Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-16-2022, 07:00 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'll take that opinion too. I am a big fan of open world rpg games, but Dark Souls games are very cryptic in nature yet also overall quite linear from start to finish which works perfectly together. This game is also very cryptic, but because it's open world, I am at the point of not knowing where I need to go next after I have beaten Godrick. I am sure one of the npcs told me, but the map kinda sucks in general and nothing was recorded to go back to read. In other words, there is no quest info available like every other open world game has to help guide the player. 

So basically going forward, I am going to use walkthrough guides for basic directions on where to go next from boss to boss, and so on. Im not going to waste hours on end just riding around hoping to find stuff I need to upgrade weapons and leveling up. But if it was a more linear open world, I wouldnt use the walkthrough guides.

If you take down all the caves and their bosses youll find lots of upgrade materials...

But you can also buy all the upgrade materials except the final piece. once you find the bell barings.    Its worth exploring everything your first playthru imo.  As then you can get everything which will carry over to your next playthru and you can try any build you want at that point.  But thats me.

IF you want a more linear Game Dark souls 3 is basically a straight line with large areas but no real choices just a linear path.
Reply/Quote
Been playing AC: Origins. My first AC since AC 2 back in the day. It's really good so far. Glad they put it on game pass.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 07:00 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'll take that opinion too. I am a big fan of open world rpg games, but Dark Souls games are very cryptic in nature yet also overall quite linear from start to finish which works perfectly together. This game is also very cryptic, but because it's open world, I am at the point of not knowing where I need to go next after I have beaten Godrick. I am sure one of the npcs told me, but the map kinda sucks in general and nothing was recorded to go back to read. In other words, there is no quest info available like every other open world game has to help guide the player. 

So basically going forward, I am going to use walkthrough guides for basic directions on where to go next from boss to boss, and so on. Im not going to waste hours on end just riding around hoping to find stuff I need to upgrade weapons and leveling up. But if it was a more linear open world, I wouldnt use the walkthrough guides.

I used IGN’s walkthrough and it helped tremendously. They list all the areas, bosses, and loot tables so you can plan ahead. I started a fresh playthrough as a sorcerer lately and knowing where to get good early game spells has been a huge help. Hope it helps!
Reply/Quote
Started a new franchise mode in Madden. Made some trades to get Collins and Karras. Signed Cappa in FA. Moved Carman to LG. Hurst wasn’t available so I signed Foster Moreau. Now, when I make a play with him I say “Burrow to Murrow” because I’m easily amused and it gives me a chuckle.
Reply/Quote
Still working thru Red Dead 2.. I think im getting close to the end of Chapter 3. Just made a ton of money robbing a bank lol.

Also tried the new Turtles game. Shredders Revenge. 6 player coop on most systems. it is a Great side scroller beat em up... a lot like turtles in time and the old turtles arcade. With April Splinter and Casey Jones as playable characters.

And started Chorus. Space Fighting game with arcady feel.. Very fun and easy to pick up and play.
Reply/Quote
Plagues Tale Requiem finally announced its release date of 10.18.22
Reply/Quote
The Long Lost... Skull & Bones game by Ubisoft is getting announced next week with a Release date in November of this year....
Reply/Quote
Brother and a buddy dragged me back into Starcraft 2.

Also dabbling with the new TMNT game.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 12:18 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Brother and a buddy dragged me back into Starcraft 2.

Also dabbling with the new TMNT game.

I remember when i could click fast enough to rank masters.

I doubt I can get past gold now if i tried

Still my all time fav game. 
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 02:31 PM)basballguy Wrote: I remember when i could click fast enough to rank masters.

I doubt I can get past gold now if i tried

Still my all time fav game. 

Oh I am absolute garbage, especially 11 years and 2 kids later LOL 

If a game is sub-6 minutes I'm 100% losing. If it's longer than 10 minutes I'm 100% losing. There's this very small window between 6-10 minutes where I stand a chance. 

3v3 is pretty fun though. I have plenty of time at work to watch videos. Hopefully an old dog can learn new tricks. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 03:15 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Oh I am absolute garbage, especially 11 years and 2 kids later LOL 

If a game is sub-6 minutes I'm 100% losing. If it's longer than 10 minutes I'm 100% losing. There's this very small window between 6-10 minutes where I stand a chance. 

3v3 is pretty fun though. I have plenty of time at work to watch videos. Hopefully an old dog can learn new tricks. 

Never got to play Starcraft 2....  but spent 100s of hours on the first 1.          Hopefully Microsoft will Revive the Franchise once they own Blizzard.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 03:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Never got to play Starcraft 2....  but spent 100s of hours on the first 1.          Hopefully Microsoft will Revive the Franchise once they own Blizzard.

I'd prefer they didn't. They wrapped it up pretty nicely and it had a good run with plenty of balance patches to keep the game fresh. It's StarCraft 2 but in effect the series is actually 5 games, I think it would be better to just leave it be and make a new RTS. 

But a Starcraft 3 will probably happen anyways. Companies are always looking to milk any more money possible out of things that have run their course (looking at you Disney). 
Reply/Quote
Clockwork Knight 2 on the Saturn.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 03:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Never got to play Starcraft 2....  but spent 100s of hours on the first 1.          Hopefully Microsoft will Revive the Franchise once they own Blizzard.

Me too.  I loved SC1.  If I didn't entirely hate Blizzard, I'd figure out how to play it again.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 06:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: Me too.  I loved SC1.  If I didn't entirely hate Blizzard, I'd figure out how to play it again.

I never had a reason to hate blizzard... Havent had much reason to give them any money lately either though  i think last 2 things from blizzard i picked up were 
Diablo 3 (x1)
and Diablo 2R
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I never had a reason to hate blizzard... Havent had much reason to give them any money lately either though  i think last 2 things from blizzard i picked up were 
Diablo 3 (x1)
and Diablo 2R

Well, after this convo I looked up where one can get SC1.  Apparently Blizz remastered it, and you can play the original for free on battle.net, though they entice you buy the remastered.  So I've bene enjoying playing SC1.  Im about half way through Episode III (Protoss).

Last $$$ I gave them was for Diablo III, when it came out.  Never bought any expansions or add ones for it.  Played it once, enjoyed it, never went back.  No replay value for me.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:43 AM)Stewy Wrote: Well, after this convo I looked up where one can get SC1.  Apparently Blizz remastered it, and you can play the original for free on battle.net, though they entice you buy the remastered.  So I've bene enjoying playing SC1.  Im about half way through Episode III (Protoss).

Last $$$ I gave them was for Diablo III, when it came out.  Never bought any expansions or add ones for it.  Played it once, enjoyed it, never went back.  No replay value for me.

Yeah the vanilla diablo 3 didnt have much of an end game but the expansion they did later (i believe was only available on X1/ps4 era) was pretty good for end game content.  but it is just a grind for loot. once you have beaten the game.

Overall i like they way they set up the builds in D3 where you could switch skills easily.   and Builds were almost entirely based on your loot /Selected skills   instead of like D2 where a few mistakes on points could break your character.

But excited to see what Diablo 4 will bring early 2023...

Just dont give any money to diablo immortal. :puke:
Reply/Quote
Welp I finally beat Elden Ring while taking down all the optional bosses too.

I didn't use coop help, but used my Mimic Tear or Black Knife Tiche ashes in pretty much every fight I could. Why? Because there is just too many balancing issues in this current state of the game.

I also did a re-spec after a bit of research, and made the game much more enjoyable and quite easier. I was initially a straightforward strength and dex build, which only got me so far. Then I changed to a heavy dex, and a heavy arcane for a strong bleed build. And then got an education on using a handful of incantations with the Dragonclaw to go with my build, though had to boost faith a bit for the one incantation from the Melania fight, which was massive for the final Elden boss at the end.

Now I am just farming runes and going back making sure I didnt miss anything I will need in case I do a NG+, which I will probably do. Like the other Souls games, I like to be well stocked going into a NG+.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 12:28 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Welp I finally beat Elden Ring while taking down all the optional bosses too.

I didn't use coop help, but used my Mimic Tear or Black Knife Tiche ashes in pretty much every fight I could. Why? Because there is just too many balancing issues in this current state of the game.

I also did a re-spec after a bit of research, and made the game much more enjoyable and quite easier. I was initially a straightforward strength and dex build, which only got me so far. Then I changed to a heavy dex, and a heavy arcane for a strong bleed build. And then got an education on using a handful of incantations with the Dragonclaw to go with my build, though had to boost faith a bit for the one incantation from the Melania fight, which was massive for the final Elden boss at the end.

Now I am just farming runes and going back making sure I didnt miss anything I will need in case I do a NG+, which I will probably do. Like the other Souls games, I like to be well stocked going into a NG+.

Yeah and good news the made a change so all your bell barings carrying over to the next game (at least the ones for upgrade items) maybe not the ones from specific people.

I spent a lot of time @ end game farming every weapon and armor piece i could get..
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2022, 10:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah and good news the made a change so all your bell barings carrying over to the next game (at least the ones for upgrade items) maybe not the ones from specific people.

I spent a lot of time @ end game farming every weapon and armor piece i could get..

Yeah the best farm I found for runes was at the Palace place underground, the first site of Grace. Shoot down at the big bird and it runs off cliff for about 11k, then turn around and use the Elden sword that wipes out almost all those one things sitting around with the holy strike skill. With a rune buffer, its over 50k in less than 30 secs. I also saw on utube there are glitches where you can fall off map at certain spots and gain a lot of runes, then teleport back to the grace. But not doing those because too much of an exploit. At least one above the devs put it in the game.

One thing they need to fix which can be super annoying is how in-game messages show up as intended. But you have to manually click Y button to take it off your screen which has cost me  few times when getting ganged up on with message on and im trying to jump or roll out of the way and it wont do it because I didnt hit Y to remove message. Super annoying.

Currently already started NG+, and it's a ton easier. I did another respec, but went high Faith instead of high Arcane, as im using the Elder sword you get from the Elden boss at end of game. Im just mowing thru bosses like Radahn who I struggled a ton with first time. Getting ready to finish up Nokron and the other underground areas I can get to so far. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote