Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-29-2021, 09:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Origins is completely open for the most part on how you do it...   Take out the whole base by stealth you can run in a fight them all is also possible but harder lol..

Loved to newer gameplay style especially how the controls are set up   Much more of an RPG in the newer titles than just the action adventure games of the original formula.   

I find Origins oddly to be the easiest version of the game thusfar for me to be sneaky in. Got the kill 10 enemies unseen trophy during casual play not even going for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 01:17 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I find Origins oddly to be the easiest version of the game thusfar for me to be sneaky in. Got the kill 10 enemies unseen trophy during casual play not even going for it.

right the choice is there and all the old skills are unlockable in the leveling tree.       So far of the new...  Origins and Valhalla (havent done much of odyssey yet)     Origins had the best environment just the english country side by comparison is dull (great looking but dull)     

Only thing i kinda miss from the new ones is the button timing kills...  (once you got enough kills in the old system every correct hit after was an instant kill... )  You dont get a great combat flow going like the old style   but combat is a lot of fun. and i still have plenty of the old ones to go back to... Think im going to grab the Enzio Triology as Brotherhood probly has the best in game mechanics of them all
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 02:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right the choice is there and all the old skills are unlockable in the leveling tree.       So far of the new...  Origins and Valhalla (havent done much of odyssey yet)     Origins had the best environment just the english country side by comparison is dull (great looking but dull)     

Only thing i kinda miss from the new ones is the button timing kills...  (once you got enough kills in the old system every correct hit after was an instant kill... )  You dont get a great combat flow going like the old style   but combat is a lot of fun. and i still have plenty of the old ones to go back to... Think im going to grab the Enzio Triology as Brotherhood probly has the best in game mechanics of them all

I will say I miss legit smoke bombs, the attack and press triangle to throw a smoke bomb sucks. I constantly throw smoke just trying to loot a guy I just killed
Reply/Quote
At a cross roads lol.... After 150 hours into Valhalla i want to jump into something new. But cant decide.. and have so many things to go back to to finish up.

Thinking Outerworlds or Greedfall next
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 10:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: At a cross roads lol....  After 150 hours into Valhalla i want to jump into something new.  But cant decide.. and have so many things to go back to to finish up.

Have you played Outer Worlds before?  If you want some non-spoiler advice, I can give you some "I wish I had known that before I started" pointers.  I've played through twice and have done all but the last DLC.  i need to go back to it.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 10:25 AM)Stewy Wrote: Have you played Outer Worlds before?  If you want some non-spoiler advice, I can give you some "I wish I had known that before I started" pointers.  I've played through twice and have done all but the last DLC.  i need to go back to it.

I played maybe the first 30 minutes before i put it down for some reason and never came back.. Id welcome advice.  It looks fun.  and i have all the DLC 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 10:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: At a cross roads lol.... After 150 hours into Valhalla i want to jump into something new. But cant decide.. and have so many things to go back to to finish up.

My friend said greedfall was a buggy mess
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote:  played maybe the first 30 minutes before i put it down for some reason and never came back.. Id welcome advice.  It looks fun.  and i have all the DLC 

#1 - There aren't any where near enough skill point to max all the skills, so don't think you have to max ANY of them.

#2 - A huge portion of combat isusing your squamates abilities.  They cannot use them themselves, YOU have to activate them, and it isn't free.  You need 20 Inspiration Skill to unlock the right to use companion abilities.  Get this FIRST if you didn't come out of the character creator with 20 Inspiration.

#3 - Pavarti is the best companion, hands down.  If you look up best companions or ranked companions on the internet, everyone pretty much agrees she is #1 and you get her first.  She does good damage but she is an engineer, enhanced engineering, and lockpicking and her ability is an AE stun that does a bunch of damage.

#4 - Combat seems redundant at first especially since you only have two companion abilities to use and NO abilities of your own.  You just have skills and perks.  However, having played through twice, the combat always seemed satisfying even though at first appearances it seems so limited.  Can't explain it really.

#5 - Weapon/Skill/Attributes Focus - Attributes have synergies with multiple skills.  If you're ranged you don't need Str/Dex and you want to focus on Mind.  A certain amount of personality is always good because there is ALOT of dialog and a lot of convincing you need to do.  But I'd focus on one Dialog skill.  Don't spread yourself out.  AR's are the cream of damage dealing, with Sniper rifles being long guns as well.  It's what I used both times through.  Couldn't help myself.  I'm not much into melee.

#5a - If you decide to go melee and ignore intelligence, and LOWER your intelligence during character creation you can be considered DUMB.  This leads to unique (and apparently hilarious) dialog with different ways to persuade NPC's.

#6 - Ranged Combat and Defense - If you're doing ranged combat you need no real defensive skills.  However no matter what your build you need the ability to LEAP (20 DODGE skill).  Certain chests and areas can only be reached by leaping/jumping, so it is something you need to unlock on every build.

#7 - Science Weapons - you really have to focus all your perks/skills and have Sci Weapons equipped by the entire party to really make these perform.  Over half the science weapons are crap, so I'd hold off using them for a second playthrough AND look up which ones are best.  Don't buy Science weapon perks unless you plan to use them the entire game.

#8 - So....a quirk of the AI.  You set your companions to aggressive, neutral or defense.  If you're sniping and killing a mob puts other mobs into SEARCH mode (think Fallout), if your companions are set to aggressive, they will engage the searching mobs no matter the distance and likely get themselves killed.  So if you're sniping, set them to neutral.

Finally there is a Re-Spec machine on your ship the Unreliable.  It resets skills and perks, but not your original attribute choices.  So you really cannot switch between melee and Long guns on the same playthrough without penalties one way or the other.

Enjoy!
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Outer Worlds has anyone tried Outer Wilds? It's a space exploration mystery game. I rather enjoyed it.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 01:37 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Speaking of Outer Worlds has anyone tried Outer Wilds? It's a space exploration mystery game. I rather enjoyed it.

I have done a few rotations (loops)    it seems kinda like myst game in space.     Have enjoyed it so far...   Its fun weird and different lol
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 10:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: #8 - So....a quirk of the AI.  You set your companions to aggressive, neutral or defense.  If you're sniping and killing a mob puts other mobs into SEARCH mode (think Fallout), if your companions are set to aggressive, they will engage the searching mobs no matter the distance and likely get themselves killed.  So if you're sniping, set them to neutral.

Enjoy!

LOL that dude from vegas always had me in combat from sniping anything from a mile away.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 03:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: LOL that dude from vegas always had me in combat from sniping anything from a mile away.

I always just have him join me, then tell him to stay.  So i keep his perk, but dont have him interfering.  You can have ED-E at the same time, and i tell him to stay put too.  Their two perk make for awesome sniping, but i dont want them along to help.  Just want their perks.
Reply/Quote
So the Switch OLED model was announced and.....well it's a bummer.

A slightly bigger screen, wired Lan port and sturdier/more useful kickstand.

Nothing about 4K, better battery or joycon drift. Even for Nintendo, this is pretty ho-hum.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2021, 12:16 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: So the Switch OLED model was announced and.....well it's a bummer.

Nothing about 4K, better battery or joycon drift. Even for Nintendo, this is pretty ho-hum.

at least it wont require a slightly different sized cartridge  like they have done in the past

**Played and beat Trover Saves the Universe.... Its a very unique game id recommend if you enjoy rick and morty
Reply/Quote
Doing a favorite of mine.

DOOM 2. Nightmare! Pistol start each map. One save per map. Just finished "Episode 1"

Somehow the perfect balance of challenging and infuriating.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2021, 11:30 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Doing a favorite of mine.

DOOM 2. Nightmare! Pistol start each map. One save per map. Just finished "Episode 1"

Somehow the perfect balance of challenging and infuriating.

dude i love doom and doom 2 and would love to play coop with anyone.. Really wish they would add that to the new versions they released (online multiplayer that is)   
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2021, 12:16 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: So the Switch OLED model was announced and.....well it's a bummer.

Yeah, a bit disappointing for sure.  Those white Joycons are fire though.  Not enough to make me buy one, mind you, but still hot looking.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 02:27 PM)Earendil Wrote: Yeah, a bit disappointing for sure.  Those white Joycons are fire though.  Not enough to make me buy one, mind you, but still hot looking.

Oh absolutely. I have a day 1 Switch and my wife has a Lite. She's wanted to get a switch that can be docked, and I was holding out for a Switch Pro to upgrade mine and she could play her Animal Crossing on a bigger screen. But this makes me hesitate. I won't be going out of my way to purchase it, but if one pops up I'll give it a little thought. A beefier upgrade would have made my decision a lot easier.
Reply/Quote
For you PlayStation guys do any of you trophy hunt and if so have you ever gone to PSNprofiles.com?

Trover was great. To get the full experience you have to sit around and stare for a long time in a lot of the dialogue. I think they went on for like 10 minutes one time before it started looping the lines and they even started referencing the fact that the lines were getting looped lol
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 02:43 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Oh absolutely. I have a day 1 Switch and my wife has a Lite. She's wanted to get a switch that can be docked, and I was holding out for a Switch Pro to upgrade mine and she could play her Animal Crossing on a bigger screen. But this makes me hesitate. I won't be going out of my way to purchase it, but if one pops up I'll give it a little thought. A beefier upgrade would have made my decision a lot easier.

I have a neon switch and we managed to snag the special edition Animal Crossing one, so I don't really need another one.  But if they had released a Pro version, I would have bought one and given our original one to my daughter's best friend.
Reply/Quote