Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(11-04-2020, 03:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Trump already saying he's going to request a recount in Wisconsin.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-request-recount-wisconsin

And if PA turns blue, it'll be useless.

I wouldn't bother, if I were him; just wait out PA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: You could also argue that it's related to Trump telling his supporters NOT to mail theirs in and Biden told his to?

Jesus I hope not.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Supposedly the 99% reporting was wrong. It was actually at 84%. 

https://nypost.com/2020/11/04/error-in-data-wrongly-said-98-of-ballots-counted-in-arizona/

My 99% number came from the AZ website, though, and not the data source those claims came from. So I'm not sure what the issue is, there.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dems don’t seem to be as energetic in midterms. Biden’s existence will energize the right. That’s my guess anyway and good luck digging this up in two years.

If Trump wins re-election, Dems will most likely retake the Senate. If Biden wins election, Repubs will most likely gain more seats. Isn't that how it usually goes, though?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If Trump wins re-election, Dems will most likely retake the Senate. If Biden wins election, Repubs will most likely gain more seats. Isn't that how it usually goes, though?

Usually, unless there is some sort of "major event".
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My 99% number came from the AZ website, though, and not the data source those claims came from. So I'm not sure what the issue is, there.

But if that 99% number is coming from the same source as the other news media sites, then it's also incorrect. Right now, both CNN and Fox News have the same vote totals as the Arizona website but both are saying 86% reporting compared to the 99% on Arizona's website.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: But if that 99% number is coming from the same source as the other news media sites, then it's also incorrect. Right now, both CNN and Fox News have the same vote totals as the Arizona website but both are saying 86% reporting compared to the 99% on Arizona's website.

My 99% didn't come from a news media site, though. It wouldn't be the same source. This is just weird stuff.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And if PA turns blue, it'll be useless.

I wouldn't bother, if I were him; just wait out PA.

I don't disagree, but this is Trump we're talking about. Maybe he doesn't want to wait until January 2022 to find out if he won PA.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Usually, unless there is some sort of "major event".

You mean like a once in a century pandemic and a POS sadistic cop killing someone on video?

I generally agree with the points made though.  People tend to vote out the party in control of the presidency at midterms and as stated succinctly, the Dem turnout is usually much lower during the midterms.  I think this was the Dems absolute best shot at taking the Senate and they failed in spectacular fashion.  The only two seats they lost were a given, much like the Alabama seat.  If John James wins Michigan then you could start using the term "disaster" for the Dems.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1324064371228790785
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:25 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1324064371228790785

Tells me they see the writing on the wall.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:25 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1324064371228790785

Get ‘em out of the way. File and quash. File and quash.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:25 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1324064371228790785

Very democratic of him.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 03:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: You could also argue that it's related to Trump telling his supporters NOT to mail theirs in and Biden told his to?

Absolutely this.  

In 2016 the vast majority of friends who voted for Trump and those in line with me said they were using the paper ballots so the Democrats couldn't cheat.  This year they all voted in person because Trump told them the mail in ballots were going to lead to a lot of fraud.

Throw in the pandemic and the increased emphasis on the mail in voting from most states and you can see who used the process more.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
So I guess Biden just needs Michigan and Nevada now. Then stupid recounts and lawsuits.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So I guess Biden just needs Michigan and Nevada now. Then stupid recounts and lawsuits.

Ill debate politics with people (in real life) to an extent, but the one thing I didn't waiver on this time was the notion of "I just can't wait until Tuesday so this can be over."  That is the most pie-in-the-sky political dreaming I've ever heard.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If Trump wins re-election, Dems will most likely retake the Senate. If Biden wins election, Repubs will most likely gain more seats. Isn't that how it usually goes, though?

Now that the Senate seems safe; I'm at and have been at the point that says: Go Joe! 

He's a 1 term President and the DNC will have little choice but to back Harris in 2024 (If she hasn't already taken over). She will get slaughtered in a run against a viable conservative, while we all pay $3-4 a gallon at the pumps. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So I guess Biden just needs Michigan and Nevada now. Then stupid recounts and lawsuits.

If Arizona holds up, yes. There are still ~600,000 ballots left to count in Arizona and I have seen several sources talking about these could more R-leaning ballots, despite the fact that the majority of these ballots are in Maricopa county (Phoenix). Biden is currently ahead by about 94,000 votes in Arizona.

So, if Arizona holds, Michigan and Nevada bring it home for Biden. If Arizona flips, then Biden needs Michigan, Nevada and one of Georgia or Pennsylvania. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now that the Senate seems safe; I'm at and have been at the point that says: Go Joe! 

He's a 1 term President and the DNC will have little choice but to back Harris in 2024 (If she hasn't already taken over). She will get slaughtered in a run against a viable conservative, while we all pay $3-4 a gallon at the pumps. 

I'll dream Justin Amash in as the republican who beats Harris in 2024, but I'm really getting my head in the clouds there.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now that the Senate seems safe; I'm at and have been at the point that says: Go Joe! 

Nah, Tucker Carlson I don't think beats her. 
Reply/Quote