Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(11-05-2020, 09:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well hell it looks like a double runoff is likely in Ga so we won’t know the Senate until Jan. Who is the asshat Republican who split the vote in GA1?

Trumps parting gift to the party may be a meltdown so bad they somehow lose the Senate when it was all but done.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 09:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: This press conference is the single most embarrassing address a president has ever delivered, it’s not hyperbole it is an actual attempt to officially decry democracy in a fascist way. I actually think this press conference will be a big part of the historical review on Trump and his legacy. It’s the delusions of a narcissist, but even worse there were no adults left in the room to stop it.

Absolutely sickening.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 08:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure how to embed a tweet, so here is a swell link!

Man In 'BBQ, Beer, Freedom' Shirt Interrupts Nevada Press Conference To Rant About The Bidens

https://twitter.com/i/status/1324096011753689089

I have a lot of bias I guess. He is probably one of the more moderate trumpets.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if Trump actually believes he is being cheated or he thinks his chances for winning are slipping through his fingers and he can't accept the "potential" loss. I say potential because it's not over yet, but Trump seems to see the writing on the wall. Yogi Berra was right," It's not over 'till it's over." If Trump is declared the loser, what then? He and his son Eric are really trying to work up his supporters, what if they call for violence next? I'm not kidding about VP Pence and the Senate stepping in and invoking the 25th amendment if the President goes too far and calls for his supporters to not accept the results and to revolt. I pray it doesn't come to that, I don't think it will but with having heard Trump at 2:30 am on election night and again about 90 minutes ago I not so sure what he's planning to do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 10:05 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I don't know if Trump actually believes he is being cheated or he thinks his chances for winning are slipping through his fingers and he can't accept the "potential" loss. I say potential because it's not over yet, but Trump seems to see the writing on the wall. Yogi Berra was right," It's not over 'till it's over." If Trump is declared the loser, what then? He and his son Eric are really trying to work up his supporters, what if they call for violence next? I'm not kidding about VP Pence and the Senate stepping in and invoking the 25th amendment if the President goes too far and calls for his supporters to not accept the results and to revolt. I pray it doesn't come to that, I don't think it will but with having heard Trump at 2:30 am on election night and again about 90 minutes ago I not so sure what he's planning to do.

I said this to my wife tonight; if there are revolts and violence, esp. with firearms, I absolutely don't see the military or Natl. Guard (or both) NOT coming out and something like Martial Law being declared or something like that.

I hope to God that it doesn't happen down by you guys, but this nut is capable of anything and I fear that at the extreme end of things, this could happen.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 09:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Trump’s press conference.

I've turned off politics entirely since yesterday afternoon; except for this forum. From the commentary here it sounds quite bad. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've turned off politics entirely since yesterday afternoon; except for this forum. From the commentary here it sounds quite bad. 

I actually tuned back in today because of some of the things I've read here.

I wish I had your restraint; it's pretty ****** right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 09:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: This press conference is the single most embarrassing address a president has ever delivered, it’s not hyperbole it is an actual attempt to officially decry democracy in a fascist way. I actually think this press conference will be a big part of the historical review on Trump and his legacy. It’s the delusions of a narcissist, but even worse there were no adults left in the room to stop it.

He just made the choice of civil war.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
BTW, I told ya Georgia was turning blue yesterday.

It's because George Soros told me.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 08:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure how to embed a tweet, so here is a swell link!

Man In 'BBQ, Beer, Freedom' Shirt Interrupts Nevada Press Conference To Rant About The Bidens

https://twitter.com/i/status/1324096011753689089

"Biden crime family"--That is Hannity speak. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 10:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I actually tuned back in today because of some of the things I've read here.

I wish I had your restraint; it's pretty ****** right now.
It's not restraint; it's exhaustion. 

Now I might tune back in if they start questioning the control of the Senate. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 09:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/videos/gingrich-election-corruption-is-beginning-of-trumps-second-term/vi-BB1aHQCI

Newt is definitely whipping up the base.  And after he goes on and on about the "corruption" and "stealing the election" and so on and so forth he and Ingraham agree that Trump's supporters "aren't going to take it".

So he didn't call for violence...he just assumes it will happen.

For example:

I know, I know...no violence yet.  Let's hope for the best.  But is it ever a good sign when the supporters are outside chanting and reinforcements have to be called in to protect poll workers?

Yea that’s the one. Chances are I may have been a little drunk when I watched. But he talks about dems are stealing stealing stealing corrupt. And basically calls for an explosion of rage and then says those votes just won’t count and Trump will win all those states and references Lincoln (civil war) and gets all giddy about how powerful Trump will be afterwards with the ingrateham.

This guy has been a premier republican mouthpiece for years. You don’t speak those words on the most watched fake news network in the land without intent to incite violence.

And really I didn’t need to see that. That will be a real driver for my disdain for trumpets. This is America and we have his minions chanting stop the count after an election. GTFO of here with that god damn bullshit
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 10:05 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I don't know if Trump actually believes he is being cheated or he thinks his chances for winning are slipping through his fingers and he can't accept the "potential" loss. I say potential because it's not over yet, but Trump seems to see the writing on the wall. Yogi Berra was right," It's not over 'till it's over." If Trump is declared the loser, what then? He and his son Eric are really trying to work up his supporters, what if they call for violence next? I'm not kidding about VP Pence and the Senate stepping in and invoking the 25th amendment if the President goes too far and calls for his supporters to not accept the results and to revolt. I pray it doesn't come to that, I don't think it will but with having heard Trump at 2:30 am on election night and again about 90 minutes ago I not so sure what he's planning to do.

As I write this, at 8:40, Trump's numbers are climbing back up in Arizona. 

And it is not clear to me Biden can catch up in PA.  

So far as I can see, there is no clear winner yet.

But Trump needs the "I really won but they cheated" narrative whether he wins or loses. 

I cannot tell if he will really insist he has won even if Biden gets AZ and NV. 

But he is unstable and dismissive of rule of law and norms of civility.

So it cannot be ruled out.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 09:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well hell it looks like a double runoff is likely in Ga so we won’t know the Senate until Jan. Who is the asshat Republican who split the vote in GA1?

Doug Collins, who was an actual elected official rather than an appointee. He felt he was better suited to serve in the Senate than someone who got there by donating money and campaigned with racist Qanon followers. 

Georgia Republicans disagreed. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Doug Collins, who was an actual elected official rather than an appointee. He felt he was better suited to serve in the Senate than someone who got there by donating money and campaigned with racist Qanon followers. 

So Qanon is racist now? I have no idea who they are or what they believe. The first encounter I had with one of them was a older woman I met while I was a semi driver. She showed me a video of one of their things and I just wrote it off as some crazy conspiracy theory crap. All it seemed to me was anti-pedophilia stuff that had conspiracies all over. Just out of curiosity, because I don't really want to research into that nonsense, what is racist about them (since I haven't heard that they were racist yet)
Reply/Quote

Doug Collins, US Congressman and Air Force Reserve chaplain

Kelly Loeffler, CEO of business owned by her husband, appointed to the US Senate by Gov Kemp to replace the previous Senator who retired for health reasons.

I guess take your pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 08:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nobody has uncalled AZ though. I can’t figure out if they actually called it too early or if people just think they called it too early.

Fox called AZ a long ass time ago.  Methinks that is why Trump was going after Murdoch.  Further indication Trump is going to establish his "true news network" as soon as he's out of office.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 10:44 PM)Dill Wrote: As I write this, at 8:40, Trump's numbers are climbing back up in Arizona.

And it is not clear to me Biden can catch up in PA.

So far as I can see, there is no clear winner yet.

But Trump needs the "I really won but they cheated" narrative whether he wins or loses. 

I cannot tell if he will really insist he has won even if Biden gets AZ and NV. 

But he is unstable and dismissive of rule of law and norms of civility.

So it cannot be ruled out.

He may get AZ, we don't know (I don't think so).

He DEFINITELY will get Penn.

And he's getting Georgia. That will be the real salt in the wound.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He may get AZ, we don't know (I don't think so).

He DEFINITELY will get Penn.

And he's getting Georgia. That will be the real salt in the wound.

That’s why I haven’t been quick to celebrate. They have packed the courts for 4 years. And they have been trying to rig this election against Biden for Almost two years. When they talk about illegal ballot dumping. That means they are dumping illegal ballots.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Doug Collins, who was an actual elected official rather than an appointee. He felt he was better suited to serve in the Senate than someone who got there by donating money and campaigned with racist Qanon followers. 

So his goal had to be a runoff with him as one of the top two. No way he thought he could win it outright.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote