract it. But you know who won't? Teachers, administrators, parents, grandparents, etc., etc. You see the asymptomatic carries are one of the largest concerns with schools opening, and that has consistently been explained in the media and on this board. That information is there, so you are choosing to ignore this.

As for the "poison pills," that's how the legislative process tends to work. Each chamber puts out a bill and they negotiate. Most of that stuff would be thrown out in conference and we know that. Pelosi knows that. However, the Senate has refused to do anything about the matter. They haven't passed their own bill to take it to conference. They haven't taken up the House bill and amended the shit out of it. Why? Well, we'd have to ask McConnell to find out the answer to that one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:56 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I was just pointing out that Biden offended some people with his comments.  I actually don't think Biden is a racist and just made some gaffes.  And I don't think Trump is either.  At this point that word is so overused it means nothing.

Problem is if Trump said the same thing he would be called a racist and it would be headline news on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS.  I just want fair coverage of everybody.  I know there will be a little slant, but when all but one major media outlet is part of the DNC, that is just too much.  Just cover things fairly on both sides.

Did you see the reactions of CNN and MSNBC when Trump came out of the White House and took of his mask?  My gosh.  Let's just say they looked like complete and utter fools.  If that was Biden they would be saying how strong he is, how he conveyed such strength, etc, etc.  It's all so dramatically fake.

Well, Trump has been found guilty of racist acts by the federal government. So there is that. He kind of has a history of this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:56 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I was just pointing out that Biden offended some people with his comments.  I actually don't think Biden is a racist and just made some gaffes.  And I don't think Trump is either.  At this point that word is so overused it means nothing.

I can only concede this point so often :) though I do believe you also exaggerate a bit. None of these stations, with the possible exception of some MSNBC shows (that indeed are a bit much when it comes to partisanship) can be seen as democratic outlet comparable to FOX being a republican one. They thoroughly dislike Trump, that much is true, but that's what comes with being Trump. You can't overlook how often he tells untruths and how often he just swears at other people, including media people. He calls them enemy of the people and whatnot, that he doesn't get good press is largely due to these rather awful things he repeatedly says. Reap what you sow and all that.

For the Biden thing you posted, I believe (sure I can't prove that) that no major outlet would ever even take notice if Trump had said the exact same thing. There just isn't anything racist, or even gaffe-like, in the thing Biden said. If there is a significant number of black people taking any issue with that, I will reconsider my stance - as of now though, it seems the group that allegedly got "offended" by that is in reality not offended. And while this appears to be so, no one really should be offended on black people's behalf either.

(10-07-2020, 08:56 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Did you see the reactions of CNN and MSNBC when Trump came out of the White House and took of his mask?  My gosh.  Let's just say they looked like complete and utter fools.  If that was Biden they would be saying how strong he is, how he conveyed such strength, etc, etc.  It's all so dramatically fake.

Yeah, and in this case I happen to agree with them. It is against all recommendations from all medical experts to run around in the vicinity other people without a mask while infected. In fact, it isn't even recommended to be around other people with a mask on; Trump, like everyone else infected, is supposed to quarantine. Trump behaved reckless, in the photo op and even more so when he had himself being driven around with closed windows and endangering his own secret service agents.
I concede there are examples where the so-called "mainstream" news channels indeed take it too far, this particular instance imho just isn't amongst them. They would not applaud Biden for going maskless either. You just speculate about that with no real basis in fact.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 09:14 AM)hollodero Wrote: I can only concede this point so often :) though I do believe you also exaggerate a bit. None of these stations, with the possible exception of some MSNBC shows (that indeed are a bit much when it comes to partisanship) can be seen as democratic outlet comparable to FOX being a republican one. They thoroughly dislike Trump, that much is true, but that's what comes with being Trump. You can't overlook how often he tells untruths and how often he just swears at other people, including media people. He calls them enemy of the people and whatnot, that he doesn't get good press is largely due to these rather awful things he repeatedly says. Reap what you sow and all that.

For the Biden thing you posted, I believe (sure I can't prove that) that no major outlet would ever even take notice if Trump had said the exact same thing. There just isn't anything racist, or even gaffe-like, in the thing Biden said. If there is a significant number of black people taking any issue with that, I will reconsider my stance - as of now though, it seems the group that allegedly got "offended" by that is in reality not offended. And while this appears to be so, no one really should be offended on black people's behalf either.

Yeah, and in this case I happen to agree with them. It is against all recommendations from all medical experts to run around in the vicinity other people without a mask while infected. In fact, it isn't even recommended to be around other people with a mask on; Trump, like everyone else infected, is supposed to quarantine. Trump behaved reckless, in the photo op and even more so when he had himself being driven around with closed windows and endangering his own secret service agents.
I concede there are examples where the so-called "mainstream" news channels indeed take it too far, this particular instance imho just isn't amongst them. They would not applaud Biden for going maskless either. You just speculate about that with no real basis in fact.

I hear ya and respect what you are saying.  I disagree with some though.  I get the media pointing out maybe Trump should put on his mask.  I didn't care because he had stepped outside and was a safe distance from people.  The media absolutely lost their collective s!@t.  I mean they went over the top, poco freakin' loco.  I was embarrassed for them.

The problem is they were fine with that huge multi thousand peaceful march (I forget where) of people packed together.  It was a great, wonderful thing they said.  No mention of COVID, lack of masks or social distancing.  The mask, social distancing outrage when convenient is so transparent.  

They also give a free pass to the Peaceful and not so peaceful protesters.  So, ya, I see it as a very fake and very dramatic outrage.  Chris Cuomo, their own guy, went out WHILE INFECTED, without a mask, lied about staying quarantined and then lit into a normal citizen who saw him and called him out.  Crickets from the media, but Trump on an outdoor balcony without a mask and socially distanced and the world is going to end?  So ya, again, fake dramatic outrage.

As far as Trump fighting with the media, do you remember the media constantly talking about impeaching Trump before he was even sworn in as President?  The media has never given Trump a fair shake.  When Hillary lost they lost their dang minds and became obsessed with hating Trump.  Heck man, they even made Middle East peace sound like a bad thing.  
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 09:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, Trump has been found guilty of racist acts by the federal government. So there is that. He kind of has a history of this.

Help me out with this one.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:07 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Help me out with this one.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking of the real estate thing from like 40-50 years ago where Trump was found to have been guilty of discriminating against black people. 

There is a defense of Trump for doing this but, IIRC, it's something like "everybody was doing it" or something like that.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:07 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Help me out with this one.

(10-07-2020, 10:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I could be wrong, but I'm thinking of the real estate thing from like 40-50 years ago where Trump was found to have been guilty of discriminating against black people. 

There is a defense of Trump for doing this but, IIRC, it's something like "everybody was doing it" or something like that.

Ya'll need to learn how to Google things.

Short of it is Donald and Fred Trump were sued for violating the 1968 Fair Housing Act. They settled without having to admit guilt.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:14 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Ya'll need to learn how to Google things.

Short of it is Donald and Fred Trump were sued for violating the 1968 Fair Housing Act. They settled without having to admit guilt.

So then, Bel was wrong when said Trump was found guilty of racist acts by the federal government? Or was he referring to something else?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: So then, Bel was wrong when said Trump was found guilty of racist acts by the federal government? Or was he referring to something else?

No, that's what I was thinking of, the Nixon administration bringing suit against him. I didn't realize that they didn't admit guilt.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Again, Trump has said this over and over again so never left. He has wanted stand along bills all along, Nabcy wanted the 3.4 trillion and then the 2.4 trillion which the poison pills. Read her bills, or STFU already,

He called for a halt to all COVID talks. He got lots of blowback. He then called for specific COVID measures.

That’s a man with a deadly virus on steroids acting erratically
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:02 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I hear ya and respect what you are saying.  I disagree with some though.  I get the media pointing out maybe Trump should put on his mask.  I didn't care because he had stepped outside and was a safe distance from people.  The media absolutely lost their collective s!@t.  I mean they went over the top, poco freakin' loco.  I was embarrassed for them.

The problem is they were fine with that huge multi thousand peaceful march (I forget where) of people packed together.  It was a great, wonderful thing they said.  No mention of COVID, lack of masks or social distancing.  The mask, social distancing outrage when convenient is so transparent.  

They also give a free pass to the Peaceful and not so peaceful protesters.  So, ya, I see it as a very fake and very dramatic outrage.  Chris Cuomo, their own guy, went out WHILE INFECTED, without a mask, lied about staying quarantined and then lit into a normal citizen who saw him and called him out.  Crickets from the media, but Trump on an outdoor balcony without a mask and socially distanced and the world is going to end?  So ya, again, fake dramatic outrage.

As far as Trump fighting with the media, do you remember the media constantly talking about impeaching Trump before he was even sworn in as President?  The media has never given Trump a fair shake.  When Hillary lost they lost their dang minds and became obsessed with hating Trump.  Heck man, they even made Middle East peace sound like a bad thing.  

I share many of your observations, I agree that most of the US media is particularly opinionated, so no real argument there in general. (I don't agree 100% with everything, but I see the point and I agree to some extent.)

About Trump and masks though, for one I feel this can not be seen as an isolated incident, but rather as part of an imho concerning pattern of Trump recklessly playing down the dangers of corona. Not only did he take off his mask for the WH photo op (something he should not have done, aside from directly endangering his surroundings there is something like a role model function for a president); he also tweeted that corona is not all that dangerous, compared it to the flu, called for not being afraid of it... this I find quite outrageous, considering there are over 200.000 corona deaths as of now, and counting, and no one gets experimental antibody cocktails and all that other high-end stuff normal people do not have access to. And then he adds on this no mask photo op and his trip in a closed vehicle and it fits a picture where I have to agree with the underlying sentiment of the critizism he gets for it.

That the media tends to take certain things too far does not take away from that impression of mine, and I feel you're kind of using the media exaggerations as argument for acquitting Trump of any guilt or wrongdoing. And this is where I cannot follow. As you probably do not know, I am not an American, rather an US fan from abroad... and if our chancellor had behaved like Trump in similar circumstances, I would find it pretty hard to bear as well. This assessment has nothing to do with any picture the media paints.
Reply/Quote
Quote:White House's Larry Kudlow on Trump cutting off talks: "We’ve only got four weeks to the election, & we have a justice of the Supreme Court to get passed. It’s too close to the election -- not enough time to get stuff done at this stage in the game"

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1313829905159917569
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:58 AM)hollodero Wrote: I share many of your observations, I agree that most of the US media is particularly opinionated, so no real argument there in general. (I don't agree 100% with everything, but I see the point and I agree to some extent.)

About Trump and masks though, for one I feel this can not be seen as an isolated incident, but rather as part of an imho concerning pattern of Trump recklessly playing down the dangers of corona. Not only did he take off his mask for the WH photo op (something he should not have done, aside from directly endangering his surroundings there is something like a role model function for a president); he also tweeted that corona is not all that dangerous, compared it to the flu, called for not being afraid of it... this I find quite outrageous, considering there are over 200.000 corona deaths as of now, and counting, and no one gets experimental antibody cocktails and all that other high-end stuff normal people do not have access to. And then he adds on this no mask photo op and his trip in a closed vehicle and it fits a picture where I have to agree with the underlying sentiment of the critizism he gets for it.

That the media tends to take certain things too far does not take away from that impression of mine, and I feel you're kind of using the media exaggerations as argument for acquitting Trump of any guilt or wrongdoing. And this is where I cannot follow. As you probably do not know, I am not an American, rather an US fan from abroad... and if our chancellor had behaved like Trump in similar circumstances, I would find it pretty hard to bear as well. This assessment has nothing to do with any picture the media paints.

Good points.

I actually agree with Trump that you shouldn't be scared of Covid or let it dominate your life.  Cautious, but not lockdown everything scared.  

I liked his message.  I thought it was uplifting and showed strength and resilience.  We all know if Obama said the exact same thing it would be the best most awesome thing in the world.  I truly believe that.  They hate the man, not the message.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 12:30 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I liked his message.  I thought it was uplifting and showed strength and resilience.  We all know if Obama said the exact same thing it would be the best most awesome thing in the world.  I truly believe that.  They hate the man, not the message.

Or people could just be leery that Trump has an ulterior motive and is pushing a "me-first" narrative, as always.  Even the most universal and non-threatening messages can take a turn depending on the history of the person saying it.

I'd like to buy the world a Coke is just a silly marketing slogan until Bill Cosby says it, for example.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 12:30 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Good points.

I actually agree with Trump that you shouldn't be scared of Covid or let it dominate your life.  Cautious, but not lockdown everything scared.  

I liked his message.  I thought it was uplifting and showed strength and resilience.  We all know if Obama said the exact same thing it would be the best most awesome thing in the world.  I truly believe that.  They hate the man, not the message.

Releasing one’s tax returns has killed 210K less people than Covid in the US. Don’t be such a *****, Donald.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 12:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Releasing one’s tax returns has killed 210K less people than Covid in the US. Don’t be such a *****, Donald.

I have never and don't care now if any Prez candidate releases their tax returns.  Non issue for me.

210K out of 325M in 7 months.  Good job Trump!  Pretty sure that was a best case scenario when this all started.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1313864229707866113
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 12:53 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I have never and don't care now if any Prez candidate releases their tax returns.  Non issue for me.

210K out of 325M in 7 months.  Good job Trump!  Pretty sure that was a best case scenario when this all started.

Best case was 15 down to zero very soon. Totally under control. At some point it became less than 100K would be a very good job. Now he saved 2.5 million and 200K is a good job.

The goal posts keep moving.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, I’m just sayin’ Trump has nothing to fear about releasing his tax returns because there is no chance it could kill him, unlike Covid, so he should stop being such a ***** about them.
Reply/Quote