Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(11-04-2020, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I said when this all started that my only concern was keeping the Senate. It's looking more and more likely that the Dems were unable to buy it.

Did the Republicans "buy" the seat they flipped?

BTW i would rather have won control of the senate than the presidency.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we can all acknowledge the mail in vote is mostly Biden; my question is why? Is their a common trait that mail in voters have that makes them lean Left? (I get that is fodder for the amateur comedians in the forum).

As I understand it, Biden was bolstered by the younger vote while Trump did better than expected with Seniors. Seems Senior would be the ones that had to mail in.

I don't go to the bank, haven't been to one in years. I do all my banking on my phone because it's more convenient and the idea of going to one doesn't make logical sense when it can all be accomplished without going there.

I am thinking that is probably at play here as the Republican base generally shades older, which are the same people who still prefer going to the bank.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did the Republicans "buy" the seat they flipped?
BTW i would rather have won control of the senate than the presidency.

Nope. I was talking about the huge amounts of money poured into the Carolinas for the Dems.

Tuberville would because he's a forrner football coach and college coaches are kings in that region. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree. There's a much better chance of the GOP taking the House in 2022. 

Ehh, you could argue the Senate seats up next cycle put the GOP in danger just as bad. Either way, nothing is getting done with this current structure as it looks right now for the next 2 years.
Reply/Quote
For the sake of 'non-biased fun' , who do you think will win knowing everything at this moment?

Or who do you think has the best chance as of now?

I had tune it all out today, but I know quite a few of you thankfully havent.

Thanks!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't go to the bank, haven't been to one in years. I do all my banking on my phone because it's more convenient and the idea of going to one doesn't make logical sense when it can all be accomplished without going there.

I am thinking that is probably at play here as the Republican base generally shades older, which are the same people who still prefer going to the bank.

Well I don't use the Postal Service much. Seems like mailing things such as letters, bills, and Birthday Cards with $2 in them is more of an old person thing

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I don't use the Postal Service much. Seems like mailing things such as letters, bills, and Birthday Cards with $2 in them is more of an old person thing

I usually don't either, but it's more of a "from my house" thing. I don't necessarily have any interest in going somewhere and standing in line when you don't have to. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:43 PM)Millhouse Wrote: For the sake of 'non-biased fun' , who do you think will win knowing everything at this moment?

Thanks!

Biden will win and I hope he does it before PA gets done using their abacus to count votes. Then we can let them have as long as the want and the Gov's claim that every PA vote matters is for not. 

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: I usually don't either, but it's more of a "from my house" thing. I don't necessarily have any interest in going somewhere and standing in line when you don't have to. 

So the common Biden factor is accommodation? 

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That was a data error and not what people are claiming. The originator of the claim even deleted his tweet and explained the error.

Hadn't gotten to that when I made my OP. But, thanks for the update. ThumbsUp

How's about the possibility that Arizona may not actually be for Biden, after all?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So the common Biden factor is accommodation? 

I'd say it is efficiency but to each their own. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we can all acknowledge the mail in vote is mostly Biden; my question is why? Is their a common trait that mail in voters have that makes them lean Left? (I get that is fodder for the amateur comedians in the forum).

As I understand it, Biden was bolstered by the younger vote while Trump did better than expected with Seniors. Seems Senior would be the ones that had to mail in.

I think there are a few reasons.  Younger voters have crappier jobs and more erratic work shifts on a workday, seniors are more likely to be retired and have Tuesdays at their leisure.  Voting in person is also a lot easier (in my experience of voting in rural PA multiple times, NY, and Pittsburgh) when you are in a rural area and you only have to wait 10 minutes max to vote.  I think a lot of highly populated urban areas have a disproportionately small number of places where people can vote which leads to long lines.  I voted in person, but I waited 10 minutes and I just had to walk down the street to vote.  I'm not going to pretend that I'd have spent 3 hours in line to vote.

So that's just a few things that spring to mind.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So the common Biden factor is accommodation? 

You could also argue that it's related to Trump telling his supporters NOT to mail theirs in and Biden told his to?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:43 PM)Millhouse Wrote: For the sake of 'non-biased fun' , who do you think will win knowing everything at this moment?

Thanks!

Unless Arizona gets flipped back to Trump, I don't see him winning. I think we're going to see something like 270 for Biden and 267 (or whatever the number would be) for Trump 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hadn't gotten to that when I made my OP. But, thanks for the update. ThumbsUp

How's about the possibility that Arizona may not actually be for Biden, after all?

Haven't really heard anything about it. I just looked on AZ's website and saw Biden ahead with 99% reporting.

https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/18/0
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Trump already saying he's going to request a recount in Wisconsin.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-request-recount-wisconsin
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Trump already saying he's going to request a recount in Wisconsin.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-request-recount-wisconsin

They better get that $3 Million upfront
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Haven't really heard anything about it. I just looked on AZ's website and saw Biden ahead with 99% reporting.

https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/18/0

Supposedly the 99% reporting was wrong. It was actually at 84%. 

https://nypost.com/2020/11/04/error-in-data-wrongly-said-98-of-ballots-counted-in-arizona/
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ehh, you could argue the Senate seats up next cycle put the GOP in danger just as bad. Either way, nothing is getting done with this current structure as it looks right now for the next 2 years.

Dems don’t seem to be as energetic in midterms. Biden’s existence will energize the right. That’s my guess anyway and good luck digging this up in two years.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dems don’t seem to be as energetic in midterms. Biden’s existence will energize the right. That’s my guess anyway and good luck digging this up in two years.

Haha, I won't be digging up anything we will go with it never happened. 
Reply/Quote