Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-16-2021, 12:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not excited about this. Would rather have Lawson. Basically downgraded at the position.

Literally did, he was viewed as the back-up plan if they couldn't re-sign Lawson.

They let the guaranteed money be an issue and had to settle.

Spent a good chunk of the cap and we are still in need of 3 O-linemen and another edge rusher.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-16-2021, 12:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Team was last in the league in sacks. Team signs guy who finished the year 2nd in the league in sacks.

Fans complain

There's a whole hell of a lot more to it than that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Not down on the new guy till I see him play. However 4yrs / 60 mil = 15 mil yr and 3yrs / 45 mil = 15 mil yr. So basically you effed up with Lawson (same price and knows the system already) and knew people were pissed since you lost out on OL with same less money offered methods and this was to try to save face..

Go get Trent Williams or one of the other mentioned decent remaining OL and I may feel differently. Hendrickson looks like a panic sinking ship type grab with news that Jackson is potentially out as well.

No one wants to rely on rookies plugging holes to help Burrow not die.

Be smarter than last year. Sewell is not guaranteed at 5. Get OL now.

Signed everyone

Wipe away the tears
(03-16-2021, 12:04 AM)CincinnatiBengals55 Wrote: [/url][url=https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1371648727589478404?s=20]https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1371648727589478404?s=20

Step down off the ledge fellas.

What's interesting is another Next Gen Stats tweet says Lawson has a 12.3% career pressure rate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1371640798354272259?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3ANextGenStats%7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnextgenstats.nfl.com%2F

Hendrickson had a 16.3% pressure rate last year.
So what was this guy's PFF rating compared to Lawson?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(03-16-2021, 12:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's still a C available that's been the best pass blocker the last 2 years. 

That team that really loves their QB let their starting Center walk. I see where he only gave up 11 pressures and 0 sacks last year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

18 sacks last 2 years and healthy, watch sack clip last year , love the bull rush plus pressure off age and plays to the whistle.
Whoever needs to hear this....

BOTH PARTIES HAVE TO WANT THE DEAL

Just because we have needs doesn’t mean we’re entitled to sign good players
-Housh
(03-16-2021, 12:38 AM)Housh Wrote: Whoever needs to hear this....

BOTH PARTIES HAVE TO WANT THE DEAL

Just because we have needs doesn’t mean we’re entitled to sign good players

Money helps. You cannot come in low to start when you are literally the worst / one of the worst teams in the league. If you think I am wrong, what are the Jets building that drew Lawson? It has already been said it was about $ and implied that way regarding a couple of OL already mentioned.
(03-16-2021, 12:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I said I blame myself. It took us almost 8 hours into FA to sign a top player in a position of need. 

I held out hope that folks could read the OP and take their roadshows to one of the many other threads, 

Technically, it was almost 8 hours into the legal tampering period.  FA doesn't actually start until Wednesday.
I mentioned in another thread, that Pat Kirwan loves this dude. Folks are trying to compare him to Lawson but the difference is this dude plays all over the dline to include the nose at times.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-16-2021, 12:32 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:

Wipe away the tears

Watch his get-off at the 2:06 mark.  Never saw Lawson do that.  Plus he can stay healthy.  I'll take it
(03-16-2021, 12:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There's a whole hell of a lot more to it than that. 

You’re right. We could have paid the same money to keep a guy who was a big part of our team which was last in sacks. Instead we went out and got a big ticket item at a position of need from another team.
(03-16-2021, 12:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So what was this guy's PFF rating compared to Lawson?

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Hendrickson has only played at the level he is being paid for 1 season. Even though Lawson hasn't had a healthy career when on the field he creates consistent pressure.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-16-2021, 12:58 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote:  

Thanks. Throw in this guy's versatility and Lawson's injury history and I'd say it's a wash. Probably still prefer this guy tbh. We've had too many guys with big contracts missing too many games lately. It's kinda a big deal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(03-16-2021, 01:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thanks. Throw in this guy's versatility and Lawson's injury history and I'd say it's a wash. Probably still prefer this guy tbh. We've had too many guys with big contracts missing too many games lately. It's kinda a big deal.

It is what it is in my book. Hendrickson had more talent on the DL in New Orleans to draw away blocks. Now he's the #1 guy here. Gotta hope that he can continue to get better.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Can we not merge threads for our pickups please. I enjoy going to
A thread completely dedicated to Hendrickson for example without having to sift through pages about FA signee #2 or even more pages about bitching about not signing people.
(03-16-2021, 12:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Like I said in another post, the issue beyond stats is his actual game. He’s a finesse speed guy that relies on havoc opposite him in terms of a collapsed pocket to get to the QB. If someone else on this line isn’t collapsing the pocket he is not going to succeed. It’s funny because if you put him and Lawson on the same line their strengths compliment each other really well and they’d be a top duo I think, but in this situation I don’t see Finesse winning without a counterpart here.

6 1/2 sacks that weren't coverage/clean up sacks where he got to the QB in 3 seconds or less. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."