Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(05-17-2022, 11:14 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: This is exactly where I'm at right now. Up through the Capital the game was very much a 10/10 for me. Mountaintop of the Giants, while visually wonderful, has very much just been a slog. I find myself wanting to get on the horse and skip stuff much more frequently than before.

I am taking a break as well. I am not an open world fan but this game has really caught my attention. Threw 50 hours into it very quickly. I am in the Capital and have been taking a break. I will go back to it, eventually.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 10:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If their recently trends are anything to go by, they'll buy another company. Lol

Yeah, had that realization myself awhile back. Was like "I haven't heard any updates on STALKER 2 in awhi-- oh. Right."

Got burned out not too long after finishing The Capital. Felt like the areas to the East were a whole lot more linear/pathed and the snow areas were a whole lot of reusing of previous enemies just made more annoying/dangerous/spongy to remove a lot of the progress I felt I had made in getting better and stronger.

Probably didn't help that I was wandering around all the earlier areas very thoroughly so I had put a ton of time into the game at that point and was just needing to play a different game. Haven't gone back to it since.

towards the end if you have explored everything it does kinda bottle neck you to the end game...   Although there is a secert portion of the snow area to get to.. Which leads to one of the hardest places in the game imo.    

nothing wrong with taking breaks now i am waiting to see if any dlc is announced before going to NG+...    i did collected every item/weapon/armor i could get playthru 1...   playthru 2 will probly take 10-20 hours at most as i will just have to follow some quest lines and pick up a few items i want 2 of or missed the first time.

captial is the last major stop before the end game areas. so if you have chunks of the map you have not done.. its a good time. (like volcano manor. Or the underground areas)
Reply/Quote
All this Elden Ring talk has finally broken me down enough to buy it. I canceled my FFXIV subscription recently and needed a good RPG to play since I’ve burned myself out on Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands (4 capped characters already). I have watched a lot of videos of this game, but they were all PlayStation 5 streams. Here’s to hoping that the PlayStation 4 Pro version plays just as cleanly and looks almost as good! ??
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 02:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: All this Elden Ring talk has finally broken me down enough to buy it. I canceled my FFXIV subscription recently and needed a good RPG to play since I’ve burned myself out on Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands (4 capped characters already). I have watched a lot of videos of this game, but they were all PlayStation 5 streams. Here’s to hoping that the PlayStation 4 Pro version  plays just as cleanly and looks almost as good! ??

from my understanding the PS4 pro version was the most optimized but not sure if that was on the ps4 itself or playing the ps4 pro version on the ps5 lol.

But it should be fine either way. until you can get a ps5 (assuming your looking)

But if you have any questions what so ever... Please ask. especially if its your first Souls like...
Reply/Quote
sometimes the hardest thing in gaming is figuring out what to play next lol.
Reply/Quote
@Eldin Ring - I am strong and will not give in. Souls games are not for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 09:47 AM)Stewy Wrote: @Eldin Ring - I am strong and will not give in.  Souls games are not for me.

Souls games are over...  PRAISE THE RING!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 09:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Souls games are over...  PRAISE THE RING!!!!!

*yawns*

I'm waiting for W3 X/S enhanced version.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 10:44 AM)Stewy Wrote: *yawns*

I'm waiting for W3 X/S enhanced version.

Patience required Ahead.   

Try other games    lol

Last i heard W3 X/S upgrade is Q4 2022.... 
Reply/Quote
Not having a good time at all. I should’ve bought something else. I am taking this back to GameStop immediately. ??
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:15 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Not having a good time at all. I should’ve bought something else. I am taking this back to GameStop immediately. ??

It's certainly not for everyone. I'd give it some time. Another option would be to pick up a cheap copy of Dark Souls or Bloodborne for an entry point to the genre. 

Or, you know...........git gud. Ninja 
(that is 100% in jest)
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:15 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Not having a good time at all. I should’ve bought something else. I am taking this back to GameStop immediately. ??

What kind of troubles you got?

or if your taking it back... What you getting
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Patience required Ahead.   

Try other games    lol

Last i heard W3 X/S upgrade is Q4 2022.... 

Playing Stardew at the monent - lol
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 12:05 PM)Stewy Wrote: Playing Stardew at the monent - lol

Trying to Decide between about 5 100 hour RPGs to play next

Red Dead 2
Cyber Punk
Divinity Original Sin2
Skyrim Anniversary
AC Odyssey

will probly just play a shooter lol
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 01:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Trying to Decide between about 5 100 hour RPGs to play next

Red Dead 2
Cyber Punk
Divinity Original Sin2
Skyrim Anniversary
AC Odyssey

will probly just play a shooter lol

I loaded up Skyrim Anniversary - it's the same with slightly and generally unnoticeable better graphics....was disappointed.  Wasn't paying for the extra stuff.  Why pay 30$ for the same game.....again and again......and again.  I've bought that damn thing 4-5 times.....not giving Beth another dime until we get a new game out of them.

I currently bouncing between Stardew, ME3 Insanity run, and AC Valhalla.....depends on my mood.  I want to love AC:V, but it is so redundant like most AC games.

I don't do shooters on consoles. No mouse = no go for me
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 01:20 PM)Stewy Wrote: I loaded up Skyrim Anniversary - it's the same with slightly and generally unnoticeable better graphics....was disappointed.  Wasn't paying for the extra stuff.  Why pay 30$ for the same game.....again and again......and again.  I've bought that damn thing 4-5 times.....not giving Beth another dime until we get a new game out of them.

I currently bouncing between Stardew, ME3 Insanity run, and AC Valhalla.....depends on my mood.  I want to love AC:V, but it is so redundant like most AC games.

I really like some aspects of Valhalla and didnt like some others...  Combat was really good. River raids where fun.  Just little things like sailing up the rivers and fishing were fun and enjoyable. (you can fish with your bow too lol)   

The map was huge all of england pretty much and then they add ireland later lol..       so large amounts of land to cover.  and unfortunately for this game the setting of england isnt as interesting as say egypt or ancient greece.   But as a huge fan of "The Last Kingdom" Show. i loved the story here.    

I do have 1 chievo left to go do in Andromeda that shouldn't take very long.  maybe ill run thru that again first.
oh yeah add the ME Trilogy to my list lol
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 01:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I do have 1 chievo left to go do in Andromeda that shouldn't take very long.  maybe ill run thru that again first.
oh yeah add the ME Trilogy to my list lol

Remember - do your ME2 insanity run NOT from NG+.  The other two games it does not matter.  Best class for insanity in ME2 is Sentinel + Reave (you're nearly unkillable and can solo the game) or if you have the control - infiltrator.  On shot kills allow you to stay in cover and going invis is the ultimate defense because mob completely lose you, allowing you to change defensive positions.

And as i remember you got stuck at the Horizon mission before, remember to do ALL you can before progressing to Horizon.  It triggers when you pick up your 4th squadmate (any of the first 4).  Get as many upgrades as you can before Horizon.  Aside from Marauder Shields in ME3, it is the toughest mission in the trilogy.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: What kind of troubles you got?

or if your taking it back... What you getting

Im having a better go of it now. I spent some time farming and leveled up a bit. Went and got the Twinblade and upgraded it a couple times. Now I’m following the lights to what I assume is the castle to the NW.

I had no idea what keepsakes were when I made my character. I browsed through them and thought activating one would cheapen my game experience, so I didn’t pick one. Was this a mistake?

I am playing this purely single player, I haven’t reupped my PS+ sub. Am I missing out on a key element of the game by not having multiplayer capability?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 01:51 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Im having a better go of it now. I spent some time farming and leveled up a bit. Went and got the Twinblade and upgraded it a couple times. Now I’m following the lights to what I assume is the castle to the NW.

I had no idea what keepsakes were when I made my character. I browsed through them and thought activating one would cheapen my game experience, so I didn’t pick one. Was this a mistake?

I am playing this purely single player, I haven’t reupped my PS+ sub. Am I missing out on a key element of the game by not having multiplayer capability?

with no multiplayer you will miss out on the ability to summon other players to assist you which can be quiet useful for bosses that are causing you issues (summoning other plays does increase boss Hitpoints though).  But the game allows you to Summon Ashes instead and some of these are extremely powerful and useful as well as some NPC Characters for boss fights. and some NPC invaders as well     For instance the castle to the NW the first boss is on the bridge to get into the castle.    (Before i beat that boss i explored all of limgrave i could and the island to the south of it...)   and was probly round level 30.   there is an item in one of the caves (mirkwater or wood cave i believe) in limgrave that helps with the boss fight. and several of the Ashes to find early. (godrick solders i think is just south of the castle wall towards the west coast)

You will know you can summon your ashes when you see the little Ghostly Gate icon on the bottom right of the screen.    (for bosses you have to step into the boss arena first)

getting used to the controls helps alot.    Jump attacks / Heavy attacks help break enemies poise faster which opens them to big damage attacks. (backstab or riposte)  and most weapons have an Ash of War you activate by using Left Trigger. 

For your item slots (directional pad )   you can get back to the first item in each section by holding it down for a second. so i always kept my health potions in slot 1

Additionally on the menu you can added 4 more things to a hot menu that you activate in game by holding Y i believe.  (whatever Y is on Playstation lol triangle?)

Also that first castle if you dont want to do it yet you can go around the side by going out to the broken bridge near the finger crone.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 01:43 PM)Stewy Wrote: Remember - do your ME2 insanity run NOT from NG+.  The other two games it does not matter.  Best class for insanity in ME2 is Sentinel + Reave (you're nearly unkillable and can solo the game) or if you have the control - infiltrator.  On shot kills allow you to stay in cover and going invis is the ultimate defense because mob completely lose you, allowing you to change defensive positions.

And as i remember you got stuck at the Horizon mission before, remember to do ALL you can before progressing to Horizon.  It triggers when you pick up your 4th squadmate (any of the first 4).  Get as many upgrades as you can before Horizon.  Aside from Marauder Shields in ME3, it is the toughest mission in the trilogy.

lol yeah i stopped playing at horizon and tried to pick it back up a year or two later and was completely screwed lol
Reply/Quote