Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(10-15-2020, 10:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Its not like it spreads in the air or anything.

Rolleyes

I stated I was wrong about that because it's difficult to spread unless someone sneezes or coughs and you're inside in a closed setting (or if someone sneezes or coughs right in your face).

Furthermore, that comment offered nothing to the conversation.

How childish can you be?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Two high schools just cancelled a soccer game because they each had a positive test.

First off, I didn't think kids that young got it too often.

Two, I hadn't heard of many cases in Northern Kentucky.

I'm starting to get freaked out about this...........

One of my students got it. He was able to make it to online class, but he had a lot of fatigue. For me, the worry is the long lasting damage to organs (brain, lungs, heart) not death.

That said, I have been safe so I am not too worried. As long as you're safe, man, no reason to be freaked out. It's tough not doing a lot of things I miss doing, but I figured only a few more months until a vaccine. Stay strong.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Two high schools just cancelled a soccer game because they each had a positive test.

Yes, they do. That’s why many schools have offered both distance learning and traditional classroom options after consulting with local public health and medical experts instead of listening to politicians.

Quote:Two, I hadn't heard of many cases in Northern Kentucky.

Since this is a new coronavirus, no one has immunity thus everyone is susceptible to infection. There are confirmed re-infections so we aren’t sure how long a person might be immune to re-infection after an initial infection. You can think of people like fuel for a fire. This virus is going to burn across the country wherever there is fuel (which in this case is people.) If your local area hasn’t been affected yet, just wait, it will be.

Quote:I'm starting to get freaked out about this...........

You don’t need to be freaked out, but you do need to take it seriously. Follow the recommendations from the experts to protect yourself and others. If you feel sick; self isolate, contact your doctor, and follow their advice.

Here is information from a credible source to help you protect yourself and others and stay safe:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rolleyes

I stated I was wrong about that because it's difficult to spread unless someone sneezes or coughs and you're inside in a closed setting (or if someone sneezes or coughs right in your face).

Furthermore, that comment offered nothing to the conversation.

How childish can you be?

It’s not difficult. Fifteen (nonconsecutive) minutes within 6’ of someone (whether or not they are coughing or sneezing) is all it takes to get infected.

You were deliberately lead astray by a politician you trusted with misleading information. Happens to all of us. Last time it happened to me I found myself invading a country over a bunch of god damn lies. You live and you learn.

If I could offer a word of advice: don’t listen to a guy who defrauded students and stole from charities because he isn’t trustworthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One of my students got it. He was able to make it to online class, but he had a lot of fatigue. For me, the worry is the long lasting damage to organs (brain, lungs, heart) not death.

That said, I have been safe so I am not too worried. As long as you're safe, man, no reason to be freaked out. It's tough not doing a lot of things I miss doing, but I figured only a few more months until a vaccine. Stay strong.

(Hopefully) only a few more months until a vaccine.  I just saw today where one or two trials were suspended because of side effects.

I figured that it had to be inevitable to happen before Christmas (I would more than likely be able to get it, even if it weren't available to everyone because I'm high risk, but now I'm seeing predictions that one possibly won't be ready until the summer or even late 2021.  I do wonder how much of it is politically motivated since it seems to have taken such a turn.  

I am being safe, like I mentioned, by only going to the gym (and doing it in the morning at 7 a.m. before it gets crowded), to restaurants that are in rolling distance where I can eat outdoors, and then out on the corner to wave, but I'm still freaked because some people stop by to chat and don't respect personal space.  Take Wednesday, for example: this guy brought his five or six kids (a few were step-kids) by to meet me and he put on a mask, but, before they left, he hugged me and it just freaked me the hell out.  We both had masks on and being outdoors make it unlikely, but he still should know better in the middle of a pandemic.  

A friend of mine did open a restaurant in Covington, which is directly across the river from Cincinnati in Kentucky, and another friend took me to brunch with his new girlfriend to help seal the deal ( Hilarious), but we ate outside and rolled down in my crippled van (so I'm not sitting by either one, and I wore a mask anyways), and then I told my cousin I might go down to her son's football game in a few weeks, but, other than that, I'm never near anyone that could give it to me (unless my brother-in-law or sister get it and then come over my place, which is unlikely because my b-i-l works from home and sister is 8 months pregnant, so she doesn't leave).  

A lot of people do that sort of thing, even if I'm indoors (which I rarely am, but sometimes at the gym or if I roll in a place to get food because some places don't have online ordering or anything).  

Let's just hope a vaccine does get developed and life can feel a little normal again.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 01:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It’s not difficult. Fifteen (nonconsecutive) minutes within 6’ of someone (whether or not they are coughing or sneezing) is all it takes to get infected.

You were deliberately lead astray by a politician you trusted with misleading information. Happens to all of us. Last time it happened to me I found myself invading a country over a bunch of god damn lies. You live and you learn.

If I could offer a word of advice: don’t listen to a guy who defrauded students and stole from charities because he isn’t trustworthy.

I don't get my information from Trump, but you're clearly showing your bias against him.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:06 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't get my information from Trump,

Bullshit.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Elephant-In-The-Room?pid=865733#pid865733

Quote:but you're clearly showing your bias against him.

Yes, I am clearly biased against Trump. In the same way I’m clearly biased against eating shit. I’m biased against driving on the wrong side of the road. I’m biased against jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. I’m biased against checking to see if a gun is unloaded by pulling the trigger instead of clearing the weapon. I’m biased against disinfectant injections. I’m biased against a lot of stupid shit. But, having a bias doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

As a medical provider who sees patients with suspected or known Covid 19, I’m biased against anyone who deliberately lies to others putting their health and potentially even their life at risk to selfishly help themselves get re-elected.

I’m funny that way.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Bullshit.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Elephant-In-The-Room?pid=865733#pid865733

Here's my quote:

Quote:Trump's medical experts:

Trump is one of his own medical experts?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's my quote:

Trump is one of his own medical experts?

1) From the article, “detailed at a White House coronavirus briefing last week.” Trump talked about it the week before that article. It’s why he suggested hitting the body with a powerful light. The only reason Trump talked about it was to bolster his lies that the heat of summer would kill the virus.

2) The Department of Homeland Security is hardly medical experts. Did you ever wonder why that study came from the DHS instead of the NIH or CDC, for example? You know, organizations actually known for medical experts and medical research? Or why that study was never published or peer reviewed? Because it’s bullshit.
Reply/Quote

Two, I hadn't heard of many cases in Northern Kentucky.

I'm starting to get freaked out about this...........

Eh, I dunno how it is up there. We've had literally dozens of cancellations in soccer and football here in western kentucky. I'm literally (I hate using that word, but I'm trying to show some emphasis here) texting my ADs every day to find out what games are still going on.

Oddly enough, very few volleyball and girls soccer cancellations. 

But yeah, we've had multiple kids in just my home county get it, let alone the 1-2 regions. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 01:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: (Hopefully) only a few more months until a vaccine.  I just saw today where one or two trials were suspended because of side effects.

I figured that it had to be inevitable to happen before Christmas (I would more than likely be able to get it, even if it weren't available to everyone because I'm high risk, but now I'm seeing predictions that one possibly won't be ready until the summer or even late 2021.  I do wonder how much of it is politically motivated since it seems to have taken such a turn.  

I am being safe, like I mentioned, by only going to the gym (and doing it in the morning at 7 a.m. before it gets crowded), to restaurants that are in rolling distance where I can eat outdoors, and then out on the corner to wave, but I'm still freaked because some people stop by to chat and don't respect personal space.  Take Wednesday, for example: this guy brought his five or six kids (a few were step-kids) by to meet me and he put on a mask, but, before they left, he hugged me and it just freaked me the hell out.  We both had masks on and being outdoors make it unlikely, but he still should know better in the middle of a pandemic.  

A friend of mine did open a restaurant in Covington, which is directly across the river from Cincinnati in Kentucky, and another friend took me to brunch with his new girlfriend to help seal the deal ( Hilarious), but we ate outside and rolled down in my crippled van (so I'm not sitting by either one, and I wore a mask anyways), and then I told my cousin I might go down to her son's football game in a few weeks, but, other than that, I'm never near anyone that could give it to me (unless my brother-in-law or sister get it and then come over my place, which is unlikely because my b-i-l works from home and sister is 8 months pregnant, so she doesn't leave).  

A lot of people do that sort of thing, even if I'm indoors (which I rarely am, but sometimes at the gym or if I roll in a place to get food because some places don't have online ordering or anything).  

Let's just hope a vaccine does get developed and life can feel a little normal again.

Did politics affect Regeneron developing their experimental monoclonal antibody cocktail Trump received via a compassionate use waiver? No.

Do you actually believe for one second a major pharmaceutical company would delay production of a life saving vaccine and risk losing billions of dollars to a competitor over politics?

Do you think researchers developing a life saving vaccine would risk lives by delaying a vaccines development over politics?

Again, stop believing Trump’s bullshit lies.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 01:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It’s not difficult. Fifteen (nonconsecutive) minutes within 6’ of someone (whether or not they are coughing or sneezing) is all it takes to get infected.

What about a guy with a track record of proven plagiarism?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
Our local public schools wen with a one day on, one day off schedule.  Half the students there Monday and Thursday.  The other half Tuesday and Friday.  Wednesday in for cleaning the buildings.  Virtual learning is available on the off days and Wednesdays.

They went back to four days (all but Wednesday) for all students this week and just had their first positive case since then.

Football started late but played 3/4 of a season.

All other fall sports seemed to play as normal.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 09:54 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: What about a guy with a track record of proven plagiarism?   Ninja

Leave the First Lady out of this.
Reply/Quote
https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-cases-since-june
Reply/Quote
Looks like Florida won't be close to NY like some predicted.

FL deaths 16,104
NY deaths 33,000
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Leave the First Lady out of this.

Nice deflection.  And I didn't say anything about Michelle.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1208059942867869
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:44 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nice deflection.  And I didn't say anything about Michelle.

I was joking about Melania plagiarizing Michelle.

Deflecting? I mentioned Trump defrauding students and stealing from two charities four years ago and you bring up Biden plagiarism from over 3 decades ago. Then accuse me of deflecting? LOL

Granted plagiarism is bad and another reason Biden is a flawed candidate and I wish I had a better choice. With that said, plagiarism pales in comparison to a $25M settlement for fraud. Or a court order preventing the Trumps from working with Trump charities because of , , , more f’n fraud.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:44 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nice deflection.  And I didn't say anything about Michelle.

You're engaging in whataboutism. In this case, you're comparing Biden possibly plagiarizing speeches (what a crime) with defrauding students and stealing from charities. As if they were the same thing or on the same level of wrong.

This way you just drag everyone down on Trump levels, everyone's crooked, eeryone's an awful human, and so Trump is no worse than anyone. Which just makes the world a sadder place.

And yeah Trump does the same thing, he often doesn't even bother much defending himself, he just claims everyone else is even more incompetent and dumb and bad and horrible. But this isn't true, and plagiarizing speeches is not the same thing as conning people to pay vast sums they often don't have to attend a fraud university.

Or just lieing about corona and smearing experts and rallying crowds against sensible measures for his own perceived benefit and with blatant disregard for other people's health and well-being. I really find that sorrowful, how a president constantly making up all kinds of monstrous lies about a dangerous and potentially deadly threat gets excused by all these dynamics. I get voting for him out of ideology or whatever, but for the life of me I don't get that.
Reply/Quote